My blog visitor count is good but my Alexa ranking is really bad, also Adsence d

Roli Gaur
Roli Gaur
from Noida, India
9 years ago

Hi you all,

My blogs pm visitor count is 40k to 50k but My Alexa ranking is 1,34,678. I am not sure if thats bad or not but similar blogs such as mine have better ranking so I was wondering what I am doing wrong. Also how important is Alexa ranking? 

Also I have been rejected twice by Adsence, can someone help me with what I am doing wrong??

Thanks

Roli

Crazy Indian Wedding

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I hope you know that in case of Alexa Rank, the lower the better. And 1,34,678 isn't a bad rank at all.

Roli Gaur
from Noida, India
9 years ago

Ya I know the lower the better, I had it under 1L at one point, but I dunno it keeps changing.. how does Alexa ranks matter? I have met bloggers who are concerned about it but how does it help? 

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I think, you shouldn't be. With the shortcomings any ranking system has, there's not much at stake, if you're not faring better with these ranking systems. Ultimately, what matters is the number of visitors you get on your blog, and the numbers you're able to retain with your blog.

As far as Alexa rank is concerned, it changes on a daily basis, so, if someday, you get a visitor count double the other days, you may see the alexa rank fall down too much, and will get back to the usual place in the with the usual traffic on other days. Since alexa ranks your blog or website in comparision to other sites/blogs, the performance of other websites do matter a lot in calculation of your blog's overall ranking, and comparision of your site/blog with others'.

For now, you should be happy that there are only 1,34,673 websites/blogs ranked by alexa which are better than yours, and it's quite an achievement.Smile

Roli Gaur
from Noida, India
9 years ago

Okies :) Thanks for your advice :)

And thats the Indian rank not global. But hopefully one day it will be global too. 

Happy Blogging

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

The visitor count which you have mentioned is from what source ? Is this your blogger stats ? 

Roli Gaur
from Noida, India
9 years ago

Yes my blogger stat

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

the problem with blogger stats is that it gives a very inflated number as it counts the visits by bots and sometimes our own visits as well. If you will read this forum then you will come to know that there are blogger who get 14 or 45 times inflated results. You should use google analytics or any good quality counter of your choice. 

As far as Alexa rank is concerned, it is a comparative rank and it may increase if you have less visitors or if other websites get more traffic than yours. (Alexa rank - lower the better).

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago
Roli Gaur
from Noida, India
9 years ago

Ok, Thanks will look into the link!

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Ck,she is speaking about her blog link she mentioned in her reply-

I have to update indiblogger, its www.crazyindianwedding.com , I guess thats proper, right?? 

Roli Gaur
from Noida, India
9 years ago

yup

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I think its ok Roli...U had to mention it for the rght reasons....

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

yes, IMO no issues! Smile

Plus I'm too aalsi to click a hyperlink, let alone selecting a text link and visiting the page=))

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

The referral links given are related to this thread ( though I never heard of fidelity media ) 

But the question is are referral links allowed if the link is related to the thread. I don't know the answer but I feel that when someone posts a referral link, they should add a disclaimer about it.

LockSign in to reply to this thread