Locked The Useful, the Bad, and the Ugly and The Pin.

Firstly, A note of Sorry from my side to Ranjan, I Now I am unuseful or useful, or any given obnoxious name, I least care. Mods are very prompt souls, and are free to pin, make sticky, on the highlights, any particular thread their humble souls rejoice at. One thing is very encouraging, mods are getting lenient on spams. Rejoice
Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Humble
Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Rio,

I did not understand the meaning of this thread. Can you please elaborate? What is that you feel that has done bad that makes you write such a thread?

Mods are very prompt souls, and are free to pin, make sticky, on the highlights, any particular thread their humble souls rejoice at.

Modreators are the driving force behind this forum maintaining the quality of threads. I feel they always have done justice to it, and never has any issues creeping in except that people do not like to be morderated. 

One thing is very encouraging, mods are getting lenient on spams. Rejoice

Mods are not lenient on spams. we hate spams as much as others do. When I say "we", I am also talking for IndiPolice. 

Please check recent undeleted pinned thread of Ranjan, where a comment of pinning was made.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Can you point me into that direction please?

Hemal, I am sorry to say I am unable to pinpoint the thing. My bad luck. A comment can be read in a sarcastic tone, but the writer may have been sincere in comment. dengue wrath has hit severely in India and a close one is in ICU, and in this blood platelets go down from 2 lacs to mere 10k in a day, and risk death. Minor cut and bleed in this situation is fatal. A thread where my sincere comment though a small one in reaction to a thread of Ranjan, where he had imminently stressed on National bleeding issue, i metioned of another hazard of Dengu faced by nation. This was found offensive by the talented versatile blogger, to simply adorn rio with The well desrved connotations. This was appropriate of him since he felt bad and I have seeked his forgiveness, since his thread stands locked. The much beautiful part was that a mod member saw beauty of the words uttered by our imminent useful blogger and wanted to pin it to be seen by upcoming generations.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi Rio,

I think what you explained here is what you should have put in that thread. Instead, you wrote a single line that did not made any sense. I appreciate your words for apology for the young lad, but as seniors here on the forum we should really stress the point of quality in any conversations on threads and all responses have to be clear. 

What happened really was that Ranjan saw this as a clear sarcasm/nonsensical. For that matter (and to myself as well), anyone looking at your comment on that thread without this knowledge of why you wrote it there will feel the same. Which is the reason why you see others supporting the young. As has been in another case recently, sarcasm was initiatied by someone else, and another person was at the receiving end. 

Your this thread as well, started off in a sarcastic tone (If he is humble enough to accept it) and the person on the other end would see this negatively, as if you hated to even give your apology even when you were not. 

I am sorry could not really convey this message any better and am blunt here, but I feel that with your right intentions, your communition has to be right as well. Little information could be dangerous as you well saw in this situation. 

Thanks,Hemal

True, i had to say this in a new thread as older one was locked. now do I conclude that previous occassions where mods have explicitly tormented newbie by sarcastic comments were genuine ones and they deserved that treatment and this ranjan here is a different one to be treated in another fashion and his reactional statement is truly needed and if one feels he can take any statement fully offensive and utter non parliamentary language. Seeing great changes at indie.
"Humble enough to accept "is non sarcastic too, . It was written as "just his wish, if he wants to accept or not".
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Rio, 

As I said in my previous reply, it was more of clear communication than anything else. Your comment was seen sarcasitc because of two main reasons. 

1) Someone else started sarcasm on the thread.

2) Your response was incomplete

As has been in another case recently, sarcasm was initiatied by someone else, and another person was at the receiving end. 

Your intentions, though noble, may not be preceived in the right manner if you do not communicate clearly, which I believe you can and do it well. I have seen you doing it many times over during our time standing relationship over IB. 

No IndiPolice is dealing with anyone who is a offender differently. Be it a friend or not, an offender for IndiPolice is an offender. And since this new guy is in the question, based on your incomplete response and other sarcasm that has been a common place on the forum now, IndiPolice had to act. 

Pinning the thread is a thing Renie will decide, but after hearing your side I dont think that is necessary. 

now do I conclude that previous occassions where mods have explicitly tormented newbie by sarcastic comments were genuine ones and they deserved that treatment and this ranjan here is a different one to be treated in another fashion and his reactional statement is truly needed and if one feels he can take any statement fully offensive and utter non parliamentary language. Seeing great changes at indie.

Ranjan has clearly said he was sorry he made a mistake by posting the self promotion thread instead of using IndiVine. That means, he is responded positively to Ranjith's (who is not an IndiPolice) suggestion and appreciated the fact by thanking Ranjith. Of course, to someone who is respecting forum rules after being informed about his wrong doing will always be appreciated. 

Sorry guess i posted it here by mistake.Thanks for the redirection Ranjith.

What you are referring to are many situations where the user does not obey the rules, rather start hurling abuses and IndiPolice behaves accordingly. 

About the abuse

I certainly do not like his abuseive language, and I would be on your side that he should not have used the language. He was frustrated with sarcasm thrown on him, and to be fair to this forum, this is a trend we are seeing with almost every newbie due to thread hi-jacking and non-sensical comment. You being a part of that stream let him take it on you as well. And please remember the reaons why your comment was sarcasm from my previous response. 

