Soft skills - Your views

Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
9 years ago

So I am trying to do some research for a project of mine on soft skills.

What I would want to know, by a quick show of opinion, is what does the Indi Junta think about this topic. What do people know about soft skills? Does anybody feel that they lack in a particular soft skill? Would they want to take a training to improve their skills? etc. etc.

I dont have a set questionnaire in place yet. Just wanted to gauge out feel before I ask for a surveymonkey kind of help :P

I am placing a short writeup below to familiarize junta with "Soft Skills". Would appreciate inputs from all!!!

---

Soft skills are:

- Personal traits or qualities -Defines how we interact with others -Intangible -Acquired through concentrated effort

Soft skills are needed to:

- Allow for effective use of skills and knowledge - Improve interaction with bosses, colleagues and clients - Influence how others perceive us - Match a laundry list of qualifications mentioned in job postings – Communication skills, Organizational skills, Team player etc. You have a soft skill gap if you find yourself: - Unable to manage your work? - With no clear sense of direction from management? - Unable to get your presence noticed? - Ineffectual presentation skills?

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: Content Modification
Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending

A bit condescending, don't you think? What makes you think the "junta" doesn't know about soft skills? I mean term has been around for years.

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
9 years ago

It wasnt my intent to sound condescending to anyone. To that extent, I have modified the line above.

On a second note, do provide your thoughts on the topic.

LockSign in to reply to this thread