Websites opening on refreshing once or twice! Please help :(

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Hello friends, as I informed of my new machine in the other post, it is loaded with win 8.1 (yes not original off course, provided by good vendor free of cost). Now whenever I am typing an url in browser, be it chrome or firefox the webpage is not loading in first instance and on refreshing the page once or twice it is opening perfectly. I tried to reinstall firefox and chrome but the problem is still persisting! I'm using wifi from my bsnl modem. Anything relevant to my problem please ask me. I'm finding this trivial yet too irritating specially when in hurry [sad]

Problems update:

and I observed one more thing, images hosted on others servers which I've directly linked to my blog (my own images only) are not being displayed in my blog!!!

and, on opening any website 2nd time it's loading perfectly, so why this first time drama?

when I'm trying to do online transaction, on clicking 'pay/'buy' the page doesn't load and I'm getting error message. It's loading after I refresh but as you know in some transactions like irctc such opportunities of refreshing won't be possible and who knows in some transaction it can cause a double-payment!  Sigh........

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: Problems adding up slowly
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
9 years ago
Yes that's happening with few of my friends too...change the .com to .in
Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

Stephen, he is not talking of his own blog but talking of websites in general. All websites do not have .in available. Smile

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Yes Stephen what Anant said is true [sad]

Stephen
from Raleigh
9 years ago
Ok my bad! I read it wrong ;) I hope your issue gets resolved soon.
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

May be you should buy original WIndows Foot in mouth

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

NO MONEY RAJNI-Man [sigh]

I don't think it's due to non-genuine windows. Think Rajni think and show me the way [dependent grin]

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

oh come on there are solutions for everything 

just keep windows essentials with you

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

OK sir

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

There is no reason such an issue won't appear on original Windows either. 

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
9 years ago

You are using Windows 8.1 which is not original and then too you do online transactions?? No cracked software in the world comes without a virus so handle with care or better switch to Linux if you can' afford to buy a license for you else you might repent later.Coming back to your problem, your internet is slow might be coz of connectivity or  the infections in your computer

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

No my bsnl is workingly perfectly fast right now when I'm encountering these problems. Btw do you think I can handle and learn to use linux being a windows user since last 13 years?

Pallavi
Pallavi
from Delhi/Mumbai
9 years ago

So, I am not a techie at all. In fact, I have a theory that I am magical because I miraculously crash all my devices. Got a MacBook Air thinking at least that would be safe, but nope, that crashes too. This problem intrigued m ethough and I did a bit online digging. A common suggestion I noted was disabling anti-virus protection system. Not sure if that is a good idea for obvious reasons but this seems to have worked for most people. This is the link I was reading up on: http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/33778-windows-8-1-not-loading-some-random-websites-correctly.html There are some other suggestions there too. Hope something works out for you soon. 

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Thanks Pallavi... I read your link but I think my problem is bit different [smile]

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Anant, you can try looking for some free Live Linux Distros. These can be downloaded over the internet, extracted/burned on a CD/DVD and using one of these, you can get a taste of a Linux OS. Once you are successful with this, you can try checking the issue over the bundled browser.

A few Live Distros worth mention:

1. Knoppix

2. Puppy Linux

3. GRML based on Debian Linux

Since you are booting using a Live USB/CD/DVD, you need to set the Boot Device Priority accordingly from the BIOS of your computer. The linux will load the files from the USB/CD/DVD in to the RAM and thus, no files on your HDD will be changed. Plus, the sizes of these are pretty small, so, you can easily download one quite quickly.

The best part is - you can actually use one of these when you need to rescue your system (Even Windows) from severe virus infections/system file corruption, if you know how to go through it.

In some cases, like for Banking websites and IRCTC, it could be due to improper installation of JRE (Java Runtime Environment). You can download and install the latest version from https://java.com/en/download/index.jsp.

Will dig for the other issues.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Oh, forgot to mention, if possible for you to share some error screenshots with us, it would be helpful in zeroing in on the problem.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Oops, it was Anunoy. Seems I'm missing Anant a lot. Tongue out

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Something just clicked. Maybe, this is a problem beyond software? Maybe, the hardware? Ever faced a dying mouse? Most face issues with the left button, the one most used. Laptop trackpads are not safe either, not even new ones.

