#MaybeNextYear

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Saw this trending on Twitter Smile so though Indibloggers may have some wishes for next year.

What do you wish to see happen next year (personal or for your city/state/India/World)

Your frank views pleaseMoney mouth

Replies 1 to 20 of 20 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I will start of with my #MaybeNextYear Ranjith will stop calling himself a kiddo Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I never called myself a kiddo. Others call me by that name. Tongue out

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Adding content to JavaWithUs Innocent, launching CS With Us Laughing, getting approved for Adsense Undecided, creating IB Android app (#MaybeNextToNextYear Tongue out), making CK and Vijay post guest bloggers on Blog ArchitectsMoney mouth, creating some small online tools for bloggers Laughing, Getting atleast 34 IndiSpire topics selected Wink, getting an IndiStar Yell, winning an IB contest... will add more tomorrow Cool

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

CK and Vijay #MayBeIn2020 Wink

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Vijay and CK #MayBeIn2030 :))

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

#MaybeNextToNextYear Indi will host a contest where the prize is 2BHK penthouse appartment in Worli Wink

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

#MaybeNextYear - IB will start 'Happy Day' instead of 'Happy Hour' and will add 2000 vouchers of 5k instead of 100 or 200 vouchers Tongue out of 1 or 2k from sponsors.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

... and allows multiple entries for HH. Tongue out

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I forgot to add...supposed to be 'unlimited entries' for the contest too Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Cool

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Why just Indiblogger and Blogadda? Let a few more jump in... there is a huge potential out there just waiting to be tapped. An increase in the number of players will be beneficial to blogging... and the base will grow much faster than it is growing at present.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

I would also want to see in the 2015 the unveiling of really BIG and lucrative blogging contests where the prizes and takeaways are at least 10x than what they are today. Right now the fiscals for one contest must be barely equaling a miserly single qtr page insert in the print media... and the corporate world is smartly building their virtual contextual presence by literally throwing peanuts towards bloggers. This is the scenario that must change.

Believe me, the overall scene is quite grim... media houses are slowly creeping in on the virtual platforms and soon they will have monopolised large tracts of online space and would simply snatch away readership. Independent bloggers wouldn't even know what hit them... except for a select few bright or smart ones who manage to get into the panels of media group blogs. 

But right now the print journo is fearful of bloggers and the way they are rising in numbers... and we will be foolish to think that media houses will not be strategising. Therefore, I wish for more involved players like indiblogger and blogadda to enter and give the conventional media houses a tough contest.

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Yes, I agree with Arvind.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

by media run blogs are you refering those blogs...like blog.timesofindia.com or http://ibnlive.in.com/blog/ etc?   as long as blogspot/wordpress/tumblr etc platform exists, i dont think those media run blogs would be a threat...becos those media platforms might not give the independence these independent platforms give to voice opinions...also ppl cant monetize those...so only handful would be interested  to get into panel just for little show-off/status symbol purpose maybe...but a true blogger would always want to have independent platform rather than write under some media house.

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
9 years ago

#MaybeNextYear I will get my act together Undecided

Dr Ryan Fernandes
Dr Ryan Fernandes
from Mangalore
9 years ago

#MaybeNextYear I will host my own blog finally! Actually not maybe, Surely next year coz the process as already begun. Inspired by Alok Vats blog posts :-)

#MayBeNextYear I'll learn better discipline

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Why 'maybe'? 'maybe' and discipline never go together because maybe runs much faster than discipline. :)

It was just wishful thinking sir. I'm very bad with discipline, that's why Maybe

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago
#MaybeNextYear I will finally win a travel contest in IB. Till now the hard work have not paid any dividents. Lets hope new year bring some joy.
Surely surely
tinku shaji
tinku shaji
from Coimbatore
9 years ago

#MaybeNextYear I will improve my Food Photography skills so that my food pics get accepted by food gawkerInnocent 

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

#MayBeNextYear I start participating in IB contests. For that I need to start a new personal blog, can't put all that stuff on my gardening blog.

#MayBeNextYear My blogging blog will really take off. And I get back to what people expect from me, going by my screen name.

#MayBeNextYear I'll reach a step closer to a few of my plans, some of which have lingered on for quite too long now.

#MayBeNextYear Maybe...

Maybe...

Good luck for all your #MayBe s

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Why is everyone so fixed to 'maybe'... ?

Come on, a resolution needs to start with #SurelyIWill or it is better to not have a resolutuon. :)

Resolutions anyway are about an inner urge to do something that you have been thinking of doing... and the probability of failure is always present. However, fear of failure should not make one begin a resolve with a 'maybe'. It is like playing politics with your own self, right?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

#MayBeNextYear I will say, #SurelyIWill Money mouth

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

that #maybe hashtag was trending on twitter hence VP made this thread...you make another thread with #Surely...we'll all post there tooLaughing

But surely will surely let us not dream big. Surely will keep our targets low surely. And when MayBe is started let's let it be MayBe
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

#MayBeNextYear #SurelyIWill Money mouth

Deepika
from Bangalore
9 years ago

yeah.. well said Smile

#MayBeNextYear I will be awarded Nobel for blogging about Cleanathon with three blogpostsै
#MayBeNextYear my book will see the print
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Rio the second one looks like happeningSmile

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Good luck with that. hope we will get an autographed copy. Tongue out

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Interesting conversation! Here's mine - #MayBeNextYear I will learn to just be.

I try to make things happen and it leads to unecessary stress. I hope I will finally learn to do my best, which I somtimes strive for (not always), and leave the rest to the Universe! I hope I try to live in the present more than I do right now.

Anuja
Anuja
from Bangalore
9 years ago

#maybenextyear I will win at least one contest Cool

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Best of luck for thatSmile and hope it becomes true

Anuja
Anuja
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Thanks Vijay

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
9 years ago

#maybenextyear I'll be eligible to play all contests Innocent

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

#MaybeNextYear I'll cross the 1000 blog posts uploaded mark... I'm on 810 today. :)

Oindrila De
Oindrila De
from Mumbai
9 years ago

#MaybeNextYear I will write at least one travel post a week and visit at least 2 new places a month. Laughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread