WordPress 4.0 is out.. Any one updated yet !! Feedback ??

Hi

Those who are in self hosted platform with WordPress, today its notifying the release of version 4.0..

Has anyone updated the installation via WP auto update feature ??

Any problem or issue, please share your feedback..

Thanks..

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: Picture
Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

just saw that in dashboardUndecided

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Why do they keep updating so much last time I used it, it was 3.6 Innocent

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Securty, performance issues, supoort for newer technology to bring out new features and so on..

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Version 4.0 of WordPress, named “Benny” in honor of jazz clarinetist and bandleaderBenny Goodman, is available for download or update in your WordPress dashboard. While 4.0 is just another number for us after 3.9 and before 4.1, we feel we’ve put a little extra polish into it. This release brings you a smoother writing and management experience we think you’ll enjoy.

just completed my update.. Everything looks fine till now at least..

I usually avoid updating early when a WP update is released simply because of the fear of bugs. I have encountered various issues in the past while doing so. So I play safe and update only when a maintenance release becomes available after a major update (v4.0.1 in this case).

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

:(

I shold have waited for your post..

Anyway, 4.0 went on with Beta 1, 2, then RC1, RC2 and then only it came as RTM, so I pressume that it has been tested well before pushed as update..

Abhinav Sonkar
Abhinav Sonkar
from Pune
9 years ago

Within a week or two, bug fix update 4.1 will be released. Better to update then. It also gives enough time for plugin developers to check and update compatibility with the new version. That is also the reason why the new auto upgrade feature of Wordpress works only for minor version upgrade (like 3.5 to 3.6) rather than major version upgrades (like 3.6 to 4.0).

Abhishek
Abhishek
from Allahabad
9 years ago

Just updated. Looks good so far. I like the feature where Editing toolbar is always visible in editor. This frustrated me a lot in previous versions. Live video feature directly in editor is also cool.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I never updated wp on any of my sites :|

One of my sites is using 3.5.1 Cool

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Good stay that way Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Laughing

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Too many update follows WP update. They need to chill. 

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Security needs to be addressed so is new feature needs to be added in this ever changing field of Internet !!

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Well, finally WP added the twitter embed support, but I cannot embed it with center alignment *facepalm*.

Puja
Puja
from Kolkata
9 years ago

4.0 is come up with new updates :) 

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

did you update ??

kanuj sharma
kanuj sharma
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yes updated on my blog candytech.in, no performance issues, it is working fine I guess safe to upgrade guys

Regards

Kanuj 

yogesh
yogesh
from mumbai
9 years ago

updated working great new plugin gallery looks good

LockSign in to reply to this thread