Why Kolkata has got no indibloggers' meet for years

Datta Ghosh
Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Kolkata, the land of writers, thinkers and adda baaz (informal meetings ) so dismal to see that Kolkata has got no indibloggers' meet in years, what are we doing?

1-20
21-25
Replies 1 to 20 of 25 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Maybe, because of the dearth of sponsors.

Since any IndiBlogger meet is dependent on sponsors, maybe, IB might not be getting sponsors to host an IB meet there.

Yes , I second Datta...please please Renie look into the matter Smile..we want an Indimeet in Kolkata ....pleaseeeeeeee !!!!

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Thanks a lot Maniparna, why don't we take an initiative to start one?

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

As Nd suggested,organise one...If not wait till sponserers look into Kolkata to sponser a meet....

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Thanks a lot Knitha, can you suggest how do you get sponsors for the meet?

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Another reason "could" be lack of interest. 

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Lack of interest?Innocent...U mean Kolkata bloggers lack interest in..?Innocent

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Thanks Gaurab, yes, sometimes we tend to get too laid back and thus lose interest

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I think nobody could actually tell what's the excat reason except the Inditeam but this is my guess and it could be wrong. Innocent I think you guys should arrange a meet by yourself just to show that you guys are interseted and there would be good number of bloggers who would be interested in coming to the meet. Then it will be open the Inditeam to take your request seriously. Smile

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

@Knitha - Yes, I think this could one of the reason along with sponsors. Not much of a response in this as well.

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Thanks Gaurab, I am thinking of putting up this question to the inditeam and Congrats on your Racold Win!!Smile

Hey Gaurab..congrats !! on the Racold win....Laughing

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Thanks :) I wasn't even aware that the results were out. I saw your comment and went there to check it. Yay, this is my first big win here. LaughingCool

I don't think the reason to be 'lack of interest ' ...we  ( me and 3 others ) flew from Kolkata to Mumbai to join the Indimeet..so imagine the amount of enthusiasm on our part...Laughing...I'm sure that an Indimeet in Kolkata would be a sure-shot hit...

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Now that's really cool. I think it's profitable for you if it's not happening in Kolkata...you will get more paid trips.Tongue out Laughing

Laughing That's a real good perspective... Tongue out...but still I want an Indimeet in my home city...Smile

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

And I should get a paid trip to Kolkata Tongue out

Hehe....Tongue out

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

So, it's Maniparna and me from Kolkata, wondering where are the rest...I still wonder....

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I had posted a similar topic 6 months ago. We have had enough of self intiated tweet ups or meet ups, we need sponsored meets too, why should Delhi have all the fun? Tongue out

This is the topic: http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=17628

Appreciate your replies there. Renie please have a look.

ask an IP to tag the thread to Renie Tongue out

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Sammya I am actually planning a meet, contacted Renie, keeping fingers crossed, care to help or participate?Laughing

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
9 years ago

@Datta- Ready to help as always.

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Cool Sammya had a talk with the inditeam, I am trying to look out for a suitable venue which is economical, any sugesstions?

I can suggest AAEI club at Ballygunje ....one of my friends arraged a private party there....the ambience is good ..the food delectable....Sammya please suggest other options..Moreover , we've to inform other bloggers ....it's important to know the number of people participating...Smile  

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Thanks Maniparna, can you please confirm their charges and the contact person, since its self sponsored the expenses are a concern here. Also Mani you can co-host the event with me if you want, I am already in touch with the inditeam regarding the matter hope it turns out successful

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Maniparna di..venue niye chap hobena, let's do it. Will have more people to join in. :) This has to work out really.

Datta Ghosh
Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Maniparna and Sammya had gone through some economical venues in the range of 5 to 10k if you people are up for cohosting then the meet will turn out to be great. Let's di this. Let's be the ever passionate kolkatans and make it happen

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I am from Kolkata but live in Bangalore now. Don't mind coming to Kolkata for a meet. Sowmyabrata has already posted a similar thread sometime back. I know some one else from Kolkata who wanted to organize one meet there. We only need sponsors there...Rennie please help Datta..let the next meet be in Kolkata

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Thanks Partha. Planning to organize a meet but on a smaller scale due to lack of sponsors. You are duly invited to join will keep you posted once it is finalized.

