Connecting your blog to Google+

Subroto
Subroto
from Brisbane
9 years ago

Has anyone done this? Changed from Blogger to Google+?

They do list the following information

• Your public Google+ profile will replace your Blogger profile
  • Your profile gadget will show information, including your common name , from your public Google+ profile instead of your Blogger profile
  • Your posts and comments will link to your public Google+ profile
  • This change will affect all your blogs: .....blah...
  • Information on your Blogger profile won't be transferred to your Google+ profile, so copy your Blogger profile information to your Google+ profile before switching

But does it make a difference to how we manage the blog?  

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Ascending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

But does it make a difference to how we manage the blog?  

Switch to a Google+profile and explore things yourself. Cool

If I switch to a Google+ profile and change my mind, can I switch back?

You have the option of reverting to your Blogger profile for up to 30 days after you make the switch. After 30 days, your Blogger profile will be deleted and if you want to switch back, you will need to create a new Blogger profile.

Source: https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/1375600?hl=en

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

I think this G+ connection was an attempt by Blogger to popularize G+ in the early days. The only advantage I see is auto sharing of our post links from blogger to G+. The G+ comments are not my favorite. I don't think the dashboard would change or your posts will be posted in G+ or anything. It just connects Blogger & G+ and gives some additional features. 

Connecting WP to G+ is really easy using the Publicize feature. The only thing is my posts are published privately to G+. Then I have to sign in to G+ and share with Communities / Public etc.

Subroto
from Brisbane
9 years ago

Blogger has some good widijits that let u do that.  I didn't want to lose my dashboard primarly which is why I asked.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Connecting to G+ helps a lot in SEO, Google shows the G+ pages on first page other than that I think G+ is heading the Orkut way Wink

Subroto
from Brisbane
9 years ago

That explains why they are trying to move the old blogging accounts over then.

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I guess what you're trying is to link your google+ profile page with your blogger blog. I guess nothing changes, except the fact that your blogger profile (author profile) will be replaced with your presonal information you have shared on your google+ profile, like your complete name and About you details, and other such details. This negatively affects if you write under a pseudonym, like I do. You will lose the pseudonym, for all blogs associated with your google account.

You will be able to post your blog posts on Google+ as well, beyond posting the same on your blog. Other ways to manage your blog and the blogger.com dashboard remain the same, I believe.

You need to copy your About Author details from your blogger profile before switching, in case both the details are not same on google+ and blogger profile and you want to keep the about author details from your blogger profile.

Subroto
from Brisbane
9 years ago

Thanks for the detailed reply CK.  I've clicked on the Google+ option in the blogger dashboard a few times now but have always chickened out.  I already have the Google+ widgit on my blog to let me publish to Google+.  I guess they are just trying to move us to Google+ instead of staying on Blogger.  

Subroto
Subroto
from Brisbane
9 years ago

I don't want to change from a familiar environment, in terms of managing my blog.  Then does this affect the other third party widgets, like sitemeter etc?  

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

No, third party tools/widgets won't be affected.

LockSign in to reply to this thread