Copycat Alert.

Shivam Ratnani
Shivam Ratnani
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey I just went through the featured posts of the #HPAndroid meet and found out some **** almost mirrored my post on his blog.

I mean come on, who copies someone else's experience? He could've written a whole new post in the same amount of effort that he must've taken to edit my article.

I should've paid more attention during Hemal & Animesh's presentation about Preventing Plagiarism that day. What do you guys do to prevent plagiarism of your work? Can it be done at all?

Also, is there any way to report such idiots, or is ignorance bliss?

Thanks for reading. (Longshot)

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Got rid of the name.
Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

There are many copycats..Sadly.

I recently saw a post by a fellow blogger which turned out to be a word to word copy paste of an article on Yahoo. When conforted he claimed teh article was written by his Dead friends 3 years ago...and he is happy that Yahoo published it..(even though it was not attributed to him or his friends and yahoo waited 3 years before publishing ,and surprisingly just days before he remembered his Dead friends and posted it)...Man what length people go to defend themselves..

Well it did not end there, I decided to confort the thief and did a simple copy paste test on his most popular posts--Guess what.. ALL COPIED. I . When conforted he Claimed to not know anything...and then said he will give full explanation....pinged me to ask me to stop posting on his link(stop exposing him)...Also said he will tell me in detail how it happened when he is back home :P..You can guess..The clarification never came....

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Is he still doing that?

Arindam Sarkar
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Name and shame please... :D
Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I hate people copying Ideas.... This has happened with me many a times-specillay contest entriesInnocent

Thankfully Renie Sir has sorted things out for me time and again...Smile

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Surprised *speciallyTongue out 

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Fairy Princess , Arindam Sarkar ...Not sure , if he is still doing it. Did not plan to name and shame yet...Already conforted him publically on his FB post which I beleive was deleted .

...Saddest part was when he pinged me and I almost challenged him..Be a man, accept that you copied ...And he did not..not even in chat...had not guts

Arindam Sarkar
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Some people are just so spineless! I've had my own brushes with plagerists too. One of them ended up losing his AdSense account for mass-scraping. IB should implement some kind of a public timestamp that they automatically append to every IndiVine entry (contest included). Maybe show "Topic name," "Author," "Submitted on ." Should be easy to implement.
Animesh
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Madhur, are you talking of the same incident where we were able to get rid of those posts with the help of our group?

Shivam Ratnani
Shivam Ratnani
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Okay so I'm not the only one frustrated by this..@Animesh, thanks and update on the same?@Nandini, well if someone really does that then he/she is the only person who knows about it. It's impossible to make out whether someone lifted an idea and modifed it enough for it to bear no resemblance.  @Avadhoot, haha I finally got a good reason to conceal my procrastination :P

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

yes its impossible...but i have IP log of that person who spent almost 594 minutes on my site browsing the same contest links in a single day...the resemblance is there cos both are in similar poem format though that person worded the same points differently. i wouldnt have doubted had i not seen weird IP activity on my site...

LockSign in to reply to this thread