Question on Backlinks

I recently posted an article on My Faking News which is a website which allows users to generate content.

They will also allow users to have their blog links in the User Signature or his Bio which is displayed at the end of the post.

Now my question is, is it considered a backlink?

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending
Tarun Singh
Tarun Singh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Yup Faking news is an interesting site.Being a product from Channel 18,it's a good website

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago
It is a backink. All links are backlinks as long as they are not inserted into the age with scripts and are visible to search engines. To check if a link is a backlink, open your browser in incognito mode and view the page source. If you find the link and is not a part of JavaScript, then it is a backlink. If you want to do more checks, fetch the page as google bot and check for the presence of the link. Ignore all the devious blah blah. :p Practically, almost all links are back links. B-)
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

InnocentInnocentInnocentInnocentUndecidedUndecidedUndecidedUndecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

InnocentUndecided

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

What did he sayCryInnocent

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

its Ranjitpedia language unknown to all expect to the people living on Krypton Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Cool

Give me chocolates. I will explain it in detail with pictures. Innocent

Why would your answers always have to be so technical Frown

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

NSV I gave a non technical answer at the end Cool

Practically, almost all links are back links. B-)

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

NSV he always does that for chocolates Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Why is no one asking me to explain what I said? Undecided

No one wants to give me chocolates? :((

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You ask for chikki instead Undecided

I think everyone is content with your Non-Tech Answer Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Vijay I want silk Undecided

NSV Undecided

u want silk? Surprised what kind of request/desire/fetish is that?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Cadbury Dairy Milk Silk Innocent

I didnt know such a product existed. I'm sorry Frown

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It's ok Wink :P

Once ND asked if I meant silk worms. :|

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ranjith you always say SILK which can be interpreted into different silks kindly specify your requirements in futureCool

Yes...at least for the ill-informed souls like me Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Vijay :((

NSV Undecided

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

haha. Ranjith I really like how you explain technical things so seriously and then add your personal touch in the end.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Cool

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

NSV FN has a PR of 5 so you will benefit from the backlink in next PR update

It is not FN. It is FN 2.0 which is My Faking News. I dont know the PR of either of them anyway

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

MFN has 4/10 NSV Cool

Tarun Singh
Tarun Singh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

NSV Tell me your article's name there ? Let me see your hand in satire.

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

wow... NSV awesome.

There is nothing awesome in it frankly. Anyone can post on the site. They are not moderating it or judging it or anything Smile

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

really...

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

link de do... 

http://my.fakingnews.firstpost.com/

It is like WordPress posting. You need to create an ID and add a post. Fill in your profile giving the link of your blog

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

thanks

Niladri Chatterjee
Niladri Chatterjee
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Sounds Interesting!  Money mouth

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
10 years ago

My suggestion would be to focus on generating links naturally, by writing useful, interesting or unique content. All these user-generated links will come under google algorithm scanner at one point or another. Why waste time? 

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

My view is that the backlinks dont really matter in the GPR now.  I have backlinks from PR8 and above sites but it doesnt seemed to have pepped up my own GPR. The whole juice passing stuff seems to be a non thing right now.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Vijay That was PR 3 and not PR 8  Innocent

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ranjith I have back links from Android headlines, Android Police, Techcrunch etc. a lot of them actuallyTongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

But I don't think any of those pages are PR8 ( I'm not talking about the blog's PR Tongue out )

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

android police?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

website name nd Innocent

Ya. Even after getting 3 juice passing links in the last month, I dont have a PR yet

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

3 is nothing Money mouth

By the way, you have more than 3. Every time you post something on IndiVine, your backlinks count increases by 3-4. Cool

How many it will take to get a PR?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It depends. Innocent

If the backlinks ( do follow ) are from high PR pages ( Note : the PR of the page from which you have the backlink matters and not the PR of the site ), then less links will also be sufficient. 

Ex: If a page has PR 5 and there are 20 links on that page ( one of the link being yours ) then PR of your page will increase by 5/20 = 0.25 ( Approximate calculations. Only Google knows the actual procedure to calculate pr )

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ranjith Tongue out

Is page rank different for different pages in a website? For eg: If I have an article posted on Hindu with a link to my blog, then my blog's PR will be calculated WRT Hindu's PR or the new PR of my article on Hindu?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes, each page on your blog has a different website. When people say PR of a website it is the PR of the home page.

For eg: If I have an article posted on Hindu with a link to my blog, then my blog's PR will be calculated WRT Hindu's PR or the new PR of my article on Hindu?

If you have a link to www.myblog.com/aaa.html on www.thehindu.com/bbb.html, then pr of .../aaa will depend on PR of ../bbb Cool

Then what's the point? Innocent

Or is it just that since by article was posted on a page having a higher PR, would allow my article to be read by more which increases the PR of the site and thereby increases my blog's PR?

Is this a correct understanding?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The PR you check online is different from the PR on google servers. The toolbar PR is updated once every few months but the PR on Google's servers is continuously updated.

So, even though /bbb shows PR 0 , the actual PR on google's servers may be different. Or it may be something between 0 and 1  and so the PR you see may be rounded to zero.

would allow my article to be read by more which increases the PR of the site and thereby increases my blog's PR?

PR is not dependent on readers count. 

The thing is that even though the pr you see for /aaa is 0, it might be between 0 and 1. And /aaa has a link to your home page, so PR of your home page will also increase. The PR juice keeps flowing this way.

SERPs depend on many factors, PR is just one of over 300 ranking factors. The hindu is a reputable site, so a link from the hindu will have more effect on serps than a link from , say, my blog even though both of them may have the same effect on /aaa. 

Mayura Rao
Mayura Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi

i have heard that backlinking can get your blog deleted but i have 2 wordpress free blogs and have mentioned about each blog on the other and vice versa can you please tell me as to when does it really harm, what kind of backlinking is not good for my free wordpress blog, i am technically an illeterate so please tell me in layman's terms

LockSign in to reply to this thread