Why Not Start Using Unique Ideas For Your Home?

Fashion@Home
Fashion@Home
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You can do this by simply re-arranging a few things in your house and tadaaa! you have a fancy house without spending a single rupee, here we go:

1:  Try Reversible Pillows :Double-sided pillows are a quick and easy change. "You have your summer pattern, then flip them to the other side, to velvet — something richer — for winter.

2: Sew Handkerchief-Style Curtains : Hang pre-hemmed shawls, tablecloths, or even pillowcases on hooks from one corner of the window. Or recycle old curtains: Simply measure and cut them into squares, adding buttonholes in the corners. 

3: Paint Horizontal Stripes: Stripes have an amazing power to instantly transform a room.Tip: To keep the room from feeling too severe, loosen up the geometric lines with softer accessories. The curvy spots on the furry stools and rug add balance.

4:Paint Framework Of Your Windows Black: Pooja Thakur  applied a coat of black paint to the window mullions and door and chair frames."Black gives the room a backbone, and it acts as a frame to the view," she says.

5:Frame Artwork Identically: Using matching frames is a clever way to bring together different types of artwork.

6:Give Slipcovers a Shot:  Slipcovers are a simple way to update traditional furniture. "Even though the ikat polka dot is totally graphic, it gives your eyes a break from the Windsor-ness of the spindles and lines," explains designer Lindsay Reid

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Formatting
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Paint Horizontal Stripes

Which paints to use? Also, won't the paint spread on certain materials? Which materials are paint-safe?

Fashion@Home
Fashion@Home
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You can use any paint that you like, it may be a bottle green for a refreshing room or it may be something that truly imparts your personality.  I understand the trouble of painting, what least you can do is covering everything with a plastic before you go ahead with your DIY Paint, you can use duct tapes to cover the corners. As I see that you seem interested in Home Decor, why dont you follow @Fashion_at_home, we give out some remarkable tips everyday. :D https://twitter.com/Fashion_At_Home It might help you in some ways. :)

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Hey,

By which paints, I meant the brand. Also, which type of cloths do not spread paints? I tried oil paint once on plain Chiffon kurta and it was ruined. I don't want to ruin another garmet or fabric of mine.

Fashion@Home
Fashion@Home
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi Nandini! I can understand the trouble of this but as we all have heard about the famous phrase "No Pains, No Gain". A little bit of pain would worth your gain.  With a few DIY Home Improvement tips, you can makeover your home extensively.  Thank you :)

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago
i;m not a very handi-crafts/ DIY person :/
Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

IPs, one question. If a member asks a question and the thread creator directs that person to his/her blog or pages, doesn't it fall under SSP? Innocent

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Though, I'm not an IP, but, would put forth my opinion. Till the time the link shared is relevant to the discussion going on, and that too is helpful for all interested parties, and none of the parties have an objection to such kind of link sharing, it shouldn't be considered SSP. That's just my view. Smile

There's however one catch. If such kind on link sharing is allowed, it would become an excuse for people to share links under the excuse of helpful link sharing.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

CK, if I start a thread for discussing ideas and then when somebody asks a question related to that, is it ethical to direct that person to my blog/pages? Or should I not rather discuss it on the thread itself, because that's the sole purpose of the thread? Innocent

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

I think if there is something that you can share without others having an objection on that, it's okay. I am someone who doesn't like that stuff - shameless link sharing, but, I absolutely have no problem, if that sharing is in the terms of helpful response and is justified by the discussion. Like for example, if there is some discussion going on regarding implementing JQuery/CSS based animated header on the blog, or a JQuery/CSS based menu in the blog, I may direct someone to my blog because I have implemented those things in my blog (though, not with complete success, because it still doesn't work on IE Tongue out), and completely understand the number of problems I faced in correctly implementing these features. So, I expect that to be helpful/inspirational for someone looking to implement such a thing. I won't consider this as SSP.

The issue is that there's a very thin line between that helpful gesture and that shameless gesture, and not everyone understands it.Undecided

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

CK, giving links to show an example is another thing and asking the member to read your entire post to know the answer to his/her question is another thing. I hope you get what I am trying to say here.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Anyway, never mind.

Fashion@Home
Fashion@Home
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I need to understand what is SSP for that and If you feel like visiting my blog then only do it. :) I just did that for your help. I provide home decor advice so if you are seeking any tips, you can ask me that. I am sorry but I dont know much about cloth fabrics. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago
Fashion@Home
Fashion@Home
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi Nandini!

That is perfectly fine. :) 

Fashion@Home
Fashion@Home
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Oh boy! Thats what you all guys have been talking. PLease! Dont take my twitter sharing as a part of Shameless Self Promotion and if any body around it felt it that way, My apologies for it. It was purely unintentional. I am new to this and I am not aware of most of the things. The only justification I have for this is that I thought If I would share that it would give you guys a better understanding on home decor.  

By The Way! Thanks Nandini for enlightning me on this. 

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

It's ok. Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

hmmmmSmile

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

I wish there was downloadable home-interior-templates like windows/android themes for lazy guys like me [shy grin]

LockSign in to reply to this thread