Why doesn't my blog has a pagerank?

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

My blog is about 3 years old. I gets around 80 150 views a day. I wanted to know why I have pagerank 0. Any have a solution for this?

Replies 1 to 13 of 13 Descending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Perhaps, you can try getting quality backlinks to your site through guest posting opportunities on similar pages that have a higher page rank than yours. Acquiring credits through link juice helps in Google pageranks and all. And besides, also update your blog regularly, if you aren't doing that already. All the best.

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Firstly, your blog has a pagerank though it is zero but it is a pagerank. If your blog has no pagerank then it will say invalid or No page rank.

Secondly, google is updating the pagerank after huge gaps and most of the experts say that they will phase out this tool like it has phased out many of its products in recent times.

Since pagerank used to have some anomalies hence wasn't that efficient. People now use MOZ rank and MOZ trust to eveluate the blogs and websites. You can use them as a yardstick.

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Hello Suvin, as Gaurab has pointed it out, Google is the one responsible to generate pageranks, and google has been either somewhat of lazy or has a policy of updating the pageranks once in a year. So, if your blog hasn't been there for a year or so, you can expect a page rank maybe, in the next update, probably, early next year.

However, contrary to what Gaurab has pointed out, in my opinion, Google Pagerank is still an important factor in deciding the value of the domain and hence, its importance can't be completely ruled out.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Yes cyberkid I accept that but you also know PR has it's share of anomalies. Since all these ranking systems have logarithmic curve to denote ranks hence when we represent it with just natural numbers there is bound to be problems. 

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I think, it's a truth that no ranking system is correct to the extent to be correct for all.

While, a system may work on statistical values, and quantitave factors, it's not possible for a system to take into consideration the qualitative factors related to the blogs, and hence, we can surely say that any ranking system can't be completely fool proof.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

True that. PR has even quantitative faults Wink

Anchit Shethia
Anchit Shethia
from Navi Mumbai
9 years ago

You have to build more and more backlink. By getting 100 quality backlinks, you will get PR 2. and it goes on. Focus on content.

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

Thank you guys for replying! Any way I'm going to try to get some quality backlinks.

GuJJu
GuJJu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Page rank has not been updated since a year and i would be surprised if it gets any more. This is what said by matt cutts, head for spam, Google.

Don't worry, no more page rank updates.Cool

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Mate check your facts! The last GPR update was done on 5/6 December, 2013.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Plus, I suppose, that reply was in response to a question, so posting that response in isolation of the question is a bit misleading.

@mattcutts will there be a PR update before 2014? - @NielsBoschh

@NielsBoschh I would be surprised if that happened. - @mattcutts

And here's the link to that conversation on twitter: https://twitter.com/mattcutts/statuses/386910092563447808

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

So, no more Page rank I guess? Frown

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Most probably before the end of this year.

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

[[OFF TOPIC]]

@Cyberkid, I wish you changed your template to something other than blogger default. An seo friendly one. And also use .webp files for images, loads faster! Xnconverter can be used to convert images to webp.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, Suvin. It's quite worth investing some time on the suggestions, to make a blog much more responsive, especially mine, which loads tonnes of resources (including high resolution images-esp. for the header, JS and CSS files, JSON resources from google docs, PHP files hosted on a different web server, to name a few) from other web hosts. So, given the web resources my blog is fetching from different sources, I believe, there's not much of scope to improve it drastically.

Getting a custom template would mean a lot of work, as I won't be getting like the one I need, plus, for the time being I do not wish to invest in a premium theme.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

This is the first time I am listening about webp files. Surprised Thanks for the info. Laughing

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

The webp files will make it much faster, without losing the quality. Google pagespeed insights reccomend that. I use webp format for images on my blog.

Monika Chaudhary
Monika Chaudhary
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

I will not discuss a lot about this thing because so many articles are available on the internet about this topic.

Just check out my website and i have wrote so many articles about it and i got Page Rank 2 in just 6 months. If you follow all the posted guideline you will definitly get the Google Page Rank.

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

Ok, you may be right! You have nice blog and too bad you have only 443 followers on twitter! Tongue out

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Is it really required to follow special tips to get a pagerank? If so, then mine was an exceptional case. I got a PR 2 under a year of starting my blog (because the PR update happened at that time only), without followingany special tips for that purpose. In my honest opinion, you do not need follow any special tips to get a pageank for your blog, just, work on your blog honestly or regularly and you will get a pagerank.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I totally agree with you @CyberKid. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

CK You got valuable do follow links from IndiBlogger which gave you that PR. Wink And I think this is the case with most of the members here. 

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Indiblogger gives dofollow links to all the posts ?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Yes. Wink

All links on IB are dofollow except the ones to change the colour scheme ( top right ) 

Monika Chaudhary
Monika Chaudhary
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Try to follow below tips.

1. Write 100% original article.

2. Promote your blog on social networking websites.

3. Get high PR quality backlinks.

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

Where can I get "PR quality" links? According to Matt Cutts, guest blogging is going to get you penalyzed!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

The right way to get quality PR links is to write excellent posts which people would like linking to. But, writing such great content is easier said than done. 

It is not guest blogging that is being penalised that guest blogging done with an intention to manipulate SERPs. Some SEOs generate paid links by guest blogging low quality articles. It is this type of guest blogging that is penalised.

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

I read it here on Matt Cutts' blog.

I think nofollow links within guest posts are only allowed now onwards!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I too read that article. This is what I was talking about  - 

Added: It seems like most people are getting the spirit of what I was trying to say, but I’ll add a bit more context. I’m not trying to throw the baby out with the bath water. There are still many good reasons to do some guest blogging (exposure, b*****ng, increased reach, community, etc.). Those reasons existed way before Google and they’ll continue into the future. And there are absolutely some fantastic, high-quality guest bloggers out there. I changed the title of this post to make it more clear that I’m talking about guest blogging for search engine optimization (SEO) purposes.

LockSign in to reply to this thread