Any action that needs to be taken will be decided by IndiPolice along with IndiTeam on the abuse. You can definitely report that person to IndiTeam and they will take the appropriate action, rather.

Thanks for editing the thread to change your start. 

I have taken his reactional statement in a healthy tone, a reaction, any sane person may react. No offenses from him. But a Mod, coming up and advocating the pinning of thread and no interjection on newbie to restrain unparliamentary language, hurt a lot and i fear things may never be same for me from now on.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Rio, 

I completely understand your concern, but I want to share that you take this with a pinch of salt. 

As I said, until you shared your intentions in this thread, the reply you made on Ranjan's thread was taken as a non-sensical comment. IndiPolice's reaction was the to imminent responses the newbie received, which is not appreciated. Niether by IndiPolice nor by the user himself. 

Till the time you clarified your intention behind what you wrote on that thread, you were seen as one of those offenders. The forum is of late become a playground for anyone to come and have nonsense fun. Reaction to that thread by IndiPolice was not for you "alone", but everyone who is believed to be made fun of a newbie. 

So I request you rethink IndiPolice's reaction, given my explantion about why your comment was perceived as it was in my previous replies. And again want to reinforce that, IndiPolice's reaction was not directed to you alone. 

On just a lighter note, no blames on any one personal. When any issue is discussed, people opine their views. People read between lines and feel hurt, may be a phenomena of psychology. Likewise the other person too may be feeling bad. I had created a thread on the issue of locking threads. http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=14914, and on many instances voiced my opinion on harsh words.
Animesh
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Things cannot be taken on a lighter note if they were not intended to. The purpose of this thread was not something to be taken on a lighter note and this is obvious from your replies also. Reading between lines was because of the fact that you never said anything clearly, neither in the description nor in any of the comments and kept changing your stand or better word would be, kept coming out new questions/allegations.

P.S.

There is a difference between harsh words and allegations and please allow me to say that I understand that difference.

Ranjan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi All ,

No matter if i hate or love it - i am right in  the middle of this storm.

Rio,first of all i never got a chance to apologize - since the other thread is locked.I am sorry mate !

I got a bit carried away - a few of the comments i made was immature and not professional.I will keep that in mind.

Of course i misunderstood your comment, until now ,when i read the details above.

No one dislikes healthy sarcasm once in a while - but when sarcasm is all you get ,its a bit upsetting isn't it ? You were a newbie blogger once,i am sure you would understand that perspective.

My intention was to not to point out to you or any other person - but to bring out to the attention of the mods that the interest of new bloggers needs to be protected .New bloggers need to be encouraged -hence i requested all experienced bloggers  for constructive criticism 

Hope we can put this bad experience behind us and begin anew ! 

My sincerest apology in case i hurt you in some way

Good day and Happy Blogging !

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

This is Great Ranjan!

Really appreciate you reaching out with your apology, and appreciate the fact that you have responded in a real mature manner. Thanks dude!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey friends,

It was me who brought up the 'pin' word, and so I guess, even I am partially involved somewhere in this entire fiasco.

Sorry Pramodji, my intention was and will never be to hurt you or anyone else for that matter. I can never forget how receptive and warm you were when I was myself a new member here and I cherish and respect you for all your encouraging words and support you have always lent me whenever we have had a chance to interact.

As Ranjan says, even I had got a bit carried away yesterday and hence suggested pinning of the thread for the same reasons as stated by him.

Now, seeing the replies in this thread, somewhere I am having a bad feeling as I hurt Pramodji and dragged the IndiPolice (especially Animesh) into all this as well, unintentionally, of course.

Please accept my humble apologies for any reckless comment I may have made (re: the pinning one) that may have hurt anyone on that thread.

I just want to say that... Words can make or words can destroy, let's just sincerely wish that ALL OF US (including even Renie Tongue out) have the wisdom to always choose our words wisely. We all make mistakes at varius levels but what is important is to forgive, forget and move on - This is one of the many things, I learnt from all my so called, seniors and juniors, in this forum.

As Ranjan says,

Hope we can put this bad experience behind us and begin anew ! 

3 Cheers to you -- IndiForum -- I feel very proud to exist as a small part within you! Thank you! Smile

Arti ji, thanks a lot. Now I just want to say this, One learns and goes along. I am a simple human, and have acted on my instincts and voiced my thoughts. The present scene too, by god's grace has materialised. Thanks tonns @ Ranjan, for accepting my apology. 

Ranjan
Ranjan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks a lot to you  Rio for accepting my apology.I guess we got started on the wrong foot.You are a commendable blogger and i look forward to learn a lot from you in the days ahead.

Arti,

Yes ,we do need to choose our words wisely .I don't think anyone could have ever put it better than this -

Words can make or words can destroy

Finally as the wise Bard of Avon once put it - All's well that ends well Smile

I remember a certain Boyzone song called the Words that goes something like this -

It's only wordsAnd words are all I haveTo take your heart away

Innocent

Kudos, very well stated Ranjan. You will find me on forum itself if you need any help. I will surely guide as per my capabilities.
Thanks Hemal, it is a task in itself I admit, and I admire your patience day by day. Hat's off to you.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You are always welcome Rio! I think time teaches us all :) :) :) 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Everyone has hugged and made peace and all of us are one big family again. So purpose of thread achieved? So thread can be locked?

Animesh
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I think it can be locked now.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I think yes!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes, after I post my reply. Tongue out