What's your favorite Mumbai street-food???

Swarali
Swarali
from Bellevue
10 years ago

Hello Fellow Bloggers, 

I am a Mumbai girl living in the US and truly miss my city a lot!!..The crowd, the Sun, the Autorickshaws, even the traffic!!...But most of all, being a foodie, I miss the food of the city....

In my tiny apartment kitchen in the US, I try to (among other things) re-create some of my old mumbai favorites...some successfully, like the Batata wada and some, not so much....like the pani puri, which just won't taste the same if its not made by our Pani puri wale Bhaiyya-ji!!!

In my blog, Yumtastic Khana, I am looking at writing about the Mumbai  street foods and places in Mumbai where one can find the best of certain foods...like for example, I LOVE the Mysore Masala Dosas that we get outside Mithibai College in Vile Parle (W)...I hope they still make it the same way!!

Can you guys and Girls help me and tell me more about your favorites and where you think you find the best in Mumbai???

It would be soooo nice to just read about stuff from you all and for someone who is soooo far away from my beloved Mumbai, it would definitely be a way to re-visit some old memories and help me with my post.

Thanks in advance,

Swarali

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I like Vada Pav : the best of Mumbai

I liked the super cutting chai, then the thepla of Kanshiram at bhuleshwar.
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Still not forgotten the taste of the Kanshiram theplas RioSmile

No bro, i never forget, taste
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I loved the lunch at I think Joshi(forgotten the name now) on first floor at Kalbadevi Smile

And the Panipuri from the underground shops Cool

Must be g. Bhagat tarachand vijay
Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Pau Bhaji!!!!!!!!Laughing

jaynth busi
jaynth busi
from guntur
10 years ago

Panipuri... excellent.. vada pav... its assossiated with only bombqy!! Super awesome dish!!

Bhumi Jayalakshmi
Bhumi Jayalakshmi
from Chennai
10 years ago

I love Sev Puri and Dabeli Pav! :D :D It's just yummmmyyy! :D :D 

Swarali
Swarali
from Bellevue
10 years ago
Wow!!!!!....Some of you really refreshed my memories of stuff like Bhagat Tarachand....all the awesome pure ghee based khana.....There was (I hope still is) a place called Anant Ashram....It was a very basic setup...I think somewhere in Khotachi Wadi (but not sure)....they had an absolutely Yumtastic thali....I remember going there only once and had to actually stand in queue outside this old little building....they had 'bakdas"(benches)..and total unpretentious atmosphere inside....a typical 'khanawal'....but such amazzzzzing food!!!...Does anyone know about this place?? Thank you for your replies...please be more specific about where you get the best or whatever dish you like!! Keep blogging!! :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread