Alexa Rank

shudhrita
shudhrita
from kolkata
9 years ago

What should I do to have an alexa rank ???

Replies 1 to 17 of 17 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Nothing, just blog regularly, and you will automatically get an alexa rank and other ranks over time.

Even if you dont want, I guess Alexa will asign rank based on their calculation process !!

:))

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

its a joke of a ranking system. It requires visitors to have that toolbar inorder to gauge a website's popularity. Majority of the people don't use it. Google PR makes a lot more sense considering people use google products/ chrome a lot more than alexa to gauge a site's popularity. But bloggers shouldn't bother with these rankings unless you want it for marketing your site.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

It requires visitors to have that toolbar inorder to gauge a website's popularity. 

I think it uses data from ISP's also Wink

Who in this world has that toolbar installed? Innocent

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Who in this world has that toolbar installed?

Computer Illiterate person !! Rather few basic computer users too.. I find in office many people has 12 / 15 tool bars in their IE :))

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Sealed

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I seriously doubt it. I don't think ISPs would give details of that to them.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

You have an alexa rank for .in version.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/http%3A%2F%2Fshudhrita.blogspot.in

Alexa rank is determined by number of visitors to your site. As most of your visitors are from India, the .in version has a rank while .com version doesn't. 

Subroto
from Brisbane
9 years ago

But isn't that the alexa rank for blogspot.co.in?  I put my blog blogspot.co.in then voila I get the same rank as the link above.  I put in .blogspot.com and then I get  "We don't have enough data to rank this website."  Which would explain why I don't have an alexa rank in IndiStats.  

Abhishek
Abhishek
from Allahabad
9 years ago

Here are some tips to improve Alexa rank:

• Write posts more frequently.
  • Try to post the articles at a scheduled time every day.
  • It will be helpful if you put an Alexa widget on your blog.
  • Download Alexa toolbar for your browser so that whenever you visit your website, your visit contributes to it.
  • Download Alexa toolbar for your browser so that whenever you visit your website, your visit contributes to it.

This one I have not done ever Undecided

Abhishek
from Allahabad
9 years ago

I use a toolbar in Firefox that tells alexa and pagerank of a website along with other stats. Pretty helpful to keep an eye on your "competitors" :P

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Most important - Install the alexa toolbar in your blog. Tongue out 

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

for blog ??? 

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

on Blog ?? never heard of itInnocent

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Add alexa widget to your blog Cool Add the toolbar to your browser. Cool

My bad...was in a hurry Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

:)):)):))

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

and i thought I am so dumb Innocent

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Sudhrita go to alexa.com claim your site by putting the code they give in head of your template and you are doneSmile

Claim your site here http://www.alexa.com/siteowners/claim

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Add alexa widget to your blog Cool Add the toolbar to your browser. Cool

kanuj sharma
from Mumbai
9 years ago

:) Best suggest will help increase Alexa Rank 

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Aspire for better things like Google page rank and popularity..... My take though...

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Good take AS broda just add Mozrank to it, Alexa sucksWink

Dr. Nidhi Joshi
Dr. Nidhi Joshi
from Pune
9 years ago

I did what was required as per the steps mentioned in the Alexa site. after Editting the HTML of my blog when i tried to verify website it gave me an error saying the below

"Your homrpage is ridirecting (CODE302) to an URL on anothe r domain. Please either remove this redirect or claimthe site that is being redirected to instead"

Can someone help me with this.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Doc maam your website does have some problem Frown  I can see the alexa code but the page loading takes a lot of time.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I didnt see any alexa at all.. Undecided

Dr. Nidhi Joshi
Dr. Nidhi Joshi
from Pune
9 years ago

so what do i next_ please suggest

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Maam first change the template its one of the reasons your site is slow

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

See, if blogging is what interests you, then ranking comes second. Not that it isn't important, but if you don't blog often, any number of widgets  and toolbars are not going to help.

What matters is... B.L.O.G.

Blog often.

Blog with your heart in it.

You'll mange to get the rest of the stuff if you blog honestly.

Dr. Nidhi Joshi
Dr. Nidhi Joshi
from Pune
9 years ago

thanx Arvind...yes writing is more important  than anthing else..but a better rank comes close to getting appreciated...So i yearn for that.

Dr. Nidhi Joshi
Dr. Nidhi Joshi
from Pune
9 years ago

Hi Vijay,

I have tried the page load test online..and time to laod the page looks okay. but if stillt hink that could be one reason if will find a better template and change. But the thing is I am not someone who appreciates change much.but your advice will be taken into consideration. thanks for taking out the time.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Smile

Iftekhar Ahmed
Iftekhar Ahmed
from Bhopal
9 years ago
Try to get visitors who have Alexa toolbar installed in their browsers. Alexa don't have a good analytics tracking system and thus even if you get 10000 visits daily it wont be able to track it but it will track those views which came from a browser having alexa toolbar installed. Its like 10 views from Alexa toolbar installed browsers = 100 normal views from browsers not having alexa. Its the only thing alexa sees to rank your blog. Puting Alexa widget on your blog makes no sense and takes 0.09 sec loading time thus affecting overall rate. I'm quite happy with my alexa rank, my main blogs rank is 25000 while my new blog which is only 20 days old has got a rank 47000 which is very cool and thus helps me in getting sponsored posts. Thanks.
Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Counter that with alexa widget !!! Install that so they would be able to track via that.. Would not they ??:-/

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hunky I dont think either the tool bar nor the widget matters.  I have two test cases and both have given me opposite results.  The one with tool bars is low on Alexa (higher rank) and the one without Alexa (both widget and toolbar) is ranked high

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Congrats Iftekhar for your nice ranks Smile

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

IA :: Thats why I wont bother about alexa rank

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

The way Iftekhar has described Alexa, I think it is reasonable to stop bothering about this ranking engine. We're already so full of vested interests of our political class, our administrators, and the workers that these online good-for-nothings create an additional stress is just not palatable.

I say... forget Alexa and just concentrate on your blogging. Let Alexa coming running after you because you have the power of writing. Why run after a virtual entity and stroke its ego? Why?

Iftekhar Ahmed
from Bhopal
9 years ago

Hi Arvind,

Well, being on SEO, blogging etc related  niche I cannot afford poor alexa rank and the reason behind this is that I get 40% of my total blog earning from Direct ads, sponsored posts, reviews and links. Thes advertisers don't have our analytics stats and thus the only thing they rely on is our Alexa rank. The better our alexa rank is the more the advertisers pay us. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread