Trying to shift to wordpress from blogger

Anju
Anju
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Hi IndiBlogger, I recently got myself a domain at wordpress.com only later to realise that I cannot successful redirect from my blog on Blogger to wordpress.com. Hence I added my wordpress account too on IndiBlogger.Do u have any advice on how I can navif=gate this?

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

There are a number of plugins to import blogs from other platforms to Wordpress.

Once you have installed Wordpress on your hosting and can access your dashboard, you can try navigating to: www.youddomainname.com/wp-admin/import.php. (Replace yourdomainname.com with your wp blog's domain name.) This page can be accessed from your WP Dashboard > Tools > Import.

This page will give you options of a number of plugins to import blogs from a number of blogging platforms:

Once you select the platform of your current blog, you can install the plugin to begin importing the blog.

I hope this will let you import your blogger blog to WP easily.

Ahh! My first ever WP tutorial.  :P

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Once you start installation, by clicking the Install now button, you'll get this screen.

Once the installation is complete, you can click on Activate Plugin and Run Importer link to start the process of importing the blogger blog.

Just be informed that this process doesn't import the comments, themes and widgets from your blogger blog. Your new WP blog will not have any comments already available on your blogger posts.

Anju
Anju
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Hi Thanks CyberKid, I already imported my blog on wordpress.com. Later realized that I can not use plugins to redirect traffic from my old blog to wordpress.com. 

All the articles I read show how to redirect traffic to wordpress.org. 

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Oops! Seems I misunderstood the question. Apologies! Foot in mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

CK Now copy this tutorial to your blog Tongue out

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Blogger does not allow 301 or 302 redirects to external sites.

But you can use a JavaScript redirect ( which is not as good as 301/302 from SEO viewpoint - link juice doesn't pass with JS redirects )

See this : http://www.labnol.org/internet/switch-from-blogger-to-wordpress/9707/ tutorial for instructions to do JS redirects.

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

You don't even need jQuery; vanilla JS will work fine...

<a id="link" href="http://example.com">Go NOW!!!</a>

JS:

window.setTimeout(function() {
location.href = document.getElementsByClassName("user_register border_y")[0].getElementsByTagName("a")[0].href;
}, 2000);

you can add after how many seconds you want to move , you can actually post a picture saying you have moved and will be automatically redirected 

LockSign in to reply to this thread