Indiblog account in case of a new domain

Deepa Dutta Chaudhuri
Deepa Dutta Chaudhuri
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi,Good Morning!! My blog, Wheels On Our Feet, is currently in wordpress and goes -- wheelsonourfeet.wordpress.com. I will soon migrate to my own domain, i.e., wheelsonourfeet.com. Just wanted to know if i have to make a new account in indiblogger. Don't want to do that as it is the same blog and hence, makes no sense.Grateful for your advice. Thanks!!Deepa.

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Deepa,

There are many threads on IndiBlogger where actions for migration to a paid domain has been discussed. You can search the forum.

It is important for you to change your blog URL to your custom domain since IndiBlogger gets you a lot of link juice even though both URLs would land up on the same blog. Another thing that you should note is that Google may decide to penalize your site if it found two domains pointing to one blog hosting exact same content. 

Help in migrating to custom Domain...!

[Help] Custom switch: From .blogspot to .com

Which is better? .in or .com ?

The complexities of long term commitment: Moving to a private domain

Gifted my personal bLoG a domain name in her 6th B'day :-)

Deepa Dutta Chaudhuri
Deepa Dutta Chaudhuri
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi Indianomics,Thanks much!!! Am migrating today and the darned thing has taken my happiness. Once i have checked it, i will  redirect every blog from wordpress. No question of maintaining 2 blogs with the same name whether Google penalises or not. Managing one is more than enough!!

Tech was never my friend. And today, it's driven me upto the edge -- 217 blogs in 9 months, am praying for all of them :-(

LockSign in to reply to this thread