Number of Promotes

Fayaz Pasha
Fayaz Pasha
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi,

Just wondering to note that the number shown is less compared to the promotes.  Earlier ten promotes would count to twenty.  Now ten promotes are counted as ten.  

Any reason?

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Hello Fayaz, I believe you're talking about IndiVine votes. That is a number derived with a specific formula based on your IndiRank.

It's mentioned in the FAQ's section 

Q.  I voted once, but the vote count increased by 2 points. Is that a bug?
A. No, that's a feature of IndiVine. The IndiVine voting system is integrated with IndiRank, where a vote for a higher ranking blog gets more weightage. Take for example the blog gujiligalaba.blogspot.com having an IndiRank of 55. Every vote for posts from this blog will have a value of (1 + .55 = 1.55). Votes are rounded off for display. All fresh entries on IndiVine start at 0 votes, regardless of the IndiRank.  

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

... If you don't have an IndiRank, it will be taken as 0. So, the calculation will be (1 + .00 = 1.00). So, ten votes will count as ten votes only. 

Fayaz Pasha
Fayaz Pasha
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Many thanks Nandini, Cyberkid and Ranjith for the clarification.  I'm still unable to fix the RSS as the Indirank couldn't be fixed for the past one year.  I wonder if there's any solution.  

Regards,

Fayaz

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

My answer is the same that I had given here

Remove the following line from youre template ( line 27 )

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Muslim Wedding Flight &raquo; Comments Feed" href="http://muslimweddingflight.com/?feed=comments-rss2" />

LockSign in to reply to this thread