Review of 2014 and blogging resolutions/plans for 2015

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

How was your blogging life in 2014? What are the achievements that you are proud of? Is there anything that you regret?

What are your resolutions and plans for 2015? How do you plan to achieve them?

Laughing

Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Let me begin with regrets.

None.

Yes, there were topics that I thought I would write on but couldn't. Those topics are still somewhere in the lanes and bylanes of my memory... and i hope I am able to write a post on them some time.

Now we come to resolutions.

I hope to keep the posting pressure ON. No let ups... no delays. I know it is a tall order.

Blogging in 2014?

Made a few friends and a few enemies. I do not know what I did that I won a few friends... and I do not know what I did to deserve these enemies. :)

Madhu
Madhu
from Chennai
9 years ago
Well, 2014 is the year where I took to blogging seriously! And so far it's been a good roll! Purrfectgirl has made quite a few laugh/giggle/smirk/think ! I always wanted to make people happy and I think my blog has given me a very good platform to do so :) Speaking of achievements,- well, the very first contest I joined here on IB seemed to reward me with a runner up title ! Getting to showcase my views on such a big media giant like NDTV means a lot to me ! Hope 2015 brings in more awesomeness :) Also, this is the year I landed on IB, and I have met some amazing bloggers and you people really do inspire me ! I am gonna say a delightful good bye to 2014 keeping in mind that I have made 201 ( my current no. of followers ) people happy !!! It means a lot to a girl with snail speed brain ! Resolutions- Make sure I deliver my readers more quality filled posts :D
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

ICSE Java Answers - I have started a forum for my ICSE Java site and now it has 100+ questions Cool and around 3-4 active members Tongue out Not great numbers but still good enough.

I wanted to launch my CS site by Dec end but I couldn't. Even now, a lot of work is yet to be completed. I hope to launch it at least by next month end.

Blogging blog - Thought of launching a blogging blog since many years. Finally, I had done it in Aug and posted around 12 posts in a week and after that, I forgot about it. And CK simply refuses to be a guest blogger on that site. :((

It has been ages since I wrote something non-contest on ALHT. I think I was able to start it partially with my kinley post. If I remove the video at the end, no one will even know that it was written for a contest. And CK gave me a photo of a sparrow and I have a story of a bird that commits suicide. So, the second post is also ready. And I hope to continue the flow (even though no one understands what I write Tongue out)

Resolutions for 2014

Launch my CS site. 

Post at least twice every month on ALHT.

Restart blogging blog and Java site.

Buy a laptop with money earned through Happy Hours Money mouth

Laughing

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

For 2014, I wanted to post on my science fiction and fantasy blog every Tuesday. I have managed to do that - only one last Tuesday remains this year. I hope I can post that one and complete my resolution.

For 2015, I again want to continue posting every Tuesday. Additionally I hope to start a new mythology blog along with 2 of my friends and maintain a similar weekly posting schedule.

Lucifer House Inc. - No goals - Last year I have managed around 40 posts - won some money in a few contests. Hope to just keep it going similarly.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

I think it is only correct to mention here that I have completed 810 posts on my blog... and one of the things that i will wish happens in 2015 is my blog reaching the 1000 posts goal. :)

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Pretty proud of 2014 Cool Took TW to new heights and hope to make it a bigger brand in 2015, if possible in Alexa 1000 (already received queries for shares in TW Tongue out)

Have to start pushing combo too in 2015 but dont find time Cry

Oindrila De
Oindrila De
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Achievements: I posted over 60 blogposts this year. It's quite a big jump from last year when I barely had 10. I started taking blogging more seriously and actively took out time to write. I also managed to win a few goodies and vouchers through sundry contests. I never expected my blogs to fetch me anything more than readers.

Regrets: I could not finish a lot of articles which are still drafts. I wish I would write more travel posts and bring some more discipline in my blogging habits. 

Resolutions for 2015: 

1. Increase my followers by 10 times. 

2. Write at least one post a week.

Plan: Put blogging on my weekly to-do list. I think I should gain more followers organically when I write more. I will also interact with fellow bloggers a lot more.

I will write a post about this and submit to Indivine Tongue out

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
9 years ago

2014 will definitely be a rememberable one for me as this is the year in which I started attending Indiblogger meets, mobile launch events and more. The most amazing thing that has happen in this year is that I have started a blogging niche blog where am covering all things related to blogging, SEO, keyword research tools and more.  2015 has not begin, but already I have few goals in my mind and that's just because of blogging. My first goal is to achieve 1 lakh alexa rank for my new blogging niche blog. All the best to everyone and I hope to read everyone's review of 2014 from a blogger's point of view.  

Thanks Ranjith for starting this thread over here.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Don't trust a lot of people in the same line of work. 

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

This was 2014 being reviewed... or your resolution for 2015? :)

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

2014 review.  Not much of a resolution guy, other than having stuffs and equipments. 

I am not a full fledged blogger though..But would like to explore more about blogging in the coming year. 

Regrets? None. Don't believe in them.

Low points: Deliberately leading on people in a particular group just to boost readership in August. I called the magic call and they all came rushing in like the mice to the Pied Piper. So technically not my fault they acted as lemmings. BTW, I did not try it again, so I am a good guy after all.

High points: Retaining some good regular readers, gaining some new ones, who, hopefully, will become regulars.

Resolution: I resolve to keep on keeping on, but spend more time on my book. Also, I resolve to continue bugging people who will visit but not comment. THAT really bugs me!!!

LockSign in to reply to this thread