Google Adsense woes

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Google adsense application for my 1 year old beauty blog has been rejected (again!). And this time I posted a query on their forum and someone replied saying they are not acccepting beauty/product review blogs anymore.

Just a heads up to people who are looking for adsense and wondering why they are getting rejected. Check out their forums.

Google never gives clear answers but things like 'Site does not comply with google policies'. 

I do not want to believe (or accept) this so can anyone confirm if they got approved? 

PS - My Youtube account is suffering therefore I really wanted this :(

Replies 1 to 13 of 13 Descending
Varma
Varma
from trivandrum
10 years ago

It seems odd... Google Adsense team will accept a site accroding to the ranking it gets... ( it also include the quality of content, design & layout, frequency of post etc..)

If you are not getting accepted by Google Adsense with your blog, then can try with YouTube :)

If you a great YouTube channel ( as i read above) then you can apply directly from their for Google Adsense for the YouTube channel. Once approved you can also use the Google Adsense account tags for your blog, no restriction.

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I did not understand exactly what you said. Only one adsense account is allowed I think so since I applied for my site, unless I get it approved, I can't monetise my Youtube with it. Are you saying it is possible? Let me know how, I will try it

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ritu its possible to monetize Youtube without getting blog approved Tongue out  But you dont make much unless you have 1 mil hits or something like that 

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Vijay, how?

A website is not going to make much either unless i get 10000 hits a day or something. I just want something to start. I have been working for over a year and this project has eaten a lot of my money. I hope to get some returns now!

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

For youtube you dont need hits to get approved, there is a option for monetization at the time you upload a video or in the settingsCool.

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Vijay, Oh I know that. I thought you were talking about making money without adsense. I am a YouTube partner and to get paid (haven't made anything yet) I need to associate it with an adsense account. So I thought there was a way out. Anyway. Thanks. I have monetied my videos, I have no option to 'receive' the money without adsense

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yep Ritu that is the problem with YoutubeCry I have just made $0.25 from around a 50000 hits

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

$0.25 from around a 50000 hits

like seriously? :o

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yep ND Youtube adsense is real bad unless you have viral video on your channelCry

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ritu ND it seems to have increase for Jan though > http://prntscr.com/2ormor

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

make a controversial video then...it'll become viralMoney mouth

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Check out their forums.

Most of the time, the members there post replies like - tech blogs are not accepted, beauty blogs are not accepted, personal blogs are not accepted and so on. I wonder if they feel that Adsense has stopped accepting applications! Innocent

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

No. I just read in another discussion that they are accepting and judging per case basis.

Aditya Jha
Aditya Jha
from New Delhi, India
10 years ago

I recently suggested my uncle to apply for adsense. He has a blog on spiritual topics, usually very rare to find but his knowledge is impeccable and he's got a great following. He has had a blog running on wordpress and I converted the same to blogspot and now he's maintaining both his blogs but just few days back he got rejected, being stated that he doesn't blog on one particular topic or something of that sort and so he then reapplied. He now awaits for a reply but it's sad to see google not getting its facts right. My uncle only writes on spiritual topics and in great detail but yet being rejected does imply the fact that google is either not bothered to go through the content or for some apparent reason doesn't feel the need to approve blogs on topics that are a rarity to be written on by bloggers.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Aditya can you mail me the website of your uncle 

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Aditya, I read about this issue on the forum too. Someone was saying that they approve broad-topic blogs (not personal though) that get good traffic but also if a fair share are coming from the search engines. Maybe the niche is too specific for them :( and they do not have advertisers for that niche

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

The Google forum sucks Ritu.  They had outright told me that combo will never get adsense and I got it approved only a week later.  The only problem is that all blogs have to pass the Adsense bots to reach humans and sadly most blogs dont make the cut with the bots.  Once human read a particular blog and are impressed rest is piece of cake

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Well VIjay, I really wanted to hear what you had to say. The guy was kinda blunt in what he said. He is the forum hero of sorts. Anyway. I don't knw why even after getting good traffic (not many followers though) I am not getting approval. Anyway. I will try next month!

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I am the google forum link in which the so called expert gave his/her comments > https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/adsense/a81VYrn8hS4/GRGawUoLb6UJ

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

The forum expert who talked to me is differnt but man that is really rude of them. The comment left on my question is nothing compared to what they said to you. 

I can understand they get similar questions from many people day in day out but they can still be social.

