Comment Box not working - Help!

One of my blog "Pondywiki" has a custom template which worked fine until I edited it. But now, comment box is not seen or working.

I have checked the codes, enabled "embedded" in my comments settings and also enabled it in my Layout ...still, nothing works...Any one to help ?

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: made it simple
Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending

Why hasn't anyone replied me yet? Is my question too vague or too confusing Frown ?

I think all the experts are asleep Frown

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

NSV Yes Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Uma you have enabled Facebook comments on PW so what is the problem Innocent

Uma Maheswari Anandane
from Karaikal
10 years ago

I did that yesterday as a temporary solution. But I don't want to populate my FB feeds with comments and so will get it removed when I find the blogger comment issue resolves  Smile

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Problem Solved? I can now see comments on your blog. AV's trick worked? 

Uma Maheswari Anandane
from Karaikal
10 years ago

Nope ! sadly it did not work

Uma Maheswari Anandane
from Karaikal
10 years ago

Ranjit, which blog you are taking about? . I have this problem only in my Pondy blog. And I tried AV's suggestion of uploading new template ( as well as reverting back to blogger simple template)...but comment box is not seen anywhere

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I am able to see the comments and the comments box on your pondy blog:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Ff0cZgAfPUw/UpSHxBK5czI/AAAAAAAADIM/HJadt3DwSnE/s512/pondi.png

Uma Maheswari Anandane
from Karaikal
10 years ago

Ranjit, they are my old comments ...and my blog posts other than the commented (already/existing ones) don't have a comment box at all. How is this possible that few posts have and others don't have at all. That's my question (comment box not seen)

Uma Maheswari Anandane
from Karaikal
10 years ago

And sorry ranjit, I only can't see comment box in my new posts (after I edited the HTML) and I DO see the box in my other posts (before edits) with & without comment box. Yes, you were right Ranjit (and thanks for it :) ).

But, still the recent posts don't have comments...I think I messed up somewhere...dont know where yet ..finding it.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Just double check the following things

1. Settings > Posts and Comments > Comments > Comment Location set to Embedded

2. For each of the recent posts Settings > Post Settings > Reader's comments set to 'Allow'

If the above two settings are correct and still your comments don't show up, you can send me your template code. I will try to see if I can find the error. 

Ranjit! you are clever Smile

Yes, point two " 2. For each of the recent posts Settings > Post Settings > Reader's comments set to 'Allow'" has solved the problem. 

Now, PW blog is working fine :)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread