Question regarding IndiRank

Farhan Kazi
Farhan Kazi
from Pune
9 years ago

Greetings, I created my account last month as I was curious to know how well my blog is doing. I just checked my ranking & it shows 76 so is it bad or good?

Warm regards, Farhan.

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: spelling error :(
Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Its good Farhan Cool

Farhan Kazi
from Pune
9 years ago

Thanks, How can I improve my rank ?

Infact its great I think.. In new system, 75+ is very good rank I suppose..:P

knitha.urs
from Bangalore
9 years ago

74+

Farhan Kazi
Farhan Kazi
from Pune
9 years ago

Thanks for the help guys 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

The way I see ranks is... they always must make you wonder how to get to a rank higher than the one that you currently hold.

The current benchmark of 74 is probably to help sponsors reach out to the more consistent bloggers. So this doesn't mean that having a lower rank means you are a bad blogger... or conversely, if you have a higher rank you are an excellent blogger. It just means that you are a consistent blogger who also has the good fortune to have a reasonable number of readers and who is doing a lot of things right that helps your blog cross this benchmark.

Please do correct me if I'm utterly wrong.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

So who is a good blogger I wonder Innocent

Rohit Sharma
from Delhi
9 years ago

In my opinion if you are a good blogger then you won't give a damn about the rankings. Its just a score and I don't think that we are still in school where getting bad score means you are a bad student.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

x1

I'm not sure that is entirely true. My blog, for example, is all over the place in terms of topics covered.I blog as 4 different personalities on the same blog.

I also am not a frequent blogger, managing about 2 posts a month. I don't have too many readers and commenters either. I also blog from outside India and my more regular readers (all of 3 of them) are based outside India. So from an sponsors (I'm not sure what they are sponsoring) standpoint I don't stand a chance. If advertising potential is the answer to the current conundrum then I'm fully expecting some one at Indiblogger to check me out soon in detail and bump me down to a 50 something.In fact I submitted an IndiOne request so this may happen sooner rather than later Smile

On the other hand, I think my blog is neatly laid out, the content has consistent quality (consistently unreadable) , the writing is grammatically correct (most of the time) and it doesn't crawl with flashing adverts. I'm also not given to entering contests. I've read some of the winning posts and have been positively underwhelmed.

I did check my readability index with some of the online evaluators and they say a 6th-Grader in the US school system should be able to read my blog.

LockSign in to reply to this thread