Stuck at PR 4 forever.

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

My blog went landed a Google PR 4 a few months after its inception.It's stuck there since more than 2 years now. I find it strange because the blog has grown in terms of content, readership and backlinks. It's not that the PR bothers me much but I was just curious.

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: typographical error; the field won't accept just 'typo' because it's too short.
Replies 1 to 17 of 17 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Higher the pagerank, the harder it gets... IndiBlogger has been at PR5 and our blog at PR4 for more than a year without any change....

Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Thanks. So PR4 it is.

sm
sm
from india
14 years ago

Last week google page ranks changed i think .so please check it .

I got page rank 4  last week and now its 3 May be google started to update page ranks monthly basis.

please confirm it if you are sure.

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Nope, I'm still on PR4.

leon
leon
from kolkata
14 years ago

start building backlinks

Chethan
Chethan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I'm on PR5 now. hoping to get a better rank in the next update :)

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Nice job, congratulations! (I see we use the same template) Smile

Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Congrats.

Chethan
Chethan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

@Renie Ravin

Correction my friend you are on wordpress and I'm on Blogger. I had to code it down myself :) Love your blog content man :)

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

You coded that yourself??? Nice! Smile

Pushkar
Pushkar
from Noida
14 years ago

Hello Cheth,

I am your follower on Twitter - http://twitter.com/buckdat

Like your twitter stream. :)

Glad to see you here. Check my new blog story on Search Engine reputation Managment of United Airlines.

Would you like to exchange link on Blogroll?

Best,

Pushkar

I have been stuck at PR3 forever though I am monetizing it reasonably well. There're regular + search readers as well...

PR4 is the right rating for your current backlinks strength and post frequency, I guess :)

Bishwajeet Mahato
Bishwajeet Mahato
from Jamshedpur
14 years ago

PR isnt that much important. Afterall popularity of your blog matters and numbers of visitors/day

Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
from India
14 years ago

Well, First time I checked it was 2 and after that,  I joined Indiblogger and I suppose it grew in readership but now my PR is 1 Cry 

Although PR doesn't matter but Google boasts about it, but ignoring it will be like saying,

"Angoor Khatte Hain"

abhishek khanna
abhishek khanna
from Delhi
14 years ago

my blog had a pr 3 when i had .blogspot.com domain

but after i switched on to custom .com domain.. the PR went to zero

http://www.thefurobiker.com/

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. Now have to start from scratch!

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago
Hi Abhishek, congrats on getting a personal domain. You will have to do all your back links with your new domain. Good luck.
Rishabh
Rishabh
from New Delhi
14 years ago

When I started blogging 1 year ago...I knew nothing like PR and stuff. By the time I came to know all this and realized that my PR was 0(that was in May 2009), I left blogging for quite some time. Now ever since I have started blogging again, I find my PR has gone upto 4.

What I'll suggest you is that you do the following to increase your PR -

1. Leave good and reputative comments on other blogs that are probably in the same category as your blog.

2. Social bookmarking is a must.

3. Include your blog links in your signature on various forums.

4. Add other blogs from your same category to your blog roll.

5. Follow other blogs and stuff on twitter and they might start following your blog too.

6. Common Sense - Write good posts.

Rest is all in your hands. Have a nice time blogging! Wink

Siddhesh Kabe
Siddhesh Kabe
from London
14 years ago

You know yahoo and hotmail are on Pr 9 since its beginning.. :P

Rishabh
Rishabh
from New Delhi
14 years ago

@Siddhesh - The reason for that is Google didn't introduce PR feature when yahoo and hotmail released. And the other reason is that right from the beginning they were like the only mailing service + other services.

Mritunjay
Mritunjay
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Anyone has idea if PR is only for dedicated domain blog or for the one's hosted on shared free services like Wordpress too?

Google PR never ranks my blog which is on Wordpress. :(

Suggestions?

Mritunjay
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Just to add a few things:

• My blog is already connected to social bookmarking sites like Twitter/Delicious/Tumblr/Newsvine etc.
  • I get avg. 200 hits per day
  • I source my stories to various other sites (reputable ones like CNN/BBC etc)

What else to get a PR!? Also haven't received a IndiBlogger rank and the remarks on the stats page gives all sorts of errors ranging from No feed detected to low posts while the latest stories get updated which means the feed has no issue. I post roughly 2 stories per day which I believe should be a decent number.

Any one having idea what else I need to do!

Rishabh
Rishabh
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Hmmm...I have heard many people having the same problem. Even my sis who used weebly for her blog couldn't get any PR despite having around 100-200 hits daily. Google probably loves blogspot more than wordpress or weebly.

Most likely, having a custom domain would help. But you might have to start SEO from scratch.

Mritunjay
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thanks Rishab for the advice...though getting a new domain would not be that big an issue managing it would be a challenge I guess and starting SEO from scratch would hurt...lol.

Cheers!

Malathy Badri
Malathy Badri
from Bangalore
14 years ago

LockSign in to reply to this thread