Suggestions for IndiVine

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
10 years ago

IndiVine allows bloggers to create links to their blogs and get some link juice and/or visitors. But since the number of links from IndiBlogger are too high, it may be a matter of time Google recognizes this network providing free links and link juice to participating blogs. No matter how genuine the intentions are, if we fall into the Google penalties, a recovery will be very difficult.

I would like to discuss a few things with the fellow bloggers:

1. What is your opinion about making all the IndiVine links "no follow"? The differences between "do follow" and "no follow" links are fading and the latter just tells Google that "our intention is NOT to pass link juice but it is up to you if you want to consider some juice in this link".  Isn't it safer to make all the links no-follow?

2. How about having an ability to delete IndiVine submissions later by the author, in case he finds his blog is penalized by Google for building excessive links?

3. What about automatically hiding the links in IndiVine after X number of days?

4. How about limiting the number of submissions to IndiVine to just a few per month?

5. How about adding a detailed description along with the link when submitting to IndiVine? That will add content to IndiVine instead of just making it a link directory.

These are my thoughts about the current system here. Please share your thoughts as well.

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Hello Tony, I read through your post and it seems quite obvious for anyone to think that way. I won't comment on whether dofollow or nofollow attributes should be changed or not, because I do not have a lot of knowledge about that stuff relative to google's search algorithms. Maybe someone of the likes of Ranjith, or Vijay would be happy to answer these questions in detail. As far as I understand this, indivine posts link to specific url of your blog post and not to your blog's url directly, so that shouldn't cause any harm.

I think, we drastically need ability to delete stuff (atleast the stuff we post on the forum).

Limiting number of submissions to indivine? I don't think that would be a step in the right direction. Indivine is the only viable alternative that we could use to promote our blogs, and if we are to limit that, it would cause widespread discontment among the masses. There are people who already think limiting the number of posts to 3 everyday isn't enough. It's as simple as if one thinks that posting his/her content on indivine has the potential to get his/her blog penalized by google, one can choose not to do so. There isn't any other place that I can think of where your blog's link is being shared, except one link on your profile page, one link on blog review request, if you have made so, and the remaining in indivine posts, beyond some enthusiastic people doing so in forum posts and inditalk as well.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
10 years ago

One of the reasons why I deleted the old account and created a new one. Though the forum posts of the old account was removed, but indivine submitted via the old account of mine is still at indivine. I wish there was a way to purge all that, and/or have an option to allow the end-user to pull it down on their own. I prefer Option #1 over the others. Solves the problem easily.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

1. No! I like the link juice passed by IB. And backlinks are one of the reasons why bloggers post on IndiVine, so if they are made no follow, IndiVine's activity may reduce and I'm sure the IB Team don't want this to happen. Instead few links can be made no follow - like links on IndiVine posts lists pages ( the links on the actual IndiVine entry page can be kept do follow ) 

2. Nice suggestion! Smile

5. I'm sure no one would like to do it! Sealed

If you want to delete your IndiVine submissions, you can contact the IndiTeam. I'm sure that they will do it ( as long as you don't request a deletion once every few days. Foot in mouth )

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
10 years ago

If someone is looking for the link juice from the IndiVine posts but don't want to take the pain of adding some custom description to each post, they are probably not going to get what they want. Google is smart enough to detect IndiVine is a juice factory, even if it does not penalise the sites for using it. Excessive link building is unacceptable to Google unless it is editorially placed and is from contextually relevant content. In this context, adding a custom description can definitely give some value to the links.

Blogs will get the real link juice only if the posts are limited. Too many links will dilute the value a lot. That is why I put another suggestion to reduce the number of links significantly for everyone so that everyone will get equally benefited from it.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I would go with RanjithSmile  I would rather leave it to bloggers to use their discretion to posting on Indi rather than Indi deciding anything about it.  If they want more juice they post more.  The top Indirankers seldom make any posts on indivine for the same reason Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

... And bloggers with personal / creative writing blogs need not bother about being penalised by Google as they don't get any search traffic in the first place. Wink

But I still wish that some changes be done regarding these links! Undecided

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
10 years ago

So, how about a checkbox that says "Make it no-follow" while submitting to IndiVine?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Nice suggestion! Laughing

I request some IndiPolice to tag Renie. Laughing

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Yeah I am partially agreed with Tony, too much backlinks from a single url aint good...but the fact is most of the people using Indi vine dont bother about dofollow-nofollow or penalization stuff...so itz better to offer an option rather than discontinution
Shantanu Banerjee
Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I would Rather have real Bloggers who read my post (through IndiBlogger) than wait for google to promote me in their search rankings as I have no definite niche in one blog and the other one is pure photography. I like people or fellow blogger coming from indivine to my blog, reading my content and commenting on them, I am sure some people in this platform (if not many) know me by my name and know about my blogs too. but again this is for a blogger like me who has no chance whatsoever to improve his page rankings in search engines. 

I agree with Tony about the no-follow or do-follow thing,  but I think Indivine is awesome and there shouldn't b any change in it that affects the readership of any post on it. Laughing

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
10 years ago

Optional "no-follow" attribute and the ability to delete to the IndiVine posts will no way affect the readership from IndiVine.

I think everyone will agree on the following:

1. Add ability to delete posts from IndiVine (most important)

2. Give an option to add a custom description to each IndiVine post (important)

3. Allow the blogger to choose "no-follow" attribute while submitting to IndiVine (nice to have)

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I wonder if the admins can delete my indivine submissions from my old deleted account.

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
10 years ago

If you get it done, please let us know. I too want to get all my current IndiVine posts deleted..

LockSign in to reply to this thread