How to Decide Which Link to Do-Follow or No-Follow ?

Tarun Singh
Tarun Singh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

As a blogger,I have to link to many sites whether it is for contest,advertiser,affiliate site etc. I want to know How to Decide Which Link to Do-Follow and which to No-Follow ?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

If the link points to some reference website, article, news source  etc use do follow.

For ads and affiliate links, use no follow.

Tarun Singh
Tarun Singh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks for clarification,Ranjith :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

How do we make a link Do-Follow or No-Follow?

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

According to what CK taught me, normally the link is Do-Follow link by default.....you can turn it into a No-Follow by selecting the box to do so in the Blogger post while adding it. (When you add the link, the option to select No-Follow link appears automatically). CK, correct me if I am wrong! Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago
Aap sahi hai :p
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

As a rule all links used in the blog are do follow unless you specifically make them no follow and all the links in the comments are no follow unless you specifically make them do follow using intensedebate or commentluv.  AV has given a snap of how to make blog links somewhere on the threads

Tarun Singh
Tarun Singh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

What should I do to sponsor links of contests held on Indiblogger ?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You can make it either do follow or no follow. IB has no problem with it.

-

Generally speaking, you can make it no follow or do follow, there are arguments for both.

Do follow - You wrote a post endorsing a product. No follow = endorsement of that site. 

No follow - You wrote the post as you might win the prizes. So, it is something similar to paid advertisements which should be no follow. 

-

Toss a coin. If you get head, make it do follow, else make it no follow. Simpler way, keep the default do follow. Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Aila I was going to suggest the same thing Ranjith the coin tossTongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Cool

LockSign in to reply to this thread