Why is adsense not approving my blog ?

Ravindra Joisa
Ravindra Joisa
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I have followed all possible quidelines of Webmasters and Adsense in my website. Each and every article is hand written on my own. My blog is almost 7 months old. Have got all pages like contact, policy, disclaimer, copyright etc. Most of the articles are more than 300 words. Just cannot understand what is wrong. Please check my website and let me know what corrections I need to make. 

My website: howtotechguru[dot]com

Note: When I had applied to adsense I did not have any ads in my blog.

According to Adsense Issues: Site does not comply with Google policies.

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ravi I have already written in another thread your site doesnt meet the navigation criteria.  Put a nice responsive template with lot of navigation menus and you will have a chance to get it approved :)

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

here is the reason 

Siteliner scanned this site and found 39% duplicate content.

and change theme

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

The Duplicate content could be two links showing similar content on the blog... for example, tags... one post can have many tags, and two tag links could show same content (which is read as 100% duplicate content in two pages) and is accounted for basis all page content. 

Ravindra Joisa
Ravindra Joisa
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Vijay..I want to keep my blog simple and clean.. as of now im using customized Montezuma wordpress template. . What template do you guys suggest ? How good is.. 2013 theme.. its a responsive.. I will customize the way I want.. to keep it simple..?? 

Vishal.. Yes.. I saw that duplicate content.. saw few sites where they have used some automated tool to copy my entire content including the images (blind copy - and in the image you will find my site name as well). I have sent them an email warning not to copy my content earlier today.

Note: When I had applied to adsense I did not have any ads.

Ravindra Joisa
Ravindra Joisa
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Also, I saw someone had posted an article in indivine who had the same template as mine -  Montezuma wordpress template. And I saw adsense ads and the theme was not customized... the basic default theme was used. Looks like its something to do with the content.. I have written all articles on my own with whatever knowledge that I have.. There were 2 levels of approval.. I always get the first level approved.. once I place ads in the 2nd level... that's where they rejected mine..Here is what Google had to say when they rejected my application:-- 

Issues:- Site does not comply with Google policies---------------------Further detail:Site does not comply with Google policies: We're unable to approve your AdSense application at this time because your site does not comply with the Google AdSense program policies (link) or adhere to the Webmaster Quality guidelines (link). It's our goal to provide our advertisers sites that offer rich and meaningful content, receive organic traffic, and allow us to serve well-targeted ads to users. We believe that currently your site does not fulfill this criteria.Tips:Here are some recommendations to help you improve the user experience on your site and comply with AdSense criteria:- It’s important for sites displaying Google ads to offer significant value to the user. As a publisher, you must provide unique and relevant content that gives users a reason to visit your site first.- Don’t place ads on auto-generated pages or pages with little to no original content.- Your site should also provide a good user experience through clear navigation and organization. Users should be able to easily click through your pages and find the information they’re seeking.Please refer to the Webmaster Quality guidelines for more help on how to provide a positive experience for your users.As soon as you’ve made the necessary changes, we’ll be happy to take another look at your application.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ravi that person you are mentioning may have got approval in olden days when Adsense was approved for every thing Wink  You can go for 2013 theme just add navigation menu buttons, G+ widget, FB widget and apply again from a new email id 

Harsh Agrawal
Harsh Agrawal
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Ravindra

Your site looks good but as Vijay suggested, you can have a cleaner theme...Even you have a nice theme right now, navigation is not so user-friendly....

More over, so many ads make it look clutter at this time.

I would suggest you to cleanup ads when you are aplying, use a simple navigation menu (About, contact page should be at top navigation)use Domain Email address to apply, and keep your fingers crossed......  

Ravindra Joisa
Ravindra Joisa
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks all.. yes.. i remove all ads when I apply. As of now im just trying with diff ad groups.. but if you look into the above reply that I got from Adsense.. it looks like something to do with the content... 

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ravi their reply is always the same for the blogs which are approved in first round.  Dont read too much into it.  If you have got content which I think you do, just add a nice responsive theme, add social sharing widgets, subscribe now, labels  and apply from a different gmail id (new one).  You can later change the gmail id to you current one without any problem once you get approved.  

Ravindra Joisa
Ravindra Joisa
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks for the update.

Ravindra Joisa
Ravindra Joisa
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I have done all of the above.. waiting for the approval for the past 1 week.. lets c

LockSign in to reply to this thread