Admins: Can't we have a notification system on this site?

Shantinath Chaudhary
Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Will it be not good to have notification of any new events related to our actions?

Like if we post in a thread and someone responds to that thread, we can get notification of that here in this site itself (right now we have to choose "track this topic"). Also, if someone gets tagged in a thread, he can get notification for that.

Won't it be good? Otherwise it is very difficult to track the conversation going on in a thread. 

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I don't think ther's a need for this as the 'track this topic' widget is satisfying enough! Go to your dashboard and you'll get all the updatesSmile

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

dashboard doesn't notify of forum related activities, it only shows who voted, who added to network etc. But nothing related to Forum discussions

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I get a notification in my dashboard if anyone has posted any reply for the forum topics which I have marked as 'Track this topic'. Dunno why it's different with youInnocent  

Indiadmins/police please look into this problemSmile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

bushra...i dont think we get forum notification in dashboard....i never got mine either

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

btw i think only renie has control over that...not indipolice

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago
yepp, I also don't remember getting notification in dashboard for forum related. But anyway, I will just try again and see.
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
You get notifications in your dashboard ONLY IF you track that topic. Otherwise not. That way you get notification both in your e mail and your dashboard.
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hey Nandini and Shantinath,

I am talking about simple notifications in dashboardInnocent

Here's a snapshot of how my dashboard looks at the present i.e, today...

Don't you guyz get these forum related notifications in your dashboards?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

bushra no i never got those...maybe i;ve not tracked any thread..though i'm not sureSurprisedInnocent

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

It's there ND. Click on the Dashboard button, you'll be able to see it. And as DS has rightly pointed out, you'll get a notification for a thread you created (unless you don't durn off track this thread) or when you track the thread you're replying in.

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

ND, You said you received e-mail notifications right? Than obviously you have tracked that particular topic.Innocent

Then why don't you receive these dashboard notifications... Surprised

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Oh Yes, I am getting that kind of notifications in my dashboard. Perhaps I hadn't tracked any topic in quite some topic, so forgotten that feature :/

So yes, that solves the purpose to a great extent. 

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Only thing that I fear from choosing that "track this topic" option, because if a topic becomes very active, then it just inundates my email InBox, which I don't like.... May be they should think of seperating the two feature..

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Keeping in mind the new forum rules, I don't think that'll be a problem now ShantinathSmile

Spamming/chit-chat/everything which is not related to the topic, has been banned. 

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Ohh nice! I wasn't aware of that! Thanks for letting me know Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

yea...mostly on my review thread though...Surprised and for that i never got any notification on dashboardSurprisedi dunno abt the other threads maybe the notificatons are off...Surprised though i dont remember clicking them offSurprised

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

SurprisedReport the problem to Renie ND....Smile

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

When you feel your mail box is getting junked, just click the "Track" star again, Shantinath... and see it turn grey; that is the key to 'untrack' a tracked topic and stop recieving further notifications! Smile

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Yepp, I was aware of that. But anyway Thanks Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

*(Missed pointing it out earlier)

My reply was a response to this statement from the above conversation:

Only thing that I fear from choosing that "track this topic" option, because if a topic becomes very active, then it just inundates my email InBox, which I don't like.... May be they should think of seperating the two feature..

Anyway, my pleasure. Innocent

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

yeah yeah, I had got that Arti. Thanks for taking time to respond Smile

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Cool! I think the converstaions can now end as the question for this thread now stands resolved?

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

yes, let it be considered closed now.

LockSign in to reply to this thread