Blatant copyright violation of creativity and photographs

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

If a blogger steals our post we call it plagarism but what if the contest organisers themselves steal ideas from our post???

No this has not happened on Indiblogger but on another platform.  Earlier they used my images in #Malasiajao contest (their own ad page) without my permission and provided me with backlinks.  Now they have stolen an idea from the post I had written for a similar contest on indi.  This is ridiculous.  I commented on the article here  pointing out to the same but they deleted the comment.  

I then posted the comment on their FB page and to my surprise they deleted it too. Bloggers kindly advise me as to further action I should take against them.

The point is if they have not stolen the idea why are they deleting my comments

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Maybe, you need to escalate the issue! Bring it to the notices of people. If there's a forum, create a thread there, and grab people's attention. If they are doing, they need to stop it, and tender an apology, at least. People need to know, a platform, which in itself is acting in a way to promote plagiarism.

Even when we are using their platforms, it doesn't give them any right to use our content without our permission, unless, it's stated explicitly in their TOS, which we need to agree before using the platform.

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Ck,My comments are getting deleted every where soon after I post.....

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Create threads, if they have any forum.

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Quite unfortunate... Sigh....

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Hi PariKnitha, we really appreciate your entry in our previous competition entitled "Travel smart with skyscanner" . We received many entries and most centred around the functions/features which was great. Your post was very well received and we thank you again. In this current competition however, we are asking bloggers to tell us how they would plan a full travel itinerary with a specified budget of RS 1 lakh.  It's quite a different angle and so we don't agree that we have plagiarised your content which was answering our original concept of "travelling smart".  We have gone through your post and there is no mention of a budget constraint either. We are very sorry you feel wronged and we are grateful you took part in our competition. We thank you once again and look forward to your continued support. thanks The skyscanner team

knitha.urs
knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I said they lifted Idea from my post and This is what the reply I get them...

LockSign in to reply to this thread