Guest Blogging being penalized by Google

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

All good friends who are inviting guest blogging may kindly note that Guest Blogging is being heavily penalized by Google.  It seems that Matt Cutts and Google are initiating action against guest blogging as a whole.  Read this article

http://searchengineland.com/googles-matt-cutts-implies-myblogguest-publishers-will-receive-penalties-many-begin-receiving-manual-action-notifications-187122

I am not saying that guest blogging is bad but do be careful with the google penalties

Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending
Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

The new changes were informed to the wordpress.com bloggers well in advance and many prominent bloggers wrote about these changes. 

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Did you know that myblogpost dot com was shut off by google Innocent

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

No but we were informed that doing a guest post for a blog will bring penalty from Google and some guidelines which one should follow after the new changes. It was some time back. Smile

Gaurav Tiwari
from New Delhi
9 years ago

@Vijay That was MyBlogGuest.com :D

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Whoa! Now this is serious business! I wonder how this will impact the organic content industry when it was just taking off for better prospects! Innocent

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yep PM pretty serious read matt cutts himself here > http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/guest-blogging/

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

VP, I had read this but this is more related to low quality guest posting which was done before Hummingbird, Panda and Penguin updates for the sake of backlinks. If you are adding values through guest posting, you shouldn't worry. In short, your guest posts should be adding value to the site and it shouldn't be spamy. Chill VP Cool

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I dont take Guest Posts PM just noticed that google was penalizing so brought it to notice of bloggers Tongue out

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

VP Laughing

Simply Bogus
Simply Bogus
from Bogus island
10 years ago

Crywhy does Google penalize guest bloggers ?

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Beacause people started to abuse the guest blogging system to generate backlinks, there were few websites which made it a business and created backlinks for the people in exachange of money. This inturn hampered the ranking system. So, google started to penalize the people who are doing the wrong practice. 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Vijay,  Now, I won't accept your guest post on my blog UndecidedTongue outMoney mouth unless you give me a 3k words story Cool

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

ok 3k words story with 35 dofollow links Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Surprised

Hi, 

You people are right that website has been penalized by Google, but Guest Blogging still on the way but you have to put effort as well as make it publish in top blogs.

Himanshu Negi
Himanshu Negi
from Delhi
9 years ago

Guest Blogging, guest post (or whatever you call this linking seo process) is now penalized and I got warning notification too from Google webmaster tool about issue with outbound links. More than 30% articles on my blog are guest post.

So, I removed unecessarly articles, made changes to hypertext and some nofollow. Now waiting for a reply from google webmaster. I was also asked by a guest writer to remove their link. So you can imagine the current situation.

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

same happened with me when i removed all the link and filed the reconsider request it failed again

Monika Chaudhary
Monika Chaudhary
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Guest blogging is the best way to increase huge visitors towards any blog.

But If you are linking low quality websites then it is a red alert from Google. Google penalize those who have low quality links.

So offer Guest Posting but keep in mind who is writing for you. Cool

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

Guest blogging with nofollow links are still in the game, right?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

No Follow links are okay I suppose but why not avoid guest blogging all together.  Who will guest blog on ur site for no follow links Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I think personal bloggers may guest blog even if the links are no follow.

and Vijay, what happened to your guest post on my blog? Innocent

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Ranjith you are no longer forum king I will gp on NDs blog now Undecided

PS just now saw you still are so preparing the guest post with 35 do follow links Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Ranjith you are no longer forum king I will gp on NDs blog now Undecided

Forum hero status comes and goes but Ranjith is Ranjith Cry

Nitin Balodi
Nitin Balodi
from Chandigarh
9 years ago

Google checks relevancy. If you are writing a guest post related to technology on a fashion related website then you will be penalized. However, if you are writing a blog post for a blog that is of tech sphere, chances are that you will get a backlink and some visitors also.

You have cited example of Search Engine Land, if you will check then you will find that a lot of guest bloggers are activate there. All of  them are marketors or running an SEO firm. Thus hiting their own niches.

Find a relavent site and post content there if you get a chance to post.  You will not get penalized. Wink

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Nitin this is not what I think.I think Google is now very strict on Unnatural links any which way u get them

Nitin Balodi
Nitin Balodi
from Chandigarh
9 years ago

yes Vijay that's what I am saying. irrelevant links are unnatural links. Relevant ones are not unnatural.  Threfore, if you do guest blogging on wrong niche to get backlink that will be treated as unnatural or if you will get a backlink from adult site and the like that doesnt fall in your domain or niches. Nontheless, if you are doing that in your own niche the link building will be regarded as natural.

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/ranking-benefits-backlinks-beyond-seo/103783/

Click at the link and check Jon Ball profile. He is a professional link builder and writing guest post at SEJ to get visitor. Now if he will do the same at techcrunch then it will be regarded as unethical link building.

I hope you are getting. Me too a learner like you. Hence, if you find that I am wrong anywhere. Please feel free to correct me brother. Smile

Mansoor
Mansoor
from Pune
9 years ago

Its jorgan that post of people get confused and afriad about guest posting.

The content you post as a guest post to blog or website should be releant to category and if you have placed link which is also related. And if people are more likely to click on it is good guest posting activities I can say. So if you do guest posting in proper way you wont have any issue as told in thread.

Conclusion:

So Post good content in right category, place right url that will help visitors to find what they want.

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Exactly :P 

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

So in short I can't submit my articles to any e-mag? I'm curious since few mag publishers have been asking from me and all I could ask from them in return few "do follow" backlinks... So, can't I link the Author name with my blog under my article there?  [Hopeless smile]

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Broda for you Google will allow Tongue out

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

[kiddish pleasure wala grin]

LockSign in to reply to this thread