Books from blogsphere

Santhosh P
Santhosh P
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Anybody attempted compiling the best from Indian blogsphere and publish them as books? I think this is a good idea to make blogs reach more readers plus make it as part of mainstream literature. It need not be a generic compilation of posts, it could be based on subjects , for example "100 best travelogues from Indian blogsphere", "Best short stories from desi blogs" etc.

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Ravi Lobo
Ravi Lobo
from Wisconsin
14 years ago

This is a nice idea.

Sonya Gee
Sonya Gee
from New Delhi
14 years ago
leon
leon
from kolkata
14 years ago

any good publisher that would accept the writing ?

Parv Kaushik
from Lucknow, Noida
14 years ago

i think indian publishing is fast changing and i wont be suprised if thy turn a blog into a book!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I agree with you Parv, this can happen.

@Santosh, brilliant idea. Why dont we speak to Renie about it and publish a blogger's Book with tips from the Forum.

well, I am a gujju and will always come up with ways of earning money :P lol

Santhosh P
Santhosh P
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I think the biggest challenge is to shortlist the articles for the book than finding the publishers. The selection process could be a two step process, one -seek people from the blogsphere to vote for entries(may be we can use some of the features of indiblogger for this). Secondly a panel of experts can narrow down to the entries that should go into the book.

Sonya Gee
Sonya Gee
from New Delhi
14 years ago

I agree with Santhosh.

Sheba
Sheba
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I do remember an initiative of this sort for Indian blogs also. It was sometime back and can't recall the details exactly.

aativas
aativas
from Delhi
14 years ago

Good idea.. Like stories from multiple authors are published, a book consisting posts from multiple authors would be interesting. 

Ritesh P
Ritesh P
from Bangalore
14 years ago

www.riteshp.blogspot.com CoolCool

Santhosh P
Santhosh P
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I think Indiblogger is a good community who can make this happen, ie shortlisting entries, classifying them and then with the help of a reputed publishing house publish the books.

Ritesh P
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi Santhosh,

Why can't we create a healthy community to share books, e-books among us using blogs?

That way, we can really get access to a good collection of books, instead of going to the second hand market and finding them.

I have posted some books here, at www.riteshp.blogspot.com LaughingLaughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread