Do we visit again to see the reply to our comment on a blogpost ?

We commnets on lot of blogposts in our daily life, but do we visit them the next or the same day to check the reply of Blog owner on it  ?

1-20
21-25
Replies 1 to 20 of 25 Descending
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Depends on a lot of factors, I mean for me. But, I've seen a very few bloggers who do it religiously [Smile]

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Depends on a lot of factors

+1

If I have asked a question when I do keep an eye to check, for the reply..

Siddharth Muzumdar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

@AS - I am one of them.. :)

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Siddharth, let others to the honor, why to play your own harmonica...  [grin]

Siddharth Muzumdar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Koi baat nahi... bade bade shehron mein aisi choti choti baatein hoti rehti hai .. :D

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Wo bhi sahi bole aapne Siddharthsaab  [Bollywoody smile]

Siddharth Muzumdar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Haha... Apna ishtyle hai.. :D

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I defintely do it on most of my favorite blogs. Smile 

Yes. I always do that.

how do u get time ?Innocent

how do u get time ?Innocent

Siddharth Muzumdar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

@AJ - If you have the time to write, you certainly have the time to read...

+1 Sid M

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I know it's a bit tedious but in some posts where you are looking for a reply, you can follow it through mail. Smile

I wouldn't advise following through email, especially if it is a popular blog as you would be bombarded with the responses of others Tongue out

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

You can do it for a day a two till you receive a reply but yes your point is valid. Innocent

yeah I too agree with NSV...

Siddharth Muzumdar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I totally agree with Gaurab even though there is the risk of getting bombarded with mails. The reason is that if you like a post enough to express your opinion on it, then it would also behoove you to read how the post impacted others. When others comment, you would get an email notification, which gets aggregated in Google. So at the end, though you may have 25 mails, they show up as just one. Once you click that, you can read all the comments made by people that will give you an idea of what others thought of the post. It might even give you an idea for a new post on your own blog. That's how Gawker and Medium were set up !!!

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I do it sometimes. Most of the bloggers seem to be a bit slow in replying/approving the comments.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Hey Ajeet, checkout and comment on my photo blog... your comments will be posted instantly and I'll get back to them within 12-48 hours [Wink]

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Ajeet, you're a good visitor I must say [buttering Grin]

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Tongue out I was thinking of submitting some of my clicks on your blog. Especially, ones from Bada Imambara, Lucknow.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Just realized that we are hijacking the thread and deviating the topic. Tongue outMoney mouth

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Do it cyborg...do it [Grinding the cigar wala grin]

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

N/A - I don't comment Tongue out

seriously..Surprised

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Rajni, be liberal buddy and give joy to others.... [businessman smile]

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Tongue out

Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
9 years ago

Yes, I do. What is blogging without meaningful interaction?

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Exactly Saru [Smile]

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

You're right... and we need to speak our mind out after reading a post.

Yup!

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

By the way, my blog informs me by email the moment there is a comment or a reply or any sort of interaction... and so I make it a point to go and read the comment and reply as soon as I can.

I guess those who do not reply could be because they have not primed their blogs to inform them. So what happens is that if there is a post written a month back, a blogger wouldn't go checking every post of his to see if there is a new comment. With my blog, however, a comment even on a post written 5 years ago gets sent to me as an email.

Arvind Sir I am not asking when someone comments on your blog and you reply.

What my concern is when you comment on someone else blog, then do you visit it again and check if the blog owner has replied to your comment.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

@Ankit... The comments section on my blog sends an email not just to me but also to the person who has commented... and when I reply, an email with this info goes again to the concerned person.

Now this is what I expect on other blogs... it is the blog's duty to inform me that there is a reply to my comment. Look at it this way... I may be commenting on tens of posts daily and I cannot really keep going back to those blogs every day just to see if a reply is there or not. To take another example... if I comment on your blog and you reply after a week (for some valid reason)... do you expect me to keep going on your blog every day just to check if you've replied or not? This sounds unfair, doesn't it? But if I get an email from your blog informing me that there has been a reply to my comment, I will surely click and reach out... so you benefit by getting another visit from me.

Bloggers need to ensure that they take care of their visitors... and not expect visitors to pamper them. :)

Perfectly put forward Arvind Sir..Smile

On most WP blogs, there is an option to follow the comment you just made, which would send you an email if anyone responds to your comment, IF you comment while signed in on your WP blog. I turn that off because I have multiple email ids and can do with less "notifications". However, WP also winks an orange indicator at me when I sign in on my blog. I then go and check out the comment.

Of course the Blogger / Blogspot thing is different. I find the comments feature there very annoying and WP won't give me a glowing orange indicator if I make a comment on one of these blogs. So I have to manually check.

And, yes I do go back and check. Saru Singhal said it. What's a blog without interaction? Recently traffic to my blog has jumped fantastically. However, comments have not. That is a disappointment to me. I want to have a conversation. I don't care for meaningless traffic numbers without interaction.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

"Of course the Blogger / Blogspot thing is different. I find the comments feature there very annoying"- WTH! See Sharmaji, no one must bash my blogspot [Guarded smile]

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I made this point in the starting of the thread only that you must follow the comments through email, that's the best option. Cool

I always do it and many serious bloggers do it. Innocent

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

"must follow the comments"- this 'must' sounds too rigid isn't it? [confused smile]

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

"must" here goes with the full statement and is not just directed to "follow the comments" Wink The purpose of the must is simple because if you want to follow the comments in blogger/blogspot then it is the only valid option. 

or you can remember all the blogs you commented and then follow them individually by going to the required post for checking the comments. "Seems tedious" Tongue out

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Oh ok...

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

sometimes I do.. sometimes I dnt .. not every time I expect a reply not every time I feel like to give a reply .. coz many a times it seems very much formal .. I like discussions on genuine issues not just thank u,  wel come .. glad to see u here .. and bla bla bla

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Exactly.... you can't always have an extended conversation... nor is it necessary [Smile]

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

Anunoy .. hi fi Wink

Abhishek
Abhishek
from Allahabad
9 years ago

If you use Disqus to comment on blogs, it notfies you either by email or by a notification (no matter which site you are visiting).

Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

I seriously dislike this Disqus feature .. its  very much cumbersome .. many times when I liked the post very much and I wanted to say something but this silly feature stopped me ..

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

The vital fact here is... visit blogs... read posts written by others... write comments that are analytical... and make sure that your blog has a reply system in place. :)

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Absolutely +1.... but regarding "write comments that are analytical", I feel even a small phrase marking the presence of someone's visit is a good fuel for my blogging [Smile] 

Subroto
Subroto
from Brisbane
9 years ago

Sure I do.  It's nice to see people respond, but whether it leads to greater interaction is debatable.  And I leave comments that may be considered facetious.Tongue out

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Even a mere token presence by way of a 'I loved reading your post' is good enough... after all, not everyone can write tomes in comments. And not everyone is interested in analysis. Most of us are actually learning.

Keep leaving them....

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I do keep tab on the comments posted by me on my fav subject economics and politics Tongue out  Other than that no tabs just Hero Honda style

Open it

Write it

Forget it Foot in mouth

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

What is hero honda style Undecided never heard of it.Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Posting a comment and running away on a hero honda even before the blog owner notices ir Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

CK HH's very old ad sloganWink

Ranjith yesLaughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Laughing

Look, I'm an old man and my blog was on Blogger at one time. Once I discovered WP, boom, I could not wait to get off.

oh wait my plane is here, bye for now....

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Wondering what's there in WP  [scratching, itching, bruising the scalp]

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

One think is for sure that the wordpress commenting system is really wonderful, hundred times better than the default blogspot commenting system. 

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Blogspot rocks blogspot rocks blogspot rocks............... [One man army march]

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

Blogspot rocks blogspot rocks blogspot rocks...............Cool

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Thanks for supporting Deka!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

i''m supporting blogspotCool

Blogspot rocks blogspot rocks blogspot rocks

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I have blogs in both the platforms hence I could actually tell the difffernce. Tongue out And I will win whichever side wins Tongue out 

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Yes Deka, it was a 'thank you' from blogspot's desk only....

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Narasimha Hi5....

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Gaurab, for the sake of personal safety join blogspot troop for now [Churchill's chuckle]

Curious to know how a Churchill's Chuckle would look like Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

http://mooselicker.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/winston-churchill-smoking-cigar.jpg Tongue out

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Kids always looking for "chance pe dance" [Sigh].....

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Innocent

What's there? Better themes, with better fonts, better layouts. ok - the widgets are a wee bit disappointing, but they are not cluttery and they match the theme (for the freebie Wordpress.com WP). If you are on a self-hosted WP then you have a much better choice of widgets.

