M For Mayawati and M for Memorial

Neerja Sharma
Neerja Sharma
from Noida
14 years ago

With the news channels and the papers flashing news of 'Behenji's', (as Madam Mayawati is popularly addressed or known in Uttar Pradesh), unabashedly spending public money on the revamp work of the memorial in honour of dalit leaders in Lucknow, I just think of the majority of Indian population living below the poverty line in our country.

My question to Madame Mayawati is that will erecting and installing larger than life images of the dalit leaders, with the best of sand stone, provide three meals a day to the large multitude of starving population of India or for that matter Uttar Pradesh? If the answer is yes, then I have no problems with her fanatical fantasy for fanciful images of the dalit leaders.

Building memorials is a very good thing, provided you have looked after the basic 'roti, kapdaa, and makaan' needs of the citizens of a country who pay their taxes for the same. It is shocking that a person who is so well versed with the condition of the poor in her own state can be so apathetic and turn a blind eye to all this.

My only suggestion to 'Behenji', that is if she wants one, is that the very people who have put all their faith and trust in you, because they thought you can do something for them, will not bat an eyelid and send you back where you came from the day they decide to do so.

Build schools, build homes, build a better future for the people of your country. They will not only bless you, but worship you as their God. Do your Karma, work for the benefit of the people, and let people decide whether you are worthy of a memorial of not. Stop beating your own trumpet, especially when the trumpet has nothing in it.

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Rohit
Rohit
from Mumbai
14 years ago

She no doubt is a good CM, and has really improved the condition of UP a lot. She's the one who fires the most number of corrupt officials from her govt. God knows why she has such a craze for her bday and statues, except I think she's a lot better than the other politicians out there

Neerja Sharma
Neerja Sharma
from Noida
14 years ago

Personally, I have nothing against her and in fact felt that she had the courage to do something for the people of her state, but I find her acting like a typical victim of power gone to head. It is a pity that she is letting her energy, and calibre going waste on such mundane and small issues whereas the country is reeling under so many internal and external threats.

LockSign in to reply to this thread