Ofcourse, I'm assming that being a laptop user, you, like most others (I'm an exceptionTongue out) don't use a separate mouse. If yes, you can try with a separate mouse to see if this resolves the issue.

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

You don't need to miss me anymore Cyber, I was back a couple of days ago but had since realized my addiction to Inditalk, so kept away from it. Tongue out

Regarding Anunoy's problem, if even downgrading, updating or reinstalling Windows does not work, then I think he is game for Ubuntu too. I don't know why since switching to Ubuntu, I have become a sort of evangelist for this Linux distro pushing its propaganda anywhere and everywhere I go.

Anunoy, if nothing works, the only 2 choices you'll have are either moving to Ubuntu (or other Linux distro) or shall I keep quiet, buying a Macbook. Wink 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I'm also an exception - a UsesMouseException. Smile

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

I use an external mouse too. Exception overload. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Exception chained Tongue out

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

Exception intercepted. Tongue out

I think we should stop it here before the mini thread gets deleted and Anunoy is not able to gather help from our essay writer. Yell

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

ok.

exceptions caught.

over. Laughing

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Ok, here comes the exception manager to handle all unhandled exceptions. CoolSealed

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

Well I don't know much of OOPS, but can we catch exceptions without a try? If not, how can it be over Ranjith? Yell

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Anant over was for the chat. Foot in mouth

ok 

try {

chat();

} catch (IPArrivalException e) {

kill();

} finally {

archiveOnWebArchive();

}

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

What a non-coder would decipher from your code.

"When Ranjith tried to chat, IP arrived as an exception, Ranjith caught and killed IP and then finally archived the entire episode on web." Kiss

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

see this is what occurred when I tried to install java environment. And flash player is not getting installed too, giving an error message at around 80% installation phase!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Annunoy What did you do to this page? Surprised

When you want to paste image from google image searcg, first click on it so that it comes in focus ( where the details of the image are shown ) then copy that image Wink

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Oh Rajni, I was trying to provide the error message screenshot for JRE  [blushing]

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Anunoy, image link broken :|

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Anant kill() is IP killed thread. Sealed

Now don't say that an IllegalStateException will be thrown if I  archiveOnWebArchive() after kill() Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

AS You copied that screenshot from Google Image Search or from somewhere else? 

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

Ranjith, he received the error message while installing JRE, that means he took a screenshot, saved it and then copied and pasted it. I don't think he would have used Google image search. Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

AS fast fast post your screenshot. i will create a blog post with a solution to your problem, publish it on my blog and share the link here Tongue out

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Rajni, then I don't think you can wait for me this session as I'm downloading dropbox [so much to do!]

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

AS Now why are you downloading dropbox? Innocent Simply create an account on dropbox.com and upload it to their online site :| Or upload to picasaweb.google.com 

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Again the screenshot wasn't pasted.... nooooo I'm trying to put the saved image from my hdd... don't know how to put it here in IB [saddddddddddd]

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

AS Upload the screenshot to dropbox / picasa and copy paste it from there on ib forum...

like this Tongue out

Meghana
Meghana
from Bangalore
9 years ago

And why is sidebar and footer of this thread, interchanged? This seems to be problem with only this thread.

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
9 years ago

Though seriously I don't know, I'll blame it on Ranjith's coding in a comment. Cool

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Yes, I also noticed this yesterday. I thought it was some local problem with my browser.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Anant No, it is because of AS's broken image. Tongue out

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

feels good to know I could change IB template yappy [grin]

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

AS bro you prob solved.  It has nothing to do with your machine it is because of bsnl broadband

Faced a similar problem in march, did every thing but only the page used to load no images sometimes only gmail would open.  It is because of network ok get the wireman to fix you line

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

VP, good thing is, after I disabled ethernet, surfing through plain wifi is giving no trouble as of now. Hope it remains trouble free for quite a sometime till I learn ubuntu (yes, I'm downloading it). Any idea how to put a password to my wifi as anybody otherwise from adjacent houses can connect to my wifi and slow down my speed? [compromised smile]

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

You can do it both from the wifi cpanl or windows security,  For ubuntu the wifi cpanel is best bet.  The cpanl ip will be on the underside of your wifi router

hope this helps

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

VP you know how stupid I'm... so please enumerate it stepwise [ashamed]

LockSign in to reply to this thread