Editing contest posts

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I am not sure if this happens to everyone or only me. Even though I check and re-check my posts before publishing, the mistakes glare at me only after a day a two when I am just browsing through my blog. Often I edit them without giving much thought, but when it comes to contest posts I am not sure anymore. One of the fellow blogger informed me that the contest posts that have been edited will be disqualified. Can somebody please enlighten me regarding this issue. Will adding a forgotten link, or correcting few spelling and grammar mistakes disqualify a post from contest? 

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
I think only major edits disqualify a post from winning. Minor edits may be permissible. Still, let me tag Renie so that he can give a more concrete answer.
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thank you DS

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

That's right!

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

So we can do a bit of grammar and spelling corrections after submitting posts to contests? How about adding backlinks to the post?

TechChumz
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Farida, @Indibloggers, I called up the Indiblogger team long backand they have said spelling and minor corrections are allowed as long as you don't change the inherent content. I personally do make changes to do with 1)spelling mistakes  2)punctuation mistakes.

Also, though I've not had this issue, I think if we've forgotten to add the contest link by mistake, we shd be allowed insert only the hyperlink as long as we don't change existing content or add new content while doing so.

If it is adding other links to enhance the content after due date, or adding the compulsory content link in the form of new creative content, like say a poem praising the product in which the link is inserted, I don't think this should be done after due date.

What do the other bloggers say?

Seeta Bodke
Seeta Bodke
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I think Renie will have to answer that again but that brings me to another question..

What about URL changes? For one contest (results of which are yet to be declared) I ran into issues with my wordpress blog and had to make a shift to blogspot. The URL I had shared was of wordpress but now the post resides in blogspot. I raised a ticket for this but am yet to hear from the support team. 

TechChumz
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I think as long as Indivine shows a valid link before the due date and there are no major changes in the content, it should be OK, since you have not got a resolution to your ticket, send an SMS to one of the guys whose numbers are posted in contacts section and mention your ticket number. Even I find wordpress unwieldy. Move fast as the results have not yet been declared.

Seeta Bodke
Seeta Bodke
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Rakhee.. finally support responded, they say of the judges saw it before the URL changed then everything is fine, if not then they cannot do anything about it now.. tough luck i guess :|

TechChumz
from Bangalore
10 years ago

too bad, use blogger.com , wordpress works very well for experts is what Renie or Anoop told me once, I forget who.

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thank you Rakhee for giving out all the information. I think it is good not to edit the posts after the day for submission is over. We can understand that. I wonder how will the Inditeam know how much of the post been edited after submission. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

they take screen shots ...so they'll know exactly wats been edited

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

That explains a lot Nandini... Thank you

LockSign in to reply to this thread