INK 2013 -(TED Conference-All that Matters

Sumanth S Naik
Sumanth S Naik
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Anyone Planning to attend INK conference 2013 at Cochin from October 25th to 27th.Would be great to catch up fellow bloggers there.

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Hi Sumanth, I won a free pass for the All That Matters blog post. Are you going? I have talked to a few people, there's no clarity about travel, boarding and lodging arrangments. Though the INK Live people sent me a link for accomodation options including budget hotesl.

Sumanth S Naik
from Bangalore
10 years ago

hey ragini even i won a free pass.I am definitely going as TED talks will always be a great experience..No idea about accomodation though.Are you also comin?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

did you win the one by blogadda?? or some other...was going thru the winner list today..couldnt find ur name, or do you have some other pen name over there?...in anycase...do the winners have to make own arrangement to reach there?

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

I am in Delhi, so not too sure. Kochi is tempting though.

Sumanth S Naik
from Bangalore
10 years ago

well i say u should make it.Besides if u wont come u risk missing my company :P

Ankita Singhal
Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I also won the pass and I am still contemplating ... Kochi does sound tempting. 

Sumanth S Naik
from Bangalore
10 years ago

HI ankita...so u r planning to be thr.It would be great to catch up if you are dropping in

Sumanth S Naik
Sumanth S Naik
from Bangalore
10 years ago

True Diwakar and Ragini.Btw Ragini Did they reply to your tweet andd what was the tweet about?

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

I tweet about the pointlessness of the FREE pass. :)No reply. They hardly have 10-15 followers on Twitter, and are not interactive - just a few tweets in July.

Razi
Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

What is this INK TED..?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

u can....registration is open till mid-oct

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Razi, if you are somewhere around Kochi, do register. It is a conference of sorts - thinkers, artists, bloggers - all coming together for idea exchange.

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

I am registering.. Let me see what they gonna exchange at kochi.. Tongue out

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

Thanks guys !!

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

I have to pay for that..?:-O 

Diwakar Narayan
from Pune
10 years ago

Yes, Razi. You have to pay for that :)

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

Thats sad ! Sealed

Sumanth S Naik
Sumanth S Naik
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Well am in bangalore .So i thought it is kindaok for me.But From Delhi Indore it would be an expensive affair

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yes It will be costing minimum 16 K from my end. And I so want to go Cry but it seems pointless now. Undecided

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Is it possible for those who have won free passes to transfer their passes to someone else who is willing to go?

Diwakar Narayan
from Pune
10 years ago

I don't think so, Hemal. Prizes are usually not transferrable.

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Hemal, if you are interested the registrations are still on for as low as 1500 bucks. Check their website, there are various registration options.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I saw Rs. 100,000 as registration fee! 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

100000?? seriously?Surprised kem u saw that??? check it here instead >> http://www.inktalks.com/conferences/inklive2013/attend

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

just now i saw this >> Registration Fee: Rs 100,000 (for residents of India) or $2400 (for non-Indian residents)....are they nuts? Surprisedon top they dont give accomodation too...no wonder they are now selling 1500 bucks passes...who'll buy 1 lakh onesUndecided

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Registration for the LIVE event starts with !500 bucks... while INK Conference fees is Rs. 100,000. I would like to understand the difference between these two, can anyone help?

I want to attend the Conference - http://www.inktalks.com/apply

The link to registering for LIVE event is http://www.inktalks.com/conferences/inklive2013/attend

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

conference would be live event too, no?? they say it as 'early bird registration' so i guess its same...though i doubt anybody will buy a 1lakh pass, thats why they started the cheaper one for same thing. --- dates are same too

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Deka both are two different events altogether. Confrences is a TED live Event, and Live 2013 is more of a workshop.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what is this? Embarassed I visited the website but I understood zilch. Frown

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

so how much does normal live event registration cost? without the 'early bird' option?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

and what does this statement mean >> INK Live is a stimulating experience created around the talks, live from the INK Conference, along with simultaneous workshops, projects, contests, speaker interactions, and more.

i got it here >> http://www.inktalks.com/conferences/inklive2013  'live from INK conference' would mean both are not separate right?

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Oh Rs. 100,000,  that is for Ink Conference.. which includes everything from flying to accommodation to meals to speech. everything. and we won INK LIVE pass.. which is like Live streaming of the actual conference.. just like sitting between peeps and watching a movie.. but this would be educational and fun.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

no..it doesnt include flying or accomodation....read this >> If your application is accepted, you will be sent a payment link as well as relevant information for you to book your own accommodation.A basic cost estimate for accommodation will be available soon /////////////////////// it only includes >>conference pass and lunch, tea breaks, and dinner from October 25th to October 27th afternoon

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ankita

INK Conferences is in association with TED Conferences, and I am assuming that this will be more or less like TED conferences. The conference is happening in the 5* Hoteh Le Merredian, Kochi. 

INK Live 2013 is different. This is more of workshop type event, happenign in another area of Kochi at Bharat Hotel's BTH Sarovaram Resort. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

yep...had a thorough check...both indeed seem diffrent, strange......but those paying 1lakh still have to book/pay travel/accomodation seperately

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Nandani.. Yes Thanks.. I just checked. I assumed it would include all that. Innocent

@Hemal Shah-- Yes I know both the vents are diff.  If I had won the passes of the conference then I would have been going no matter the 16k .. Oh I wish we all had gotten those passes instead Ink Love. :)

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Just checked my last reply .. found many typos... 

*Events

** Ink LiveInnocent

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

True that Ankita! 

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Frankly, even if it's 1500/2000 INR it can't be called a cheap registration fee, considering the registration fee of other bigger conferences in India where one gets countless goodies too [Sigh].....

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

what shocked me is the 1 lakh registration fees....utne mai koyi kerela kyu jayega...europe hi ghum aayegaUndecidedCool

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Aur Kerala hi jayega to luxury holiday manake aayega na.... [Pointless things going on]

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

INK Conferences is in association with TED Conferences. Once you apply for REgistration, they will screen your profile before adjudging if you are fit to be invited. Then they send confirmation with a link to make the payment.

I follow TED Videos on their Conferences and really appreciate the speakers and variety of the content. But I also heard they are damn costly, and INR 100,000 per person is indeed in that leauge.

Frankly, I would be happy to pay upto INR 10,000 from my limited capacity for such an event. I dont see INK LIVE 2013 generating too much interest as I clearly lack clarity on what the event is all about. From what I tried to understand, it looks like workshop.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

hmmm I would rather buy chocolates! Cool and motivate myself instead of allowing some unknown person to change my opinion and mood  of mind Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

ditto...and i'll buy dosas...why to waste money for silly thingsLaughingCool

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

This is different stuff Ranjith, and I dont know how much you could relate to this, but I value such Conferences and talks. If you are a regular or have viewed some of the TED videos, you would know this. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I never found such talks motivating. Sealed

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

1 lakh registration fee..?? Surprised

I could travel whole India .. That would be more motivating than this conference hall motivations..!!Innocent

Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Guys some times ago TED USA had disassociated itself from TED India franchise as they were holding too many events and the standard of the speakers and events was not as expected for the TED International level.

Is this one being organized by the Indian side?

I hope someone is not pulling a fast one on the attendees.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

This is a new platform created by someone who used to be TED India's organizer. TED has content license agreement with INK, where TED will source content (read Talks) from INK based on their preference to be made available to views of TED on their platforms. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread