Why finding a mentor is boon for blogging

Finding a mentor is really not an easy task but you will get if you really need support.

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Not able to understand what is this thread for ?

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I suppose this thread is targeted at Shameless Self Promotion, as one of her recent posts is on this topic only.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yep the OP has a post on the same subject on her blog Frown

But coming to the point she made I think its relevant.  I had a mentor who guided me to all the processes of blogging and it sure helped.  I met my friend on bloggers.com (now dead) and he helped me in everywhich wayCool

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Blogging is hardly rocket science. For a creative person like writer or photographer, it is just another way to express. Though making commercial gains from it is another thing for which you may need help.

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Even a creative person need to be told how creative he/she is and need to show a way to express it...Commerical gain just follows one's success...!!!

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I think you are wrong, blogging is a rocket science for many kids who post how to get how to adsense or improve alexa ranks/google page ranks when they themselves dont have neither adsense or their alexa rank is in millions Undecided

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Blogging for creative freedom is totally different than blogging for commercial gains. For example - wordpress.com blogs can never have/use adsense nor any other ads but those ppl still blog. Ex- ppl who take part in indispire, it has no gains except creative freedom. You can't tell ppl how to be creative, it's like telling a stage artist how to improvise. Again seo & ranks are relevant only for commercial gains. I beg to differ. 

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

My dear learned friend,I'm not sure what you trying to say.But these are my POV-Creativeness is not limited to photography or just writting.Creativity is endless.Again Creativity is not just limitted to Indispire also.Blogger or a wordpress is a platform for those who are creative in their own way.Thats why you find,fashion Bloggers,travel bloggers,techie bloggers,food bloggers etc.In the journey of showcasing their creativity many ends up making money,but it doesnt mean their creativity has lost freedom.Writting or blogging for no commercial gain is individual choice and also writting for commercial gain also an indvidual choice.

In your own words-saying a stage artist that he is not an artist coz he performing on stage for money.

When I said"Even a creative person need to be told how creative he/she is and need to show a way to express it''.I didnt say need to teach a creative person how to be creative.In my case,I started a blog 3 yrs ago, whic hardly saw 3 post and I dont even remember the blog's name now.I was pushed by a friend again to start blogging,I wasnt even sure what was my forte.But a friend pointed out whats my forte,see here I am now as a blogger :)

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Yup got your point but when I first commented I mentioned that for a creative person like a writer or photographer (there can be cooks, fashion designers, that's not the point) who already do what they do and for them blog is just an outlet. A writer already writes while a photographer already has his captures. They just have to use the new tool so, it not a big jump for them but I also acknowledge you fact that there could be people who start a blog first and then are looking for their niche. I think we are talking about two different sets of ppl here and hence the confusion. Innocent

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I'm my own mentor Cool

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

How did you mentor yourself Frown #selfmentorship

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I am starting online course for #selfmentorship Tongue out...details are availble in my blog,please enroll yourself,You will get study material in PDF file format via email after paying the tution fee Cool

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

Knitha, are you offering a few free Indi Pattani prizes for the course?... If yes, I'd like to enroll... Cool  

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I want it in .doc format Undecided

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Anant,yes first 50 enrollers for this course will get 20per discount on tution fee though cant disclose the fee on public forum and also indipattani goodies though receiver has to bear courier and other additional charges(T&C u see).

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Ranjith with .Doc format is also availble with extra cost Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I want in lwp format Tongue out

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago