Just a re- quest

It is a re - quest. I wanted to leave it at Re - quest but auto mode wanted at least 20 words. So I elaborate further. With community guidelines in place, I just wish indipolice members to restrain any public slaughter of any blogger member on being carried away in comments by brain itches. It can be done so by simple indimail to the person.

Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending
Yes, I could have, but to only one or two members are on my network. Not all.
Further, it was not for just one indipolice member. It was just a request for all, future happenings dreaded.
Animesh
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You have skipped the answer to first question.

Anyway, even if you raise your apprehension to one of us, it is known to all members.

Animesh
from Mumbai
10 years ago

But is it based on some observation or just a worry about future?

It is a slaughter for the one who is at the receiving end. You also have been victim of slaught. So you know better.
Animesh
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hints do not work everywhere. Please be clear.

And please let my case be gone. That's a closed case anyway

Well, my future is bleak, with my brain itches being used to a set pattern over the years. It will take time for all the controls to sink in brother.
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Rio, I too don't like controls. It seems this is a bloggers' school. Smile We can either continue here with our admission, or get out of it (as many are doing). Smile

PS: This is my opinion. I have the right to give my opinion without being accused of slinging mud on anyone. Or so I hope.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

control is okay..it keeps a place in order, but too much control can be suffocating....and its my opinion too

Yes, past is past and future beckons.
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

@Rio, is this with regards to an old issue, or is it something new?

No, nothing new has cropped up yet. Sorry for the thread, but this was a well meant initiative directed at future tense.
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Since this thread was just for Indipolice, I think, I shouldn't have replied in this thread, but, just because this is out in the open, I can't control my "brain itch" to post my opinion on this topic. My opinion on having police (read controlling authorities) is just because there are a number of people (I won't go into caste/creed/race/religion/ethnicity/colour/etc, because I am a person of low intellectual capability, and thus, can't think till that extent to extract inferences/patterns from happenings) can't control themselves or their "brain itches" and commit things that can't be termed good for themselves as well as the entire society. The same things apply for a public forum too. We have people from all walks of life, ages, who differ from their other counterparts in their thinking, and their understanding of things. We have members working in the top management of MNC's, we have authors of best seller publications, we have house wives, we have students, we have people from all different kinds of professions (doctors/lawyers/engineers/IT professionals/stock traders), we have a number of businessmen too, and I do not expect everyone to think and comprehend alike. What one thinks and posts as humour, may be comprehended as insulting by someone else. I too maintain that I don't even expect myself to respond to/comprehend a situation/statement in the same way every time. So, I would like to re-quest everyone here to please take this into consideration and please do understand that everyone doesn't have a same sense of understanding as you do, so, please do not start a full fledged war against that person, unless, he/she repeats that offense. If you want, I would request you to please warn them via an indimail or through some indipolice or even if you want to, on the thread itself, and that should do.

With regards to the public slaughter of innocent lambs out here, I would say that whatever Indipolice are doing might not be right at all times, but, as we ourselves are, indipolice are also prone to make mistakes, so, please let them do away with any mistakes they are committing, with simply communication your feelings about their actions to them, and I believe that these people are responsible enough to understand your feelings on their acts, and clarify their point of view/refrain from that action in future. As far as pointing out to indibloggers of their actions, I think this is duty of everyone of us to refrain from activities that are not acceptable to us and also to point out actions of people who knowingly or unknowingly commit mistakes. I agree that it may sometimes be intimidating for new members getting warning from indipolice, but, since I too was new at a point of time, I remember reading all the forum guidelines, and as far as I think, I haven't indulged in SSP (link spamming), though, I have indulged in indirect SSP pointing people towards my blog for a few things, including one thread with blog header/menu discussion, because since I had completed that thing recently, I thought, it would be helpful to those looking out for similar things.

PS: I'm not a member of IndiPolice, nor do I get paid to support IndiPolice.Tongue out This is just my personal opinion, so please, don't declare war against me.Innocent

It took me a whole 2-3 hours to complete this essay in bits and fragments, as I got time, beyond having pizzas, and relaxing in my AC office.Tongue out

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

CK, first of all LaughingLaughingLaughing

Secondly, rules are good. But in measures. That's it.

PS: My brain is "itching" to fall down laughing. Sealed

Cyberkid, this is freedom of speech and we can have differences in opinions. No boundations on that. Light hearted jest may turn offensive in many cases, but to the point chit chats turnout monotonous. If a blogger has query he will google, or he will create a thread and get expert advice from some intellectuals here.
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Rio,

Last time too, you created a thread (just kidding) which did not have any clearly communicated message. You left things hanging in the air and things died down only after so many conversations over that thread. 

I want to ask you to either voice your thoughts clearly or send IndiMail to Me/Renie/Animesh/TheFool/DS. Creating threads like these do not really help Forum's stability (as we communicated last time as well) and it invokes varied emotions from people. 

You have used strong words like "Slaughter" which we all know means killing or butchering. In the context of forum, this means bullying. I dont think anything of that nature has happened on the forum. 

