What is the best and unique place in India to visit?

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Hi Guys,

Can you let me know some of the beautiful scenic and unique place to visit in India? Kindly avoid well known places like Shimla, Ooty, Munnar, Kodaikanal etc. I heard there are some places in Orissa where one can experience lake, snow and beautiful climate but no idea about the place name. You can tell us likewise.

Thanks in advance.

Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

You really need to read travel blogs written by bloggers on Indiblogger... their posts will give you all the information as well as inspiration that you may be searching for. Locating these posts isn't difficult on indiblogger. The path: Indivine > Lifestyle > Travel.

All the best! :)

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Thanks Arvind for your reply and guide. I saw those links and posts but all of them are India's well known places mostly, and some of them are international known places and their posts.

I am searching for something less known but beautiful and hidden places in India only.

Regards.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Have you been to Puri? Puri is one of the cheapest sea-town one can travel to... and much better maintained than many other coastal towns of India.

Snow in Orissa? Hard to believe.

It also depends on what you like. Sea or mountains? Jungle or cities? There is no "best place". It all depends on taste, budget, personal preferences.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Daringbadi can surprice you someday [Wink]

Looked it up! 28 years in Calcutta - never heard of it. Spent some time in BBSR too!!! Remind me to write about my time there someday.

Not really snow, it's just the dew at 0c, it seems. More like soft crackly ice rather than snow.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Heheee... keep in touch with self proclaimed backpackers... you'll gradually attain nirvana [Wink]

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Churchgate. Good vada pavs and misals. Good cakes too! 

heh heh!

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

He hee heee...thanks to all. Thanks to Anunoy Samanta for indicating one of the best location in Odisha called Daringbadi.

@ all, there are many less known beautiful places in India which we usually forget to reach despite interested to know something different peace and quite place. One of them in TN is, Amirthi Zoological Park and Forest which is awesome though the way is little hurdle (Google it for  'Amirthi Zoological Park' to know more detail and snaps). Try it once if you have enought travel time.

You can share here such location which would help many bloggers and travelers.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

I'm sure you've heard of JHANSI in UP... many have heard of this place but not many have gone and stayed there. One does get to know a lot about Rani Laxmibai here... and then the city has plenty of temples if that interests you. major Dhyanchand's house is here... and if you're lucky, you just might bump into Ashok Kumar, his son and a brilliant hockey player himself.

Orcha is barely half a hour's drive from Jhansi... 

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Mumbai without any doubtTongue out

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

Kanyakumari - have you experienced the gushing wind on the Vivekananda Rock? It's the confluence of three seas, southernmost tip of India, and has a huge Tiruvalluvar statue. It's the windiest place I have visited!

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

@ Arvind, thanks for letting me know well known and little different place of course, yes I have not been there but crossed that station while traveling by train. Will try for Orcha. I have recently saw the real photo's of great Jhansi Rani Laxmi bai.

@ Vijay, Mumbai or Bombay Cool ( I was once upon a time in Mumbai Smile ).

@ Destination Infinity, who doesn't know Kanyakumari - this is well known tourist place of course. Mamallpuram (Mahabalipuram) near Chennai is also one of the windiest place I have visited.

Thanks to Arvind, Vijay and Destination. Help me to get some less known beautiful places in India.

Stuti Shrimali
from Mumbai
9 years ago

You should go to Talakad (a getaway from bengaluru). I had visited this place last year but couldnt write on it.. but will soon do on stutishrimali.blogspot.in (travel blog). But I have uploaded a few pics here - www.facebook.com/StutiShrimaliPhotography and also on my instgram (junkkdna).

There is a place called Nandi Hills in Bangalore and you shall sure visit it (best to visit in early morning, you should see sunrise from there. Again pics on my fb page)

You should also try and visit Somnath (Gujarat), Amritsar, Wagah Border and Manali, Shimla.

Bodhgaya (Bihar) is a lovely place too, very peaceful and you will see the neat and clean rural area.

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

So I'm assuming that you've been to Puri (Odisha)... yes, then think of crusing on the Buddhist circuit [Smile]

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

@ Stuti, yes, I had been to Talakad, Muthathi, Shivansamudra, Sangam, Nandi Hills and so on. Thanks for reminding me about them.

I will try for Somnath (Gujarat), Amritsar, Wagah Border, Manali and Bodhgaya (Bihar) too. Thanks.

@ Anunoy, will try for Puri :).

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Why don't you spend a full day (plus night) at Konark? It'll be something interesting [Smile]

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

The place with the funniest name that I ever visited is a small village in Punjab: Gidderbaha. 

By the way, it isn't necessary that a place has to have some historical significance or be a cultural node or have something to show-off... one can go to any non-descript little village in India and spend a day just watching people do whatever it is that are intent on doing. Just be an observer. There will a lot of them who will join you as you watch... and then you'll talk to each other... and maybe understand some little known facet about rural existence.

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Yes Arvind, thanks for suggestion. I will try for Gidderbaha too :)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Have you ever gone off-the-highway and into the undiscovered rural wilderness of India? If no, then do try it... and then blog about your experiences.

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Arvind, yes I have already done this but very few posts. Will try it for more subject posts :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread