Offer for a linkback

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
10 years ago
Hey guys, I am a freelance writer for a particular site. I have been ghostwriting articles for the site and getting paid for it. Now my client found out about my blog and wants me to write a post with a linkback to a relevant page of his site. Is this allowed guys if the page is indeed helpful to my readers? I have read a forum thread here a few weeks ago about google penalising for such things. Please help.
Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
10 years ago
No, I do not have an adsense account yet.
Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
10 years ago
Yes, wordpress doesn't allow it. Okay I will think about it then. Thanks)
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Google Webmaster guidelines say that links in sponsored posts should be no follow and it should be explicitly specified in the post that you are paid for writing that post. But as far as I know, if you say them that you allow only no follow links, they will withdraw their offer. Tongue out 

Read this page.

Not many people ( except those who receive huge traffic from google and have adsense ) follow the no-follow rule. So, it is for you to decide what to do with the offer. Wink

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I have been getting few offers to write sponsored posts these days though I haven't taken them seriously but I would really like to now what are the cons or conquences of writing these posts. Any advice while transacting with these guys and what is the average amount that should be quoted for writing a normal post for them? It will be really helpful if anyone can provide any info regarding this. 

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
10 years ago
I know they will withdraw the offer for sure. I am more worried about blogging ethics. Now that it is confirmed there is no reasonable harm in it, I will have to think about it. Thanks ND and Ranjith:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

About blogging ethics, if you mention in the post that you have been padi for it, then in my opinion it would be fine...

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
10 years ago
And now I can see I can not put line breaks here. I have been constantly researching and solving real petty issues since I bought this ipad. But I will save these problems for my next thread.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I think adding line breaks in your reply on an ipad is impossible... though not too sure Foot in mouth

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
10 years ago
I am on it. Nothing useful came up yet:(

LockSign in to reply to this thread