Offenders will be warned, on the thread / IndiTalk. The reason for opting to warn on the forum thread / IndiTalk is others who see the behavior / comment / reaction, would be wary of doing the same thing. Else, everyone would think such behavior goes scot free. 

You are a very senior and respected member, and we all know each other personally. Hence it will be better if you raise your concerns personally rather than writing vauge threads like these.

Thank You.

Concern is clear Hemal. Indiblogger will be losing devoted bloggers on harping on to control light hearted communication here and there. It is very hard to think thrice before hitting the post button in commenting. The fear of some indipolice member contradicting your statement looms large. If there is a simple statement by indipolice on thread. I stated it in an innocent precautionary voice but my bad, it was taken personal due to previous mishaps. What can one do so that this taking personal thing, doesn't comeup.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

What can one do so that this taking personal thing, doesn't comeup.

I think Rio, to your question I have to say this. One can be very clear while in communications. Second, you can read throughly the response and understand / thinking form the point of view of the other before you reply again. I do that personally, so this is something that I can only recommend, and you may or may not accept it. 

The Tighter control, is already reaping in results. The intention of the rules are clear, that we have IndiTalk for a "light hearted discussion" and forum threads for "meaning full discussions". This is the value that I have loved IndiBlogger forum from the time I am here. You started the thread in an innocent manner you say, but not clearly communicating what went wrong. 

Also, I did share last time on Just Kidding thread that you posting your views invite strongly reactions by others on the forum thus hampering the decorum, since you are a respected senior and known person. Since you know all of us here well, and have spoken to each other personally on phone as well, we can just talk about it and resolve the concern. 

DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
You seem to have a perennial grudge against Indipolice. Out of your last 5 threads, 3 threads are, 'Just Kidding', 'Good Bad Ugly and Pin' and now this one. I dont understand what you expect from us? Where have we even warned someone sternly let alone butcher someone (i too hate this word being used as already mentioned above)? On the contrary, its always been the Indipolice who has been subject to public taunts (for eg, just kidding thread) and well masked jabs (for eg, this very thread!!) and public outcry against them (for eg, The Good Bad blah blah..). The forum was always bubbling with activity which was both meaningful and constructive. People would go out of their way to help each other out, to seek help. And lastly, whatever it is that you have against the Indipolice, it will be better if you either communicate it directly to us or to Renie for that matter. There is no point in creating such meaningless threads time and again as they do not serve any purpose.
Amen, please close all the bad threads that are causing concern. You say everything was better before my threads. You have the power. Just close down the fuss once for all. I have no desire to voice bla bla bla anymore.
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
I dont believe I have any special powers, its all your perception. And regarding closing down fuss once and for all, that is precisely what I have requested you to do, either communicate your problems in a clear and concise manner on the forum or it will be much better if you approach Renie directly. I request you to talk to Renie, since the Indipolice has been unable to convince you since times immemorial. There is no point in creating such threads time and again.
It was a request on a future line of action, but it has come to be in the present, that's why it is rightly called "the present". I see no point of clear concise wordings at this present state. The words penned under the power of indipolice, on meek comments, hurt the sentiments of that blogger, and I resent such actions by indipolice to come up on threads causing that person to just call it quits. It can be indimailed, just a small pointer it was. And it is a slaughter of that individual standing, in my eyes.
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

@Rio, which thread and which member are you referring to?

@Renie, I willl indimail the issue asap
Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

I would like to give my 2 cents here. In last few weeks, what I see here is some bloggers (specially the ones who were ACTIVE on this forum) are deeply hurt by IB's perception that whatever they were doing was useless timepass. They didn't add value because they were having ONLY fun. And those wounds were further festered by the way the entire issue was handled. Those bloggers will either take time to forget the entire issue or they will become extremely bitter about the forum and the people who are managing it (not as individuals, but for what they stand for). And until the bitterness is purged, the situation is like a ticking time bomb, bound to go off any time.  That's my observation. I may be wrong.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

its like...if u gag the only ones who are active then who will be left active? ////anyways i've stopped bothering...let them control or do whateva they want...rio stop making threads like this every other day...it hardly serves any purpose ...seriously

🔴URGENTLY NEEDED🔴 (Not 🔴Blood🔴) : 🔵An ELECTRICIAN .... to restore the current between people that do not speak to each other anymore. 🔵An OPTICIAN ... to change the outlook of people. 🔵An ARTIST ... to draw a smile on everyone's face. 🔵A CONSTRUCTION WORKER ... to build peace. 🔵A GARDENER ... to cultivate good thoughts. And last but not least, 🔵A MATHS TEACHER ... for us all to re-learn how to count on each other... .... Good Day 🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼
Gaurang
from delhi,noida
10 years ago

do u need a doctor?InnocentMoney mouthTongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

what are those white boxes??

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

They are iPhone smileys that you can see from iPhones.....not sure about other smartphones though

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Rio, you are just making things difficult. 

I think I lost a bit of respect I had for you, because your responses are making mockery of our efforts to keep things clean. 

I am helpless on that, Hemal. It's your perspective.
Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti Om.
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

I had this thought, the day this thread was started, yesterday and today also. I jotted down an essay on this, but, maybe it was my bad luck or even it may be my good luck, that IB signed me out, and the essay was gone. I'm trying to jot it down again for you guys.

I fail to understand why this thread is here, because as far as I know, you all know each other very well and are connected to each other beyond the domain of Indiblogger. This being said, it is very unfortunate on my part to note that members among whom is a senior member, a few other members some of whom have been assigned to moderate the forum are engaged in such cat fights with each other. It would have been much easier had you guys solved the differences among yourselves instead of bringing the issue out in the open and letting people know how members of IndiBlogger interact with each other and how much they respect each other. This could have been easily done privately by sharing indimails, emails or phonecalls, as one of you have pointed it out above. Creating a full fledged thread to let everyone know the differences in the opinions among members was uncalled for. May be the Thread Starter has a justification for creating a thread like this targeted at other member(s) but, in my own perspective, this is just another thread, among a number of others, we have seen the the last 15 days or so, threads having all sorts of replies and objections to even simple looking humorous replies. As far as my experience with social forums is concerned, I have been quite active on a few other social forums for quite a long time (even for around 5 years on one of the forums), but, haven't ever seen such a verbal spat among the members of the stature, you guys are. I very well understand that every other human is different and so is their understanding of things, and differences in the opinions are completely justified, but, this isn't a way to resolve them. I hope you guys very well understand that all of you are long time members of IndiBlogger and some of you are moderators, but you guys are not behaving the way we expect you to. Being senior members/mods of the forum, you guys are expected/entrusted with the task to keep the forum clean and guide other members on interacting with each other on the forum, to make IndiBlogger a healthy discussion forum, but, I don't know what messege will people get from this thread, and the way you people "respect" each other.

I would like to request the IndiAdmins and management behind IndiBlogger to kindly try and carve out clear cut mechanisms and rules outlining the cirteria to deal with things like thread locking, deleting, warning members, etc, so that one doesn't get a chance to question the legality of the action performed and the member(s) who do this are not required to answer to or offer clarifications for their actions. There are hundreds of things on IndiBlogger and everyone isn't required/expected to comprehend it in the same way. Differences are bound to happen, but, these should be resolved with mutual understanding, and if required, involvement of moderators/forum admins should resolve the things. As far as this thread is concerned, I don't think this is the right way to resolve the differences, as this way, I can't see a resolution happening anytime soon, but increase in the bitterness among members.

Moreover, I fail to understand why shouldn't the members/mods warn people of things that aren't in conjunction with the larger public interest? I'm not a member of IndiPolice, but, whenever I find such things happening on the forum/inditalk, I act on my part to inform people involved in such acts about their actions, report threads/posts, if required. Sometimes people understand and cooperate, at other times, they don't, and due to this, I have been subject to verbal abuses at a few instances, by a few members. But, that doesn't deter the sense of responsibility I have, towards keeping the forum clean for others as well as myself. I understand that light hearted chit chats are bound to happen, but, why do we forget that we have a different and dedicated place for that? Till what extent is it justified to indulge in chit chat on a thread asking for help, or some tips on adsense approval (just an example, nothing to refer to!). Why should we reply just for the sake of replying to, if we do not have anything that may be helpful or constructive? I have seen things going out of bounds as soon as one off topic reply comes up on a thread, with other members joining in, to start a friendly tea time chat, on a serious thread where someone has got a problem.

Lastly, this is my personal opinion, so, please don't target me with a full fledged war thread like this one, because I'm unarmed, so, I don't stand a chance!

You say you are unarmed, and try to throw a stone. What reaction do you want from me. Just say it my friend.
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

I have thrown the only stone I had, so, technically speaking, I'm unarmed now. I just wanted to convey to you guys that (in my opinion) this is not the way members of your statures should react to each other's POV's on such public forums. And if I threw a stone, I threw it at others too, but, as of now, no one except you has got hit with that stone. I just wanted to convey that in my opinion, it isn't justified to bring out your fights on the main forum (even after having a number of other mediums to resolve the differences privately) for everyone else to see how you people interact with each other, what you people think about each other's opinions and how much you people "respect" each other by sharing such great thoughts.

I do not have to say anything else or offer any clarification for my thinking, to anyone on this matter, be it you, IndiPolice or the Admins itself!

Just like you stated your pov, i put forth mine. You dreaded a backlash and said you were unarmed, hence i said that. I respect your way of thinking, and have no issues with that. This thread can be locked or deleted i stated earlier too.
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago
CK, I agree with you and that's why I said earlier that this is going nowhere with the way it's being handled. I just didn't write a long essay about it :P
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Too many things going on... a lot to read and catch up I guess [surprised]

sigh.............

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
10 years ago

This thread is now officially way too long to read!

LockSign in to reply to this thread