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Let Datta be the first blogger in Indi team from Kolkata...Datta ..congrats..Laughing

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

Agree Datta. This major metro & the cultural capital of India deserves better.

Some months ago, Sammya's thread echoed the enthusiasm & sentiments.

It will be wonderful to have an IB Meet in Kolkata. Looking forward to it!

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

thanks Anita, working hard to make it happen...Smile

Anita , can you attend this Bloggers' meet ? eager to met you...Smile

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

Yes Mani, will love to. Ditto! Will be wonderful to meet you & everyone Smile

Had had a tough time at my workplace. So much work presuure  Yell Thank God it's week end .... Well Datta ...will be happy to help you as much as I can...let me know about the developments ..range of 5k to 10 k....will try to gather some info to manage a venue  within this budget....How to pass the news among other Kolkata bloggers that we are going to arrange this ? any Idea guys ?

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Maniparna hope you don't me calling you Mani, I am fishing out some venues have shortlisted two, will cordinate aggressively this weekend once decided on topic, already done and venue, will again cordinate withthe inditeam and they will help regarding spreading the message, Need a lap top for the day of the meet though...anybody up for that? and also the meet will be around for 75 bloggers max as that's the budget I can afford without any sponsors singlehandedly.Smile

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Don't worry about numbers - the experience in other cities has been that in meets without sponsors the numbers rarely exceed 20-25. Most of the people who come, come for freebies, food and seeing celebrities. So they won't turn up for meets without these things. But the lack of quantity will be compensated by quality and true bonding. 

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Just eant

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Maniparna, I searched Indi for the blogs registered with location as "Kolkata", and the search says there are 1213 blogs registered with the keyword - "Kolkata" as their location http://www.indiblogger.in/citysearch.php?city=Kolkata. You people could try contacting some of these Kolkata based bloggers if they are interested, in your personal capacity, if the IndiTeam is not there with you people for the time being.

Letting others know, you people would spread the word, giving a chance for others, interested, to join you in the meet, and who knows, you might end up with a few sponsors too, apart from getting some helping hands to organize this.

Best of Luck! Laughing

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Thanks CK. Yes, I searched bloggers with keyword 'Kolkata' there are 1200 so, I am going by a pessimistic figure of 75. Just want to start a momentum of meets in the city. Hoping to get help from the inditeam once venue is decided. But even no sponsors, no city host, gonna make this meet happen and TF knowing what you say is kind of true I am relying on passionate Bengali bloggers.

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

I am relying on passionate Bengali bloggers.

Datta, there are many non-Bengali IndiBloggers too in & around Kolkata - within the city & even in the neighbouring cities like Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Ranchi etc...in Eastern India who are passionate about Blogging & IndiMeet Innocent

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

I think he meant bloggers based in bengalInnocent

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I just saw people discussing numbers and couldn't keep myself out of it. I checked the numbers as well. Delhi has 4413 bloggers compared to Kolkata's 1213. But that's not it, when you add the NCR region from where a lot of people attend the Delhi meets the number becomes even bigger. Gurgaon has 601, Noida has 468, Ghaziabad 156 and faridabad 122. That's not all in the last Indimeet I saw people who came from Dehradun,Muzzafarnagar and Meerut. 

So, if you see the answer is in the numbers. A meet in Delhi has a chance of contacting 5 times the number that in Kolkata. The aerlier mentioned points like sponsors and interest could be there but "reach" is also an important factor.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

My second point here is that just like NCR people who come for the Delhi meet, you all should also contact people from the neighbouring towns. This will increase your base and chances are more people are going to attend the meet and make it successful.

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
9 years ago

@Gaurab I'm not sure why you brought the figures in, did you mean that indi shouldn't conduct a meet in Kolkata because of the "reach"? Smile 

I'd say that since the reach is low, they should have done something in Kolkata so that it sets an example alright. Anyway my point is, the distribution should be equal across the country. We might start the trend with a self-initiated effort, but my sincere request to Renie and the indi team is to take it up from there. Cool

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

@Sammya - My first comment was a "perspective" in trying to understand why it is not taking place so that it could be rectified. If you read my second comment I have mentioned it there that how it could be helpful. 

