The Hope Project contest: Help someone to win!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

New IndiChange contest from Milaap.org - with a different format! Questions anyone?

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=99

Looks like Vijay's crystal ball was right. Perhaps he can make some money during FIFA since Paul the Octopus is no more. Laughing

1-20
21-40 41-52
Replies 1 to 20 of 52 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I repaired Vijay's crystal ball. B-)

Winners will be chosen by Milaap.org, based on the funds generated.

So content doesn't matter? Innocent

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Watson see logic is always right and there will be another one announced in seconds Cool

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

The content needs to drive contributions - so it does matter, but it won't play a role in the judging process unless there is a tie of some sort!

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

@Vijay, how did you know that there was another one coming immediately after?! Ok, let's test this crystal ball of yours (can we name it?) - when's the next contest coming up? Smile

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Renie saw you asking the question on Indichat the same time I was replying here Tongue out Quick thinking and quick fingers Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Renie ok... If there is a tie, give Macbook Air's to all of them! Money mouth

Vijay I thought you were tapping phone lines of IndiBlogger Innocent

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ranjith shssh thats top secret Yell

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

:P

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Wow! Thanks Renie! Innovative concept!

A query - Can we write about more than one profile?

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Oh yes, as many as you want to!

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Thanks!  Smile

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

So this time it is more like a race to become the best fund-raiser... this can be quite a task!

Pratibha
Pratibha
from Pune
10 years ago

But why a contest? Why can I not just raise the money? Why is it mandatory that I write?

It is not mandatory that you should write. You can raise money without any reference to this contest too. http://milaap.org/campaigns/hope here.

However, if you write about it, there is a chance that the followers of your blog will know about it and the campaign will be reached to more people.

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

This is the best contest ever.

Please explain the referrer Id thing a little more. I signed up --> Clicked on an entrepreneur --> my referrer id was 8*** --> I clicked on another, my id was the same. Will going through this be enough for them to understand that the fund was generated was reffered by me?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yep Nisha the referrer id will be unique to you connected to your indiblogger account (my opinion)Cool

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

Also, what if my reader goes through my post but decides to lend to another borrower? Will I get the credit? I guess Indiblogger needs to clear this a bit.

Not that I'm dying to win the prize; I would just want to know how much I was able to generate!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I think you will get the credits. In fact, you can add the string '?&referrer_id=****' at the end of any URL of milaap website. 

Once anyone clicks the link and donates the money within 15 days of clicking the link, you will be credited.

However, if the person first clicks your link and then clicks the link of another blogger, then the credit will go to the second blogger irrespective of the person to whom the reader has lender the money - the borrower about whom you have blogged or the other blogger had blogged or some other borrower.

Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

How come you know everything, Ranjith? :)

This time I logged on with a different id and checked if my previous referrer id works. I guess it does. So I'm kind of concluding that the person has to log in first and then click on the link that I send.

Anyway, one more question -  is this contest only for the borrowers in the Hope project or we can choose any profile from the Milaap website?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It will work even if the person first clicks your link first and then logs in. 

You will have to choose the borrowers from here : http://milaap.org/fund . Is there something called borrowers in Hope category? Innocent

Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

Yes, there is a special campaign going on for the Hope project. I think we can choose borrowers from anywhere on the website (hopefully).

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Cool Contest.

Vijay, ''Choomantar...'' Now give me that crystal ball Innocent 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Phone Tapping Mantar Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

buy oneWink

Pratibha
Pratibha
from Pune
10 years ago

I've not only contributed but also raised the money :) So was wondering why should I write!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

writing spreads the cause further...other people reads your post and the message is spread far n wide

Shantinath Chaudhary
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

nice point there ND. Writing can play a crucial role in spreading of thoughts..