Hi Vijay,

He seem rude (comment in Google product forum) but the idea behind his comment is about the content quality on your blog. You post awesome photos but sadly less content and even no proper title tag (not telling about your other posts). Write at least a paragraph about the pictures you post and change the title format from photo of the day to some interesting caption which is unique to each posts. BTW you have AdSense on your blog, congrats.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Alex I have been away from combo for some time now Cool  Yep all the changes you said are going to be needed and done soon.  I will be removing the Photo of the Day completely soon.  Havent made up my mind whether to leave combo as it is and start a all new wp blog.Undecided

Anz Joy
Anz Joy
from Kerala
10 years ago

you should check this indibloger post

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=18279

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

It is a good idea Anz Joy, but I have something other planned. Wish you all the best for this program!

Anz Joy
from Kerala
10 years ago

wishing you best of luck..:)

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thank you :)

Abhinav Sonkar
Abhinav Sonkar
from Pune
10 years ago

In my opinion, it is better to wait submitting your blog to Adsense until you have a decent amount of traffic (500-1k visits/day). By the time you reach that traffic stats, your domain name would have got old, its value would be more, you would have generated lots of good content and there would be quite a few incoming links. And if a major chunk of your traffic comes from organic search, even better! At this point, submitting your blog to Adsense would easily pass the bot test and any human would have no qualms approving as your blog is now like a billboard with potential for adword clicks (why would an advertiser come to you otherwise?).

Without a decent traffic, your adsense earnings would be next to nothing. So focus on writing content and generating traffic first.

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Hello Abhinav, thanks for your detailed reply. I am getting close to 500 hits a day and my domain is more than a year old

Abhinav Sonkar
from Pune
10 years ago

Hi Ritu, I hope you mean 500 daily visits (not pageviews) as per Google Analytics. Technically a 'hit' has completely different meaning.

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

That is a valid point. I will wait for the traffic to stabilize at that stage and then apply. I am updating my blog daily anyway!

Charan A.C
Charan A.C
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Ritu,

My two cents

1)Yes, google adsense forum sucks!!! they discourage everyone there!!!  I have got many rude answers and even I have belted them in return Sealed

2)From my personal experience, there is no  specific reason why they reject or  accept the blog. My blog was rejected for 2 years. I kept on re-submitting finally they accepted it.And I had not done any changes to my blog when they accepted it. It was the same old blog, comparitively less traffic and acitve.

3)From your side keep on submitting and make sure you follow all google adsense policies. One fine day you will get it :)

3)Youtube video can be monteized (hosted account) but to use the same adsense account on your blog , you will need to get one more approval.

Charan A.C
Charan A.C
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Ritu,

One more thing, I just checked your blogs policies you might need to mention about Google adsense's "DoubleClick Cookie"This might help ->https://www.iubenda.com/blog/2013/09/23/privacy-policy-google-adsense/ 

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I have it mentioned on my Privacy Policy page

Abhishek
Abhishek
from Allahabad
10 years ago

As an alternate to Adsense, you can try Media.net and AdsLiveMedia.

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks! I will check it out

Aditya Jha
Aditya Jha
from New Delhi, India
10 years ago

Got my blog adsense enabled yesterday. It's funny but adsense is pretty easy to get through youtube monetization, I'm sure most of you would be aware of this. Sign in to adsense through youtube monetization, use the same account for your blogger and it works like a charm. Only thing is, unless you have a good traffic there's no point in getting reviewed through adsense/enabling adsense but if you are desperate for adsense and aren't getting reviewed, this seems like the easiest way. 

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks. I do have my Youtube account enabled. I want to monetise my blog too. And it is a domain not a free blog so rules are different for that. 

Number-Four
Number-Four
from Rajkot
10 years ago

Do you want Adsense for google product like blogspot,youtube then it is two easy.First of make new gmail id with US,Uk proxy (becuase in our country advertiser are less so how google manage them all..:D,that's y create one new account),Add one video in youtube,then set it for monetization,you will get ur adsense less than 2 hour(becuase google gives first priroty to US,Uk country and last for india).after approve don't use proxy.

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I do not need for blogger and I already have approved account for Youtube. I want to enable it for my website. I do not want to go for proxy changes at this point. I am waiting for the blog traffic to increase to a certain level and apply again. Thanks for sharing the trick though

Aditya Jha
Aditya Jha
from New Delhi, India
10 years ago

I created account with an existing account, with India as the residing country. As long as we're on this topic, google adsense really isn't much helpful to Indian bloggers. Is there any Indian advertising agency that is better than adsense, more so trusted? 

LockSign in to reply to this thread