The thing is it is not taking place in Kolkata is a fact and that's why this thread is there and since no official reason is there so I was just trying to figure the reasons. I think it should definitely take place in Kolkata and it really nice that you all are taking the responsibilty in your shoulders. Innocent

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Anita my apologies if I hurt you by Bengali I meant people living in Bengal. I am not much of a true Kolkata Bengali ND thanks for understanding. Gaurab stats don't matter intent matter thanks for the numbers but then again we start on a small scale then grow bigger Delhi didn't develop an active culture of meets in a day so let's start instead of thinking let's do this Oh Yes ABHI! Saying this nothing against Delhi North India is almost my native India is my native

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

I think he meant bloggers based in bengal

...by Bengali I meant people living in Bengal.... ND thanks for understanding.

@ND, @Datta, People based/living in Bengal are as much Bengali as those based/living in Punjab are Punjabi, Tamil Nadu are Tamil & Maharashtra are Marathi Innocent

Also, not all people living in India are Indians or Indian Citizens.

Luckily, all Bloggers registered with IndiBlogger are IndiBloggers (Nationality, State, City...no bar)! Smile

I feel we can count on 'Passionate IndiBloggers' mostly in Eastern india as an IndiMeet in Kolkata would attract/interest not only those from within Kolkata city & other cities like Durgapur, Siliguri, Darjeeling, Midnapur etc in W.Bengal state, but also from neighbouring states. (This happens in the case of audition-rounds for TV-Shows that are held in Kolkata!) Cool

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Anita, dear sweet heart, I didn't think so much before quoting passionate bengalis, home is where your heart is and my home will be the world as leave all we are all humans right? and I don't expect this meet to be that big to accomodate the people from neighbouring state though I am dying to do so but the reality, I have no sponsors and a limited budget of 8K and dear heart is going places just want people from all over India to come but then reality is its kind of lone battle but then will love to meet you keep your calendar and schedule free on the last weekend of June

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
9 years ago

Datta,  My reference to the participation of IndiBloggers from neighbouring cities & states was if Team IB conducts a fully-Sponsored IndiMeet here at Kolkata- just like the ones that happen in Mumbai & Delhi. Then, as it'll be the 1st such IndiMeet in Eastern India, it'll be 'big' & all IndiBloggers from this part of the world will be keen to attend, especially if as TF says, it involves "freebies, food and seeing celebrities." Innocent

But, if it's self-sponsored/organized & within budget-constraints, the Meet will be city-centric.

Wish this isn't a 'lone battle' & Team IB organizes one in Kolkata just like it has done in the other major metros...

Hoping for the best! Smile High time Kolkata has a Meet.

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Anita it's almost done and keeping fingers crossed to get the meet a bit bigger waited a bit too long for the sponsors just want the meet to happen finally and will make it happen as I said earlier will keep you all posted whole will try for sponsorship. But irrespective of that this meet will happen and we will have some good time

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Let's do this people. Let's do this. Let me know how can I help, I have been doing restaurant reviews...have contacts with some of them. I can take it up :)

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Sammya had talks with some banquet hall providers cheapest 5600+1200 for projector and screen any better deal and also will require a laptop for the day

Aparna Bose
Aparna Bose
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Hi! a meet in Kolkata would be wonderful... always a pleasure to connect with fellow bloggers..a meet will help to strengthen the bond further

Thanks Cyber Kid , Fool and others for responding enthusiastically in this discussion... I've contacted some bloggers whom I know personally..let's make this meet super awesome  Smile 

Datta Ghosh
Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Mani, Sammya, ND Gaurav, Anita, CK, TF thanks for the active participation planning to host an indimeet in the last week of June preferably on Sunday the topic will be on the lines of philosophical evolution of india. Any suggestions or preferred topics to be discussed is most welcome.Laughing

Amartya Talukdar
Amartya Talukdar
from Kolkata
9 years ago

we will have a meet soon

Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Yes we sure will have

1-20
21-25
LockSign in to reply to this thread