Query related to contest entries

Kapil Chauhan
Kapil Chauhan
from Ghaziabad
10 years ago

If I change name of characters in my contest entries (after they have been submitted), would it in any way affect/harm/invalidate my submission.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

One or two minor edits like spellings, grammar are allowed but major edits are not allowed. Now, it is upto you to decide if changing the characters names are minor or major edits. :|

I suggest you not to do it.

If you want, you can ask the question here http://www.indiblogger.in/contact/ or tweet to @indiblogger but it's unlikely that you will receive a reply. Even if you receive, it might take a long time as this question is not so important and there are no definite rules which help decide whether a change should make an entry invalid or not.

Kapil Chauhan
Kapil Chauhan
from Ghaziabad
10 years ago

Thanks Ranjith.

When we submit our entries, do they just save the link or copy of the post. Because if they save a copy of my entry, then none of the changes I made on my blog should affect my entry. Do you know anything about the process?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

They just save the link which you submit and not a copy of your post. 

According to the rules, you cannot edit your entry after the close of the contest. ( You are free to edit it after submitting and before the contest closing date ) They take screenshots of all the entries just after the close of the contest. The winners posts are first checked to ensure that no edits have been made by comparing them with the screenshots. If any edits are made, the name is removed from the winners list or they get a lower prize.

As far as I know, the judges will be evaluating your entries by visiting your blog and not by reading them in the ascreenshots. So, if you edit your entry before the judges visit your blog, then the changes will be visible to them.

Kapil Chauhan
Kapil Chauhan
from Ghaziabad
10 years ago

Thanks a lot Ranjith for making this clear.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

Shantanu Banerjee
Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith: what about changing a picture from the entry or removing it? does it come in major changes, as the entry is totally a writing oriented, will it matter if I change the picture of the post?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Shantanu I dont think it is wise to add/alter images after subbmitting the post.  Other then minor grammatical changes as Ranjith has suggested above, no changes should be made without approval of IndiTeam

LockSign in to reply to this thread