Expect the September Indiranks to be low

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

For some reason the Mozranks showed a big spurt in August 2013 and as a result all Indibloggers enjoyed good Ranks.  Looks like now mozrank is back to its pre-Aug days so expect your Indiranks to decrease Wink and dont feel sad because you know the reason why Indirank will decrease

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Shrikant
Shrikant
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ohh.. is it... and I thought only my moz Rank had leaped!! Any reason for that jump @VP?

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

IMO, Shri, to me, it seems to be a bug in Mozrank update. It just fell drastically just a few days after we had an indirank update in August. And you're not alone. I, Ranjith, Pankti, ND were also affected, maybe, VP has also faced this issue. I'm quoting a few people because I know that blogs of these people suffered. Sealed

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Already expecting a drastic fall in the september Indirank. There was a drastic fall in the MozRank just days after the last IndiRank update in August. As a result, a lot of the users encountered a drastic fall in the moz ranks of their blogs. Maybe, SeoMoz had some bug which spiked the mozranks of all our blogs and websites. This seems to be resolved now, so most of us should expect a decline in IndiRank for September.Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yep Shri CK is rightSmile  No Idea about the jump but I guess it was something to do with the Googles Hummingbird in some way.  

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

But, how could Hummingbird affect the MozRanks? I don't know too much details as to what goes into calculating mozrank (SeoMoz too likes to keep their recipes secret, as IB), but, I do not expect any drastic change in the mozrank that could be caused by Google updating their search algo. Sealed

AFAIK, Google Hummingbird is just an updated set of search algorithms to further modify the Penguin and Panda updates, and has been in place for around a month (since the news about it broke out a few days back). Our blogs had a somewhat similar mozrank (compared to what we have now) before the Indirank update (don't exactly know when this drastic change of inflated moz rank happened), and after that again, we can see a drastic decline in our mozranks, somewhat near our last month's mozrank (we can see it in IndiRank stats for July). So, in my opinion, this drastic change in MozRank can't be attributed to Hummingbird, as it's to me seems to be a correction in a buggy mozrank update (the way our IndiRank gets corrected for people for whom the blog feed is not detected). Tongue out

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
VP bro, tussi great ho...how can one blame the innocent 'hummingbird' for mozRank bug? By the am loving the new algo update.... :-)
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

CK AD Humminingbird is not a update it is full redesign of the Google search algo whereas the Panda and Penguin were Caffeine updates and Mozrank spurt  happened during the same time when the hummingbird was let loose.  You can read the Danny Sullivans Hummingbird FAQ here.  I know it is far fetched but I think somehow everything is linked.  And AD hummingbird has been good to me as well as my adsense Revenue has jumped upWink 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Wow Ranjith, nice article, thanks Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You read it? Surprised

I myself didn't read it Sealed

Razi
Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

Ranking is just Ranking.. No worries Wink

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yep a Ranking is ranking but it sure sounds nice to have a 80+ Ranking Wink and getting 2 points for every vote Sealed

Razi
from Malappuram
10 years ago

2 points per vote..? SurprisedSurprisedSurprised

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You din know that Tongue out

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

VP, I still don't care if my ranking goes below 80 Tongue out