Comments - way better than forcing the G+ id. 

Ultimately - I tried both and like Wordpress and find blogger / blogspot 'nnoying!

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Blogspot Rocks ;)

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

I'm not going to change it in a decade.... not even in the next either... just little afraid to use the 'never'.... Sigh.... I find themes, fonts, widgets, commenting etc in blogspot sufficient to meet my needs... and yes, who's forcing g+ on you???

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

I wont change it either 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

blogspot dont force g+...its optional

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I actually have blogs in both the platform and can say WP commenting system is better. Tongue out Though I will win whichever side wins Tongue out

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Its like Orkut and Facebook..

People graduate from Orkut and then for higher, they turn to facebook, just like that, Blogspot is highschool, where as WP can be graduation, master, ph and so on..

There is nothing as simple as wordpress, yet there is nothing which is as customizable as wordpress...

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

You can customize Blogger too, as much as you want. For doers, sky is the limit, literally. :P

For someone like me who's been studying at both the schools (blogger and self hosted WP), it appears blogger is more of an easy platform to use. I don't know how and why people think WP to be better at customization, flexibility and ease of use.

Agreed that you need to get your hands dirty (really filthy) with blogger to get your work done the way you want, with blogger, have to go beyond the limits of a regular blogger who wants to just blog, that's it! But then, for such a blogger, WP too is limited.

During my journey through WP, taking a deeper than usual dive into the insides of WP, I learnt that doing things as simple as inserting your custom HTML, JavaScript and CSS code into one of your posts as I've been doing in my blogger blog, is a mammoth task in WP. Maybe, I don't know the right way to do it, but, I found this quite an annoying thing that I can't format my blogpost as I want. For doing so, I'll have to go deeper and make changes to a global stylesheet that manages my WP blog's formatting, or create a new one separately. Again, Wordpress (self hosted one) gives you the flexibility to do whatever you want, then again, you need to know basic world wide web coding languages including HTML, Javascript, CSS, PHP etc. If you know all these, you can get most of the stuff done in blogger as well.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Majority who goes for modification, doesn't seems to be in Blogger !!

If the community, which actually modify their blog beyond everyday tasks of common blogger, seems to prefer WP way more than they work under Blogger..

WP is the choice :P

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Hunky, but what about the simple tasks that blogger allows and WP doesn't?:-/

Like inserting your own HTML, CSS and Javascript code in your blog post, formatting the post the way you want, and also like copying and pasting the formatted text from MS Word to blogpost?

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

@CK..

Basic feature you said is also present in WordPress..

Check their posting pane, it allows you to switch between HTML and rich text editing format on fly also it sopports copy pasting from Word I find..

Please check again !!!

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Sigh... now this thread needs a name change by affidavit "Blogspot vs Wordpress"

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

That reminded me.. AS needs space, so in terms of space

WordPress as blogging platform, provides 3GB..

Just like Blogspot, you can always use plug ins to utilize the Google Drive space too :D

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Customisation / Theme development in blogger and wp are too different. Developing themes in wp is much easier - the templating system is the same as is with any custom build php website. Your code can be made modular and more maintainable. On blogger, everything has to go into a single file with nesting conditions one inside the other. (:| 

Things that can't be done on blogger - 

Removing dates from permalinks X(

Server side processing Undecided

Things that can't be done on wp -

Using same slug for two posts X(

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Hunky 15 gb> 3 gb [universal truth wala smile]

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

@AS..

Sorry dont mind, but check this,

Number of Pictures: Up to 1 GB of total storage, shared with Picasa Web. If you've upgraded to Google+, your photos will be stored in Google+ Photos, where you have 15GB of storage space shared with Gmail and Drive.

Actual space in blogger is 1GB, compare to WordPress where it is 3GB.. Now what Google Blogger allows is to share GDrive space to store images and files of your blog.. I am sorry but same can work with WordPress too.. You can use GDrive as your storage for uploading images and files then hot linking back to WordPress !!!

So there you have 3GB and 15GB GDrive..

Nothing special, infact technically Blogger has less space :P

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Hunky regarding this I'll get back to you..... [Boman Irani style hasty escape] 

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

@AS..

FYI.. -> https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/42348?hl=en

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Thanks [Sigh]

sheesh!! I'm not asking you to change over....

Yet.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

'Yet' is irrelevant [big grin]

1-20
21-25
LockSign in to reply to this thread