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Okay! So this is without a doubt, the best contest ever. Like, seriously EVER. I will start working on this from this weekend :)

Amazing concept IB. Seriously. I'm impressed. 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Why is this categorised under 'Crimes Against Women' ? Innocent

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago
Good question R.
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago
If you do not participate and raise money, it will be crime against the hopeful befeficiaries which are all women. I think that's why
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago
I think the Dove and Sunsilk contests should be categorised under ' Crimes Against Men'. Given the abysmal chances of any man winning in these.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

devadasi system is crime against women thats why

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Saket Innocent

ND ok... I missed reading the paragraph at the top of the contest page. Undecided Somehow, they mixed both milaap loans and devadasi system in a single contest Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

loan is for those devdasis who escaped that life via milaap initiative...so its all inter-related

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

There are also many men in the borrowers list Innocent and I think you can choose the men also...

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i didnt see men in it...where you saw?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Not in hope project. In the complete listing here. On the left, you can filter results by Gender. And in the instructions here, they said to choose borrowers by clicking the 'Lend' link which shows all borrowers and not just those who are a part of Hope. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

maybe those are other initiatives by milaap...but since the contest specifically mentions 'devadasis'....we shud choose them i think...and they are victims of crimes against women

Shruti
Shruti
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I don't think the blogs hosted on WP (not own domains) permits affiliate links.. not sure..  has anyone got an idea about that? Is there an option to just direct to the page for donation and may be skip the affiliate link? I know i won't be winning that way but a cause is a cause nonetheless :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Is there an option to just direct to the page for donation and may be skip the affiliate link? 

Just share the URL which is shown in your address bar and not the one displayed in the message box ( ending in ?&referrer_id= ) But without the referral id in the URL, your referrals cannot be tracked.

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Shruti, are you referring to the Hope campaign Widget or the referrer ID link? The referrer ID link works well on the all blogs, and should work on major Blog platforms like WP. But incase you still facing some difficult, do give us a shout on feedback@milaap.org. We would be happy to help you! Smile

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

I'm done with my post! If you are not blogging about it, do lend! Smile

Shruti
Shruti
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Oh, no problem.. this is a hatke competition.. I won't play for the win.. even if it brings a little, it will end up helping someone.. that's the true essence of blogging.. :) thankie Ranjith...  If WP doesn't permits affiliate, I will direct to the home site itself :)

Blogwati Gee
Blogwati Gee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Errrrr.....already did this Renie, since we had attended the Milaap IB meet. InnocentI just saw it as the natural extension of the event. Managed to raise Rs 36000/- plus. Funded 3 projects with that. Got featured on Milaap's Social Media Page too. Blogged and Tweeted to raise the funds. Will that entry count?

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Innocent A blessing in form of blogger.. Great work!

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi BlogwatiGee, Yes your entry still counts. You've created a benchmark for all of us. Smile Although just add the referral ID to your blog article and get more folks to fund borrowers on Milaap. You never know someone might even raise above Rs. 36K.  Laughing 

Pritam Thakur
Pritam Thakur
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Hey,

My referral id is http://milaap.org/fund?&referrer_id=**** ; But once I click on a borrower, the referral ID vanishes !

Pritam Thakur
Pritam Thakur
from Kolkata
10 years ago

And how do I track the amount raised ? Surprised

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes, it will vanish but still the contribution made by the person whom you referred will be tracked ( using cookies ) Laughing

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Pritam, we will keep sending you an update about the funds being raised through your referrer ID. Who knows Milaap better than you! Wink

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I have already done two posts on hope project after attending their meet. Can they be included in the project?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

From the contest page

Only fresh entries written for this contest are allowed.

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Farida, you can make edit to those two posts and add the referrer ID  to those articles. It's more important you make the post inspiring enough that your readers come and make an impact using your referrer ID. If you have more questions, feel free to write to us! Smile

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thank you Milaap.. I will do that. I am really very much touched by the stories of Devadasis and inspired by your work. 

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks alot Milap.org...even i had the same question as Farida :)

Blogwati Gee
Blogwati Gee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Woohoo! thanks Milaap! And I am hoping this really turns into a tidal wave of sorts with the support of IB bloggers. Laughing

Milaap
from Bangalore
10 years ago

It surely will. Good luck! Laughing

Ashish
Ashish
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I was on a break. And when I returned, I see this amazing contest. Proud to be a part of IndiBlogger for this. There should be more such projects. Will submit soon... 

1-20
21-40 41-52
LockSign in to reply to this thread