One news headline you don't want to hear or read in 2015

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Well, it is 'news' that I am talking of... and it could be anything from the driver who makes Uber tremble to the Air Asia plane that has disappeared. I know the year has been full of tragic events and none of us would want any of those tragedies to repeat themselves in the new year. But then rapes, air accidents, murders, bribes, political instability, economic crashes... and so many other things will keep on happenning.

What is that ONE disturbing or not-so-disturbing occurance that you feel should not happen in 2015?

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: The chosen category doesn't reflect as a thread
Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Terrorist attacks any where Undecided

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

The one thing that disturbs me most is DIVISION.

For instance, the division of a State. If our political masters keep on insisting on these divisions, a day might come when my block of flats might actually be a State and the RWA would be elevated to being the government. No, i certainly don't want this divisive trend to continue.

In fact, any news on borders being dissolved anywhere in the world will be welcome news.

:)

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

i agree..even countries should open up borders and no more visa restrictions anywhere...and i'm serious!

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Should we compare like that? Is one woman being raped in Delhi less heinous than 100 children killed in Pakistan or numerous families slaughtered in Assam?

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Not comparing... talking about just one thing that should not happen in the new year does not mean that you favour other evil events that have happened, TF. :)

Anita Sahu
Anita Sahu
from Ranchi
9 years ago

no Bharat band.....and also same for states....especially about my native state Jharkhand, where every now and then you hear about state band...

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

You're right... strikes, dharnas, and rallies only disrupt.

I am unable pick one over the other, this sounds so frivolous.

The times are such that no crime is too big, and no atrocity too small.

I understand there cannot ever be a utopia in any country, but still if prayers go out into the cosmos, then - 

• I don't want any girl to face the brunt of an acid attack.
  •  I don't want any child molested anywhere.
  • I don't want any child committing suicide because of harassment at school.
  • I don't want a traffic jam blocking an ambulance's speedy run for the hospital.
  • I don't want homeless dying in the cold...
  • And I don't ever, ever want to see a child serving me tea at a roadside dhaba or selling toys and balloons at the traffic signal.

One more wish is that nobody goes to sleep on a hungry stomach. That there's enough food for all.

Preeti Chauhan
from Delhi
9 years ago

Ragini , My thoughts exactly 

• I also do not want any maiming/ killing /rapes in the name of religion or caste or any reason what so ever in the world
  • The list would be infinitely long ,there is no evil deed lesser than others .You cannot say which evil is ok to be a headline ,even job cutting is bad ...
  • I wish for peace and harmony which I know is too much to ask 
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

alien invasion converting us into a slave race. Moon escaping from earth's gravity. Mining on the moon causing the moon to crack and wiping human civilization as we know it. Sun collapsing, creating a supernova. black hole sucking our solar system into the unknown void, destruction of net neutrality, service tax increasing. Property tax increasing. society charges in Mumbai increasing, income tax increasing. North Korea annexing south korea, USA becoming a pseudo capitalist regime, India becoming a pseudo capitalist regime. Machines attacking humans, humans on the verge of extinction, humans becoming zombies, extinction of endangered species, government propaganda and lies, communal disharmony, national disharmony, boder issues, nuclear threats, terrorist threats, multiple invasion threats, collapse of the government, assassination of key government personnel. collapse of United Nations, collapse of Ukraine, collapse of oil reserves, water on mars containing alien entities that take over human bodies, planes falling, space ships falling, International space station falling, fighter planes falling, ships sinking, submarines sinking, no justice for bhopal gas tragedy, INR price increasing, octroi increasing, customs duty increasing, cheats, frauds, scams, people getting hurt, damaged, declared dead due to explosion of electronics, Mumbai sinking under water by the next 100 years, acid attack, chemical attack, serial murderers and psychopaths, misleading news reports, dangerously misleading news reports, no proper expansion towards non fossil fuel for vehicles, chinese reb*****ng companies being honoured as 'make in india' companies, companies making gadgets and electronic equipment using dangerous substance with no ROHS certification, no car safety certification, no proper car safety certification, no strict standards of car and two wheeler safety, no mandatory sales of proper helmets, no mandatory law for safety essentials in the car, chit fund on the rise, deaths of those serving in the army, no proper care for retired veterans, whistleblowers being defamed, discredited and destroyed for doing their jobs, people losing jobs, online banking collapsing, stock market collapsing, north pole and south pole having a significant tilt, temporal disturbing tearing the earth apart. sudden appearance of dinosaurs and shitty food being complimented. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I don't want to hear '100 people killed after seeing TS' huge block of text' Money mouth

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Wow! TS... this qualifies as the most serious paragraph I've read in all of 2014.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Indiblogger not fixing the word 're-b-r-a-n-d-i-ng. Indiblogger not shifting to xenforo, Hardware BBQ not winning blogger award for 2015, no blogger awards, no bloggers, government hunting down bloggers, government declares blogging illegal, internet companies start charging people per word, no google fiber, no proper implementation of google fiber in the area, society being a douchenozzle for not implementing google fiber, society thinking that rats can climb upwards via fiber, Ranjith leaving indiblogger, CK leaving indiblogger, old monk not coming for meets, animesh not coming for meets, people not coming for meets, my hypothyroidism not getting cured and hence getting thin, not able to get out of depression that comes for no reason, bro being a douchenozzle, sis being a douche, nephew being a douche, me being a douche, everyone becoming a douche, renaming each and every road in mumbai, lack of subramanium swamy jokes, lack of pappu jokes, no rap sessions between subramanium swamy and digvijay singh, death of good people, increase of horrible singers like that yo yo singh walla, death of good singers who dissapeared into oblivion, classic jokes being twisted, turned and mutilated ito horrible remixes, sunburn playing remix songs, no chicken, no fish, air consumption tax, space consumption tax, fatass consumption tax....

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Well... "no rap sessions between subramanium swamy and digvijay singh, death of good people" is too bad. We cannot surely survive only on what Kapil Sharma doles out to us.

I'm sure North Korea isn't going to annex South Korea so long as they (the northerners) are getting their moments on Hollywood flicks!

:)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Ranjith leaving indiblogger, CK leaving indiblogger,

=))

Salman Khan finally loses his <Click To Read More>

Chandresh Jain
Chandresh Jain
from Delhi
9 years ago

Indian Govt decide to Waiver XXX thousand crores of Farm loans to win votes again 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

I don't want fundamentalist fringe groups to be an impediment to NaMo's growth plans for the Nation...

Abhishek kumar
Abhishek kumar
from Varanasi
9 years ago

'Kareena will not do KARWA-CHAUTH' type news. When these worthless type news trends in media, It's most disturbing.

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

News that I don't want to hear / read... there are so many to mention but only few herein.

1. Happy Hour stopped or No Bumper contest in IB

2. Black Money unable to recover from Swiss

3. Free internet from Mark / FB not offering to India

4. Lucky 6 won't pay to IB winners

5. Terror attack / Strike / Communal violance etc.

6. Everything Breaking News on TV

7. Farmer's suicide

8. Ego Wink.

LockSign in to reply to this thread