Wierd HTML problem

Kapil Chauhan
Kapil Chauhan
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

Hey CyberKid, thanks for the reply. I even bungled up my query here. It was not supposed to be that long and unclear. 

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: The query was unclear! Apologies.
Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

That is the baap of all essays. Tongue out

Maybe, you'd like to copy the code from excel to notepad and copy and paste it from there to blogger template/widget.

BTW you chose a cumbersome task of typing quotes. Kudos to you that you had so much patience. Sealed

I'll try checking the code.Tongue out

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Kapil, this seriously has to do with the quotes and double quotes you have used. 

You are supposed to enclose non JavaScript code within quotes. Once you close the quotes, Javascript processes the stuff outside of quote as code, and hence fails.

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Kapil, the change makes your thread completely irrelevant. Please describe the issue, so that if it's still not resolved, people could help you with it.

Kapil Chauhan
Kapil Chauhan
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

Cyberkid, I tried to make the thread clear, but it doesn't allow me to. For ex. I thought of removing the second part of the code essay but this part doesn't show during edit here. So, I thought of not bothering anyone.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

But, you can still describe the problem, and can post the code somewhere and give a link here. Removing it completely can't help you or let anyone else help you.

Maybe, you can upload a text file containing the code on Google Docs and share the link here.

Kapil Chauhan
Kapil Chauhan
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

Can't do that from the office. Will surely give it a try from home tonight.

By the way, I am trying to remove all excess double inverted commas, as you suggested. Maybe that'll resolve the issue.

Thanks for your help, mate!

Kapil Chauhan
Kapil Chauhan
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

Alright, removing the excess double inverted commas helped. Do you think more than one semicolon can also create an issue.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Yes. When not within quotes, semicolons are treated as a part of the code, used to terminate a Javascript statement.

Kapil Chauhan
Kapil Chauhan
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

Thanks CyberKid for helping me sort this out!!

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

:D

LockSign in to reply to this thread