blogger vs google+ comments

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Hi everyone, I have started a new blog in blogger platform. Currently I haven't integrated it with Google+ because it says it will also remove the blogger comments and the blog will have google+ comments. 

Can anyone tell which will be better? I noticed that most of the bloggers aren't using the google+ comments.

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I would suggest that you go with default Blogger comments. That is what most of the bloggers use. If you are using G+ comments, those without a G+ profile won't be able to use it. No such problem arises with the default Blogger comments. 

Laughing

Laughing

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I was thinking the same. Thanks Ranjith. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Blogger and Google+ both the commenting system doesn't link back to your blog and it becomes really awkward to post a link below your comments.

I have new blog in blogger. I welcome your suggestions. Undecided

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Try Disqus Gaurab

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

If you use Blogger commenting system, you can use a Name+URL for commenting which will link your comment to whatever URL you specify. I think this is what you want Innocent

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Openid Tongue out no I dont think he wants that.  I think he wants a pingbackCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Innocent

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Vijay - I checked that out but people are not giving good reviews about it. Bloggers are saying there comments actually dropped when they installed disqus. Thanks :) I want that clicking on my name takes them to my blog. (something like gravatar but it's not there in blogger)

@ranjith - can you give some more details about this. I want that clicking on my name should take them to my blog.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Go here > http://openid.net/ follow the instructions, put the open id code in your blog template and anywhere you comment with your blogger id the user will be led to your blog.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thank you.  I will try it out today. Laughing

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thank you.  I will try it out today. Laughing

Number-Four
Number-Four
from Rajkot
10 years ago

I think blogspot both allows to use blogger as well as Google plus comment.If you setting up your Google plus profile setting then your blogger comment automatically convert to G+.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I think personal blogs can't do that because their main source of readers are fellow bloggers. I think since most people don't have high organic views hence they don't have the luxury of removing both. 

I checked your blog, you publish a lot of posts and I think you have organic views as well so your blog don't require it. These are the main factors why your views may have increased. keep up the great work Laughing

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I prefer the simple Blogger comments anytime! G+ comments take a lot of time to load plus you need to be logged in to Google to use them.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I think you are telling it from the perspective of your blog reader because we are already signed in to a google account when we are using blogger. Undecided 

Thanks Laughing I'm using the blogger comments and I can see the psotives. Cool

LockSign in to reply to this thread