Blog visitors

Aditya Jha
Aditya Jha
from New Delhi, India
9 years ago

Hi guys, I know this topic must have been posted numerous of times on this forum but I'm not asking for unlegitimate ways or to gaining fake visitors to my blog. 

I was just wondering how could I make my blog more search engine vibrant. Also, is it beneficial to have a domain (.com) or .blogspot.in works fine? 

I had a chat with one of the members around here and he was telling me about some Google form (?) which can help make our website/blog more search-engine friendly. 

Please do let me know if there's anything at all that can be done. Right now, I get about 500-700 viewing Per Month, which is very low as compared to the viewing that some other members get around here but this isn't no competetion. At the end of the day, I want my piece to reach as many readers as it can and if any thing can be done, I'd be glad. 

Also, I got my adsense approved few months ago but it has proved to be amazingly non-efficient. I've heard that adsense is not for Indian bloggers, are they other ad agencies that may help Indian bloggers?

Looking forward to your help. Cheers! :-)

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Aditya, I came here to give my 1.5 cents but got greedy as I opened your profile... and now you sort out my query, how to be Indihero? [greedy smile]

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Anunoy-IndiHero Badge was given to all those who wrote about a Indimeet after attending Smile....If you happen to attend any Indimeet in future and blog your expirence of the meet...You also may get one Laughing

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Aditya my three cents after Anunoys 1.5 cents.  You have to move your blogspot to custom domain.  It really raking the moolah.  Also your ad placements are terribly wrong.  It is wrong to says that adsense doesnt work with Indian people.  I have friends who cater only to Indian audience and are making sufficient money. Get you adsense placements optimised and get a tld domain.  

But check if you have a hosted adsense account so you need not apply for adsense again

Aditya Jha
Aditya Jha
from New Delhi, India
9 years ago

@Vijay - cheers Vijay for the feedback. As for the custom domain, 2 bloggers in my family use it (.com) and yet they aren't getting satisfactory viewership - around 300-400 per month, any idea why?

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Aditya, it's all not about custom domains and such things. There are actually hundreds of bloggers who do get hundreds of thousands of pageviews on blogspot.com domain.

What you need is to work on your blog and content. Apart from that, you need to indulge with fellow bloggers. Visiting other blogger's blogs and building rapport is a good thing. This can help you build a reader base, that will help you get through and achieve what you want. Just don't be disheartened and continue working on your blog. Also, if your blog is new, you'll have to accept that your blog will take time to achieve readership. Like, for example, when I started blogging, the first month got me ~1000 pageviews. This number dwindled for the first couple of months. But, as I hanged on, this number gradually increased to ~1500, ~2000, and it's close to 4K now. Though, it's still not something that one could and should boast of, but, I can say that this is a number that I have achieved over months.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Aditya regarding views CK is correct it is the content which is the king.  You put up a viral content and your blog visits will surge.

Regarding custom domains if you search for a term and google throws up two results one custom TLD and other blogspot what would you choose.  Readers prefer custom domain as they trust it more than blogspot domain.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Yes Vijay, you're very right with the custom domain preference. Infact, when I wasn't a blogger, I myself had an inclination towards the search results with custom domains over blogspot.com domains. I, myself, have got a custom domain for my blog, for that very reason. But, we do have a lot of successful blogs with blogspot.com domain running, with a number of examples, already in front of us.

Aditya Jha
Aditya Jha
from New Delhi, India
9 years ago

Cheers guys for the help. :) I've been writing for about a year now and readership is not my concern for the sake of it but I sure would appreciate if my content reaches more readers. As I mentioned on the first post, someone was telling me about some Google form(?) to increase visitors, any idea?

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I don't really think there is a form like that, because Google won't go asking people to visit people's blogs, nor will it advertise for free for our blogs/websites to reach the masses. Maybe, the form, "that someone" told you was the URL Submission form which is available here. This page allows you to submit your blog's address, to let the Google Bots know that there exists your blog too, and this helps google bots find your blog faster, which in turn shows your blog/posts in search results, thus getting you organic traffic.

You can use a number of other free search engine submission sites to submit your blog to the dozens of search engines in one go. Googling for Search Engine Submission will yield a lot of results. Try some, if you already have not done so.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

CK That someone was Vijay and that form was by Matt.  CoolMatt created a form and asked people to submit why their site should be ranked higher than the current ones...

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Ranjith you are a genius Smile

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

Ranjith is a super genius. One day soon, he will get a job in Google, believe me! Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Vijay Anant Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Who is Vijay Anant Frown

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Vijay and Anant ;)

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

:))

Aditya Jha
Aditya Jha
from New Delhi, India
9 years ago

Cheers for your help, CK. :) While we're on the subject, I was wondering - which other ad networks are worth trying out apart from adsense and infolinks, both of which haven't proved fruithful for me. I'll appreciate some help. :)

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago
Cyber has no dedicated essay regarding ad networks. You can point your query to Vijay Prabhu. My 0.02$ is that Adsense is the best ad network and if it isn't working out, no other CPC ad network probably would because as far as I know, Adsense has the highest eCPM rates. Now if you have a decent visitor count and still Adsense has proved a failure of sorts, then you should definitely look out for CPM networks like Tribal Fusion, Casale Media etc. But if visitor count is low (like my website), then monetization opportunities are very less, coming in the form of sponsored posts or writing for other blogs and websites. If you wish, you can create an entirely new forum post for this question as many bloggers might not reach this mini thread under this main thread.
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Aditya Anant is right, Adsense offer the best rates of all Ad agencies. Other ad agencies offer a pittiance of what Adsense offers

Anyways you can try out qadabra, edomz (they pay daily now), Chitika or clicksorCool  All these dont need any criteria whereas madads needs below 500000 alexa rank and Media.net needs below 500000 alexa.  Tribal Fusion needs 500000 visitors per month and Casale Media needs most visitors from USA/Europe Tongue out

Aditya Jha
Aditya Jha
from New Delhi, India
9 years ago

Cheers Vijay and DD. :)

As for adsense, my uncle has a approved adsense account and he tried to add it on his blog  - http://anoopjha.blogspot.in/. Everything is working fine, while I log in to his account, I can see the ads appearing in the adsense WIDGET but as you can see, they do not appear on the blog, any idea why?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Aditya your uncle may be having a hosted adsense account so it will work only on the approved blog that is anoopjha and not other sitesUndecided

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

you already have applied for an adsense which was not approved.

Then google clearly says that an approved adsense account must not be related to an account which was rejected in any way.

may be thats the reason.

LockSign in to reply to this thread