Women aren't free. Why?

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
10 years ago

Point number 1) Women aren't free/ They live in a male dominated society.

Ponit number 2) They are not free because their loved ones do not let them free (Like  their  father, mother, husband, relatives, and friends).

Point number 3) Since the loved ones willnot take the blame onto themselves and the women do not blame their loved ones, the blame is put on the society.

Point number 4) It is true there have been some incidents happened. But our society has not become that much bad.  We can use it upto the limit it is safe. Yet women are not using it upto the safety limit. The loved onces tell them not to go out of home alone and they sit inside their homes cursing the society.

Point number 5) The situation is same in all parts of the world though in varying degrees. Men do dominate women. But the only women whom they can dominate are their wives, doughter, relatives and friends). If a man tries to dominate an unknown woman, it wouldn't benefit him in any good way.

Point number 6) So we all please leave out the society for the lack of freedom for women. It doesn't play much part.

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
10 years ago

If you are a free woman, the post doesn't matter to you.

If every woman in India is free, the post doesn't matter to any of our country women.

The same is the case with the world. Smile

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Yes, this is good. First you generalize things, then when if someone points it out, you say that you are an exception.

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
10 years ago

I do not say Nandini is an exception. I do not even try to prove women are supressed. I only try to prove that incase women are supressed, its because of their loved ones.

Moreover I've heard this thing (ie women aren't free) more from feminists and activists.

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Ok, so you didn't say that women are not free, and anyone who is, is an exception? So lets discuss your definition of "Being Free". What do you mean by being free? I'm not sure whether you're a woman or a man, as I haven't bothered to check that from your blog, but I'm pretty sure that I'm ready for this discussion.

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
10 years ago

"Being free" means "having the chance to do whatever a person wants without disturbing others". I think you haven't yet got the idea of the topic. Don't worry about my gender since that doesn't matter the discussion.

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
10 years ago
Sorry guys but I don't agree here. Lets say for point no 4. Women are told not to go out alone. What if they do go out with someone? What does the society has to say to that? Wo ladki uske sath thi n iske sath thi. If she is with a guy, she becomes his girlfriend, if she is with girl, "Kya zarurat hai do ladkiyon ko akele nikalne ki"? Again they are considered alone. Sorry to differ but people like me and you make the society. There may be some who encourage women and their freedom but majority is the kind I mentioned above.
Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
10 years ago

The only point here to consider is that they who say these things do not really prohibit you from doing anything. They just say it. You don't have to listen to them. By pleasing everyone, you can't leave with freedom. 

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
10 years ago

"Live with freedom" I mean.

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

I agree with the thread creator here. Majority of the females are still suppressed. True, the scene is changing now...but it's little too slow, too late. This is my opinion... Cool

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i dont agreeCool... if someone surpresses you can always ask them to shut up . Wink if women wants they can do anything and even whack those so-called suppressors.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

ND, my point is...most of the times, those women are suppressed since birth by their friends, family and relatives in the name of the society. It's like, if a tiger is born inside the bars (zoo) and if he lives most of his life in zoo, how will he think about roaming free in jungle? He wouldn't even dare to dream about being outside of the zoo. The same case is of females. I hope I am making sense here.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i love gulabi gang....they whack people around

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
10 years ago

Agree to Fairy PrincessSmile

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

phew... really a tiring read. but someof the things said by VJ makes sense...

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

not necessairly to the female population in general but to a section of the society for sure...

even in a metro like mumbai, i know a few people who'd fal under each catogery.  

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
10 years ago

For every woman to whom their father, husband and relatives and freedom providing, they can live in freedom. They can go outside home. Even where the society is so strict. Because the strict society only speaks. It doesn't act. It can't stop a woman on her way.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Somewhat relevant video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SDYFqQZEdRA

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
10 years ago

Saw the video. In that video, the society doesn't intrude in women's freedom. Men sometimes stare at women. But that is not a sufficient reason to keep them inside homes.

You may say it is bad to stare a woman. I agree. But women also stare at men. It happens in every society.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
10 years ago

arey where did I say or imply in any way that they should keep them inside homes???

Vysakh Jayakrishnan
from Thrissur
10 years ago

You didn't say that. But the video seems to be criticising the society. That's why.

LockSign in to reply to this thread