Why you may not like to add location on your blog post??

Anirban Dutta
Anirban Dutta
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hello There,

I have recently faced an issue and do not want others to go there.

I have my doubts that I know some part of the full script, but nevertheless, I will try and keep you aware of what has happened with me.

...With good increase in my blog traffic, I was expecting a higher rank at the present revision happened in March. But I was taken aback to see it as 'NA' after the ranks were declared. I have requested the reason from the forum and came to know that my feed is not getting validated.

I was upset but determined, and that took me through a tiring journey in the web-space to find out and solve the issue. I am thankful to Nandita for letting me know the basics, and then I was lost in html coding jungle for 7-8 days not knowing what 'column 72283' means. I have cursed a lot of my CS friends for not knowing how to find a column in html codes, so that I can track down the problem.

But at last I am in locality, and found out that the if you are adding location to your post settings, it creates a georss tag and that is not understood well by the feed validators. So do not add it, or if you know how to successfully do that, please educate!!

Hope this helps someone.

Fellow Blogger,

Anirban

Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
9 years ago

This is useful information Anirban - we'll undoubtedly be able to use this for IndiRank support. Thanks! Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread