Motul India stole my picture

Motul ?? Ehh, What is that ??

Motul is a French company, now worldwide, which creates, develops and distributes lubricants for engines (motorcycles, cars and other vehicles) and for the industry.

What happened ??

Back in 2013, I pulished an article over Yamaha R15 coolent replacement.

Link -> http://nexgenbikes.com/site/2013/04/17/when-and-how-to-replace-the-coolant-or-radiator-fluid-of-yamaha-yzf-r15/

Notice the picture, second last in the article..

But today I see, Motul India, editied the picture and used it in their facebook page without my authorization or mentioning the original credit..

https://www.facebook.com/motulindia/photos/pb.179262582121760.-2207520000.1406573408./718088574905822/?type=1&theater

Feeling stunted to find such giant organizations indulge indulge this type of copyright infringement..

Cry

Now what ?

Does anyone know how to complain to facebook ??

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: Question added
Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Why don't you mail them instead and earn some bucks? Think about it biker.... offcourse, unless you're too sentimental to sell your photographs [grin]

Why don't you mail them instead

I have already sent them emails, but I wonder if they would respond..

earn some bucks? Think about it biker....

Please explain in little details..

offcourse, unless you're too sentimental to sell your photographs

I wonder if they dont response, in that case I wont have any option apart from asking for third party judgement, that's facebook as the picture is posted there only..

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Aare bhai, paati kothay dhamki dao.... soja chiThite lekho, apnara bina anumoti te chobita use korechen... er sothik mulyo na dile ainer sahajhyo nite badhyo hobo, through legal notice against motul India. Janiyo ki bollo....

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Sue them thru copyright infringement act you may get out of court settlement

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Contact Knitha for further guidanceInnocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

:))

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Knitha Legal Consultancy Services Shivaji Nagar , Bangalore 

Guess they have removed them now...can't see it

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

yes, same here. I went to check the image, finally, and it isn't available on FB Anymore! Any update, Hunky? Did they apologize or something?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Knitha ka naam sunte hi darr gaye honge Tongue out

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Exactly VP @!

@CK..

They have accepted the guilt and took down the post after apologizing !!!

Today I find they have shared another of my article, but this time with original credit given !!

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

You should really send them a legal notice Undecided

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

It's great that they have actually accepted the mistake and apologized. Otherwise, like BA did in case of Knitha, they might have gone to justify it. :P

Still, did they ask for your permission before doing so? :-/

Though, it's not that bad, because this'll get you page views via their page, and it's actually good for your blog.Tongue out

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I am preparing a second email which I would be sending out to them within a day or two..

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

come on sue them , send them a notice

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Remember the golden rule bro, anything negotiated out of court-kacchhari is more beneficial for Aam aadmis like us... Try what I said before.... nahole kichu hobeto nai sudhu sudhu nijer energy nosTo... poysao....

LockSign in to reply to this thread