HELP, ADVICE, SUGGESTIONS AND INSIGHTS WANTED

Vinita
Vinita
from Bhopal
10 years ago

So now my blog experiment is over and the time has come to look at what I learnt.

If anyone has any advice or tips to share, please do.

How about your own experiences of how blogging helped you professionally- any contracts. contacts, growth.

Or the null hypothesis. It did nothing except exhaust you? Burn you out?

Please do share your own experiences and I wil build your blog and comments into my paper

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Vinita
Vinita
from Bhopal
10 years ago

Thanks for this. Ten thousand visitors per month. Wow! I was happy with my one thousand one hundred in two months!

My paper is for a research conference on the use of social media for professional development. It will be addressed to teachers of English

and I decided to explore the potential of blogging.

I started a blog for two months- with no knowledge at all- just so I could get a preliminary sens of it.

Now I am trying to look at the stats and see a pattern

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
10 years ago

All right.

In the world of blogging, 10k visitors per month is a very miniscule number, ideally it should be per day. And there are other factors to it, impressions, page views, unique visitors etc.

Let me warn you though, you can look at 'n' number of stats, but you will never be able to formulate any pattern in blogging. There are just too many variables to consider and the vast number of blogs that are booming each day, you'll have a rough time figuring out any metric that would solve any numerical query regards blogging.

But in case its not about numbers and more of a value based study, then blogging for sure is a major point of contention for professional development through the use of social media since common people, advertisers, publishers, marketers, affiliates, business professionals and sundry do connect majorly through blogs. And they work on a supply-demand model, since the number of readers are increasing by the minute, so are the number of writers and their respective blogs.

As I can see to my right on Inditalk, you are looking for an answer to whether teaching can be done via blogs. I don't have an answer to that, but you can check out udemy.com where you can promote your courses and then earn from them too if someone purchases them. Mine is a technology blog. Though I am not an accomplished teacher, yet I am quite apt at resolving technical queries.

Vinita
Vinita
from Bhopal
10 years ago

Thanks. That is very helpfu. Especially the udemy.com suggestion plus your general 

perspective on why blogs and blog readers/writers are growing.

Last question. Any super successful blogs in the Indian context? Those that have pulled in readers and advertisers?

Thanks and God bless

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
10 years ago

You are welcome.

I myself did not have an answer to your question, but a quick google search brought up this site http://www.blogmetrics.org/india which lists top 75 blogs in India.

Though I don't have any vested interests in your research, if possible, do share your paper across once you are done with it since I am trying to get a few sponsors and advertisers for my blog as well. Your paper might not help me directly but it sure would help gaining an insight into the blogging so-called-industry as a whole.

Moreover, keep pouring in your ideas and thoughts here as well. Communication is the best source of information. And I would love to read and know your ideas on the topic of professional development through blogging as well. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread