Which smartphone is most friendly for blogging?

Mehroo Turel
Mehroo Turel
from Hong Kong
10 years ago
Hi all, I am planning to change my smartphone and want to know bad on your experience which is the most blog friendly phone? I would like to have features wherein we can use pics taken from our phone directly into the blog without having to mail or transfer. I would also like a function which helps me upload my blog posts straight on social media without having to do it separately. Any ideas? Thank you.
Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending

My one word answer to your question is "None" :P

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Smart phone and blogging ?? You can only make nice short text posts with a smart phone for which you can use any phone.  You can also make a post via email.  Just enable the blogger setting for doing so.  For sharing images on social media Android and iPhone both have sharing capabilities for sharing them on various social platforms but I dont think you can share it on blogger as of yetCool

Hope this helps

I phone, and install blogger app. It is free and great feature.
Rupom Roy
Rupom Roy
from bangalore
10 years ago

I think Nothing Like That....

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I don't use my phone for anything more than calls and messages. Tongue out

I searched for 'best smartphone for bloggers'. It showed too results but none of them had anything useful in them. Undecided

I would like to have features wherein we can use pics taken from our phone directly into the blog without having to mail or transfer.

I think it depends more on the app than the smartphone. You can sync your phone's photos with Picasa Web Albums. Pictures from your picasa account can be used directly on your blog. ( In fact, all images that you add in your blogger posts are stored in picasa ) Search for it and you will get many options.

I would also like a function which helps me upload my blog posts straight on social media without having to do it separately. Any ideas?

This feature is nothing related to the smartphone. There are apps which keep an eye of your blog feed and when you post a new article, they automatically post it to twitter and facebook. Again, search ( 1 2 ) for it and you will find many options.

I gave you the links to Google search instead of suggesting some apps as I never used any such apps. Undecided

Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Frankly speaking, there none!I tried using my tab too but nothing is as comfortable as a pc!

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

I use my iPad and my Galaxy Tab for writing posts when I am out of home. If you have the right app/s, writing is easy. The Galaxy Tab gives you the additional advantage of swype for writing texts.

The apps or application software that I have used until now include MS Office 365, Write2Lite (on iPad), OneNote, Werdsmith (on iPad), Moleskine, Evernote, QuickOffice... there is no dearth of apps for both the iPad as well as the Galaxy Tab.

However, I have never tried to upload a post to my blog via a Tab or the iPad... I always get back home and walk the final mile on my laptop.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

Almost all the apps mentioned can be used on any good Android phone or the iPhone... and a bigger screen makes the experience better. For instance, I love doing writing work on the Galaxy Note2... the Note3 is awesome but I am yet to win it. :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

but I am yet to win it. 

=))

And I am waiting to win a smartphone having a large screen. Undecided

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Am waiting for Ranjith to win the smartphone with large screen so I can have his iPadCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Vijay Tongue out

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Notebook+ wi-fi camera. Having a real tactile interface is much better off than typing on a panel.

Mehroo Turel
Mehroo Turel
from Hong Kong
10 years ago
Thanks all....to reply to a few yes I do write posts on my smartphone which is a samsung s2 and hence I was looking for a good upgrade. However like arvind I normally upload only aft the final run on my laptop.....but anyway thanks for all your suggestions I will go ahead with a few.

LockSign in to reply to this thread