Attention Attention!

Shivangi Sharma
Shivangi Sharma
from New Delhi
10 years ago

HI,

How do I make more people read my blogs on indivine and get more votes? It's really a wish for everyone to see themselves in the most popular section. Same goes for me. :PPlease suggest.

Also, I am somehow unable to vote for other's blogs. How do we vote for someone else's blog?

Shivangi 

Replies 1 to 18 of 18 Descending

You click on the View Post to Promote button beneath their Indivine Posts on Indivine, then you can see the button turning into "Promote this Post". Now click on it to promote the post

Regarding your first question, be active on the forum, comment on other peoples's blogs, write controversial topics etc etc

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Write controversial topics? Foot in mouth Are you sure, suggesting that? Undecided

I'm saying it is a way to increase readership and one which actually works too Tongue out

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

But, can be harmful too.Tongue out

Yea...pls add CK's disclaimer too before reading my comment Tongue out

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Controversial topic :)) :))

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I am active on forum then also I havent got many votes Frown

there are 2 more aspects in my suggestion....do them also Tongue out

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Knitha, as far as I see, voting on IndiVine is more of a backscratching activity :| So, it's pretty normal that you don't get votes.Wink

I disagree CK

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I disagree to CK as well. There will be few people doing it but generalizing it for all is unfair to people who actually go through other good posts.

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Guys, though, I understand that everyone has a POV, I'd like to clarify myself:

Knitha, as far as I see, voting on IndiVine is more of a backscratching activity :| So, it's pretty normal that you don't get votes.Wink

I didn't intend to say that everyone using IndiVine for whatever purpose is a culprit of backscratching - directly or indirectly. I believe, nowhere I said everyone and that all of Indivine is used for backscratching.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

CK...agreeing with you on the point that some people do it but not everyone Innocent Smile

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Follow the rule-I scratch your back and you scratch mine Tongue outSealed

this works too but u need large nails....but if u write controversial topics it directly puts everyones' backs on fire....Tongue out

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

One may have to scratch a lot to reach the top Tongue out

Shivangi Sharma
Shivangi Sharma
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thank you for your instant replies. :)

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
10 years ago

NSV,I will start growing my nails then Tongue out

May u get the desired following with your long nails....happy scratching Tongue out

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Promote other blogs, comment on them and write great posts which others will like to read. Innocent Smile

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

+ Build up your fan base.

This will take time, but, you'll have a loyal fan base which would flock to your blog no matter they receive any updates from your blog or not.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Yes, that's really important. You should have connections with other bloggers. 

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
10 years ago

start making friends in bloggers circle :)

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Agree with NSV, controversial topics and viral posts means instant blogstardom Tongue out

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
10 years ago

+1 ND :)

Shivangi Sharma
Shivangi Sharma
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Sure, Nandini! :)

Subroto
Subroto
from Brisbane
10 years ago

I visited your blog because u started this topic, so that's one way :-)

I rarely get comments thru indiblogger so I am probably unable to give useful advice but still keep on posting, I still do.  The element of backscratching exists but on a positive note you come across bloggers whose style and content you like.  Interacting with other blogggers does get you some comment love.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Connect with bloggers and they will automatically drop by your blog. Smile

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
10 years ago

I used to read  a lot stuff through indiblogger, voted and commented on numerous posts but never got votes or comments accordingly (read back scratching) . so its a kind of useless exercise. nowadyas, I dnt even bother for votes for my own post let apart voting for others. yes I still promote other posts but only for few ppl (including some photo blogs, I love their work). I may sound selfish but now I am tired of this so called promotion game. I have seen number of comments, votes on average kinda articles/stories and other such stuff.  so what to do .. let it be .. couple of months ago i wrote an essay on this topic titled "sad story of a blogger" in which I raised this issue, tht many bloggers remained unnoticed, theri posts dnt even  get a  hundred views. ppl like me voted, commented, read many bloggers bt never get the same response .. so the conclusion is .. I write coz I have a theme/idea/topic to write not because ppl are wwaiting to vote for my post.  haare ko hari naam u seeCoolWink

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

That's the spirit, Bhavana. When we started our blogs, we didn't know who will read or comment or subscribe to our blogs, so, I believe, we should ever work with the same enthusiasm forever.

I think that is a juncture almost every blogger finds, at one point of time or another, in their blogging career. Some surrender, some fight up, and win.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I too realised the same / the uselessness of visitors, votes, comments Undecided and so stopped blogging except for contests Tongue out ( there is also another reason - I'm a bit lazy Tongue out ) Now, I write only when I feel like writing and I don't type and publish most of them ( I told you that I'm lazy :P ) Today, I wrote a post and I hope to type it before the end of this year. Money mouth So, those who want to read my post, visit my blog regularly. Tongue out ( S∞ P Money mouth )

Today you wrote a post and yoou didnt type it yet? Innocent

Where did you write it then? on Papyrus ?

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

Thanks CK... there is one more point, the number of comments/votes and likes doesn't indicate that one has written some great stuff coz many times ppl write some regular words like .. lovely, nice written, liked it, loved it, good read and bla bla bla .. so chillex.. most of the ppl who promote yr posts through IB  might have not seen the post they just clicked the promotion button and thn closed the post window ( I too did tht many times) Wink

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

NSV .. I too like Papyrus ( when I started writting I used to write entire story/essay in a note book and then typed it. so papyrus would always be there Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

NSV I am an old man. I still write on paper first before typing it. by the way, I wrote a mini post today also. Tongue out and I think, I will be writing a post everyday. Nice way to pass time in office. Money mouth

R I'm just worried about the duplication of efforts Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I find it difficult to think and type at the same time Undecided

dont do both at the same time...think first and type later

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

interleaving the two is also diffcult Tongue out

what is interleaving? Innocent

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

How do I make more people read my blogs on indivine and get more votes?

By not using titles like 'attention! attention!'. Titles should describe the content. If it doesn't, people will not like it. It doesn't make a good impression.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

her blog needed attention, hence the titleInnocent

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

CK You get more visitorsthan me  from IB :((

last one month - GA data 

indiblogger.in / referral 53  sessions
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

including the posts or from the forums ?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

including all pages from IB :((

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

You should post more. I really liked your Java blog Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Thanks Smile I should really post more. Undecided

The stats I gave above are for ALHT. For Java site , it is even lower - 29 Tongue out

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I think I would have to make a similar kind of thread as the no. of visitors to my blog is decreasing each day Frown and there is hardly any visits from indiblogger.

Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

I think its better to promote yourself with what you write, back scratching wouldn't take you anywhere. If someone wants to back scratch than the best way is to do a bit of research and make a list of back scratchers and only scratch themTongue out

But you get scratched only as long as u scratch...once u forget to scratch u won't be scratched in this way Tongue out

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

If someone actually does a research then do make it public Tongue out 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

i knw some backscratchersWink.. they always used to leave comments on my blog, but soon they vanished cos i never commented on theirsTongue outUndecided:))

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Now we know how to repel them Tongue out

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

My policy-I dont scartch your back and u dont scratch mine Tongue out

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Stop scratching any more or someone will actually get a scratch Tongue out